Why are so many people against non-smokers vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LKnives

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2012
Madison, WI
www.twitch.tv
Seems weird to me. We know smoking is bad and we know, that at the very least, vaping is less harmful. So why the big thing I see about non-smokers looking into getting an ecig getting multitudes of people telling them not too? Doesn't that, in a way, give the wrong opinion to people outside of the vaping community the wrong impression? The huge stink made about don't start if you never smoked seems like it might get some minds a wondering as to why not? What's wrong with them?

I guess now that I am almost 8 months in I look at my nicotine habit like my caffeine habit. One bottle of soda a day does me good for the day and vaping whenever does me good for nicotine for the day.

I've had a non-smoking friend say he wanted to get an epipe for the effect and I told him which ones looked pretty good and worked well instead of berating him about how he has never smoked before and shouldn't. My thoughts have always been that at least the person isn't picking up smoking just to get nicotine.

darkstorm

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2011
Colorado
www.vaportrailz.com
My wife is a diabetic and a non smoker. After smoking desert vapors around her she was curious how it tasted so I whipped her up some nicotine free chocolate peanut butter french silk juice. She now uses her vaporizer as an appetite suppressant in lieu of sugary snacks. Vaping has helped me quit smoking and has helped my wife lose 30 pounds. I believe there are others who could benefit from these amazing devices including some who have never smoked.

Mountain_Rain96

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2013
Atlanta Ga.
My wife is a diabetic and a non smoker. After smoking desert vapors around her she was curious how it tasted so I whipped her up some nicotine free chocolate peanut butter french silk juice. She now uses her vaporizer as an appetite suppressant in lieu of sugary snacks. Vaping has helped me quit smoking and has helped my wife lose 30 pounds. I believe there are others who could benefit from these amazing devices including some who have never smoked.

My wife was never a smoker, but was also curious about how the 0-nic dessert flavors would taste, so she ordered some for herself, along with her own starter kit and extra batteries from V4L. She lost interest a couple of weeks later, and I ended up with all her goodies. I not only have my eGos and everything, but a bunch of 808 threaded batteries, chargers, 0-nic juice (which I mix with 24mg, 50/50) and a billion blank cartos. I still vape them from time to time, but they just don't compare, obviously. I'm not going to let them go to waste, though, I'll vape them all up, eventually.

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
I don't think that non-smokers should take up smoking. then again, I think that it's ok for them to take up vaping if they want to. Smoking is an on-ramp for vaping. If you can hit the vaping highway without a cigarette, then all the better. I watched a video last night about a guy that went from barely smoking to vaping instead and it improved his health because the nic is an anti inflammatory and his breathing problems have all but gone away. He also lost weight (probably because he was not blocking his air with smoke).

Orobas

Equine Disrespect
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2012
Jarhead City
I wouldn't recommend it but I won't throw a righteous fit about it either.

I believe all people should have complete dominion over their own person, even if their decisions may not be completely healthy or aesthetically pleasing to me.

i liken it to alcoholics who switch from liquor to beer instead of just quitting alcohol entirely.

Um. You sound like an ANTZ.

p-doze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2013
United States
I wouldn't recommend it but I won't throw a righteous fit about it either.

I believe all people should have complete dominion over their own person, even if their decisions may not be completely healthy or aesthetically pleasing to me.

Um. You sound like an ANTZ.

i wouldn't encourage someone that never drank soda to start drinking diet soda either. vaping is the lesser of two evils, but at the end of the day, you're still intentionally inhaling an addictive chemical that was labeled as poison when it was discovered, and is also used as a pesticide.

stillnotsmoking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
GA, USA
Not sucking chemicals into your lungs is always better than sucking chemicals into your lungs, even if they are "less harmful" chemicals. If you don't have a habit, why start one? Knowing what you know now, would you have EVER smoked that first cigarette?

I'll be honest, I probably would have still smoked cigarettes knowing even what I do now. And I have that right, just as anyone else (smoker or not) has the right to pick up whatever they want, put it in their mouth, and smoke, vape or chew it. Who are YOU to tell me, or anyone else what they should do with their life, their health, or anything else for that matter. /rant

p-doze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2013
United States
I'll be honest, I probably would have still smoked cigarettes knowing even what I do now. And I have that right, just as anyone else (smoker or not) has the right to pick up whatever they want, put it in their mouth, and smoke, vape or chew it. Who are YOU to tell me, or anyone else what they should do with their life, their health, or anything else for that matter. /rant

as someone that purchases health insurance, i would rather see my premiums decrease than be spent on someone else's lifetime of bad habits who has never purchased health insurance but can always afford cigarettes, pizza, and soda.

Kabooma

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2013
Eastern PA

when your group healthcare costs are shared by smokers, and you are one of those morally superior types, you start to think about how the smokers in your workplace affect your wallet.. not that I agree, but that's among the more reasonable arguments I've heard from non-smokers.

I also have a counter argument of sorts- Gasoline. The price is dictated by supply and demand, right? Well all those people who drive monster SUV's might be able to afford to suck 50 gal of gas a week, but my little 42mpg car doesn't, but I pay a much higher price because they are taking up more resources, making the price go up.

I don't think I really have a solid point, other than that we all share resources, and the actions of one can affect the costs of many. People should at least be more aware of that.

Ravensfan

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2013
Baltimore, MD
as someone that purchases health insurance, i would rather see my premiums decrease than be spent on someone else's lifetime of bad habits who has never purchased health insurance but can always afford cigarettes, pizza, and soda.

Tomorrow the whole world could start eating nothing but tofu and drinking spring water and your premiums would still go up. The insurance industry is almost as brilliant as commodity speculators when it comes to making up reasons to charge more for their product.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread