Why are "SUPPORTING SUPPLIERS" of this forum still making absurd claims?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrimmGreen

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jan 30, 2009
Carson City, Nevada, United States
without naming names , i have noticed that many of the "supporting suppliers" on the ECF Forum are still making claims like

::Each cartridge is equivalent of 2 traditional packs of cigarettes::

and selling starter kits for HUNDREDS of dollars

has no one called them on their S**T?

i suppose being a supporting supplier doesn't mean you are forced to be honest but come on... we all know better than to buy into the whole

Each cartridge is equivalent of 2 traditional packs of cigarettes.

Right? or am i wrong here?

RsL

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2009
Minneapolis
And have you ever went to this forum from another computer or different browser without signing in first? You'll see banner ad after banner ad. The one I'm looking at now from another browser on my computer is hyping the blucig.

I not complaining as I guess this site has to be supported some how and paid advertising is a good way to do it. But I just wonder how many people never become members and click on those ads thinking that the e-cigs they advertise must be good ones because they are on the e-cigarette forum.....

Wolf

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2009
Kingston, WA, U.S.A.
I don't disagree, but I think it is a case of Buyer Beware. If you've done your research, you should know that a cart is only going to equal 2-4 cigarettes and that you can get just about any starter kit for $45 to $60 USD. They are supporting the forum and we don't have to purchase from them. We just keep telling the newbies the facts over and over and hopefully end the misinformation.

mamacat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2009
WS, NC, USA
And have you ever went to this forum from another computer or different browser without signing in first? You'll see banner ad after banner ad. The one I'm looking at now from another browser on my computer is hyping the blucig.

I not complaining as I guess this site has to be supported some how and paid advertising is a good way to do it. But I just wonder how many people never become members and click on those ads thinking that the e-cigs they advertise must be good ones because they are on the e-cigarette forum.....

RsL,

It is too funny you mention that b/c before I registered on this site, I did click on those ads b/c of the very reason you mentioned - they are on this forum, so I thought that meant they were better than the average supplier. I almost bought one of those products b/c of it. But, I kept digging and reading what forum members were saying about other products before I decided which to get and then I jumped. I am sure glad I did, too. The members here are very informative and knowledgeable in this subject and I am forever grateful to have found this place.

eplanet

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
And I personally say "name names".

If they are still making ludicrous claims, they should be called out IMHO.

I agree, there should be some regulation, but that is up to "the decision maker" all you can do is bring it to peoples attention...

Wildsky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
Nebraska
I'm curious about all those ad's and banners etc.... if thats supporting the forum, financially - why do we still get booted off when there are too many people online?
Why do our contests and stuff still get deleted, surely the revenue from all those ad's banners and supporting suppliers can go a little to buying more space for the forum?

Tallgirl1974

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2009
Loganville, Ga
I cant name names because... truthfully... I have clicked on each one multiple times and they are hard to remember...the claims and prices bother me.. have made large orders from china so I can judge quickly whats nuts- if they have batteries for a 901 way over 12 bucks- rip off. Attys for way over 10- rip off. juice over 15 bucks for 15 ml, ridiculous. I know I am paying for the convenience of not waiting for it to come from overseas- and I know it doesn't have to go thru customs so no worry- so its piece of mind- but come on..these are high and then they add high shipping(its smaller than my pinky finger, It doesn't cost 7 bucks to mail!)...ok I can remember one... Bloog WTF are they thinking? 34 bucks for a battery? Ha. While the digital smoke shop has deices for their kits and parts....its very time consuming when you first start with these- some sites don't clearly mention the fact that you have to spend $100 bucks per order until you go to check out. ARG.
I wish I had the time to rate these sites, not just their juice but their parts- since basically I have tried them all out lol

Last edited:

Nuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Ontario, Canada
I'm curious about all those ad's and banners etc.... if thats supporting the forum, financially - why do we still get booted off when there are too many people online?
Why do our contests and stuff still get deleted, surely the revenue from all those ad's banners and supporting suppliers can go a little to buying more space for the forum?

The suppliers alone generate over 40,000 US a year. Add in the user donations and the ad revenue and this forums generate many, many times more than a good host costs. There really is no reason the bandwidth gets overrun as often as it does. Other than the forum hosted images, the bandwidth from a forum is pretty small.

Back to topic, having the forum begin to enforce marketing rules on suppliers that fund the forum leads to other problems including legal issues.

NY JETS

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
NYC
www.CitySmoker.com
without naming names , i have noticed that many of the "supporting suppliers" on the ECF Forum are still making claims like

::Each cartridge is equivalent of 2 traditional packs of cigarettes::

and selling starter kits for HUNDREDS of dollars

has no one called them on their S**T?

i suppose being a supporting supplier doesn't mean you are forced to be honest but come on... we all know better than to buy into the whole

Each cartridge is equivalent of 2 traditional packs of cigarettes.

Right? or am i wrong here?

Please name names! I would love for these people to get called out.:thumb:

GrimmGreen

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jan 30, 2009
Carson City, Nevada, United States
you know... i would still rather not name names... just look around and see for yourself.

my only real concern is that a noobie would end up there and think that $100+ is ok to pay for a starter kit.

Dont get me wrong , MOST of the supporting suppliers are great ( at least the ones i have dealt with ) and i would certainly pay a little extra for something if i was also getting stellar customer service.

but aside from prices , claiming 2 packs of cigarettes per cart really bothers me ... a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread