Why are the most of the people who vape are a bit overweight

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRapidPro

May 26, 2019
So, just asking. 9 out of 10 people who I know they vape are overweight or at least have a little bit more of a bigger body, including me. However, smokers I know are much more slim, and don't have weight issues. All of them that I know, according to my observations. Why can this be? Is it because vapers are usually a bit more geeky? Does it actually directly or indirectly affect the BMI? Is it just my environment? What do you think?

barkfunklerbunk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2014
Planet Earth
I don't think vaping has anything to do with BMI.
I would instead look at the sugar laden foods and liquids being consumed. Practically everything in a grocery store has sugar in it, not just junk food. Sugar comes in many forms and names.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
So, just asking. 9 out of 10 people who I know they vape are overweight or at least have a little bit more of a bigger body, including me. However, smokers I know are much more slim, and don't have weight issues. All of them that I know, according to my observations. Why can this be? Is it because vapers are usually a bit more geeky? Does it actually directly or indirectly affect the BMI? Is it just my environment? What do you think?

Hi and welcome,
How long did you smoke and how many per day?
When did you quit and begin vaping?

What mod and topper are you using?
What is the nicotine level of your juice?

IMO: BMI = BS.

Cheers
I

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
Wow, REALLY ? ? ?

I'll just go ahead and be B R U T A L L Y honest and post perhaps what others may be thinking as I have no problem being a straight shooter.

What a crappy question to ask! WTF. Perhaps you mean well...but -------> just NVM before I get myself into trouble.

BTW my experience with local vapers is the very opposite of yours. Oh crap, I'll just say it...you do realize that ALL body types exist upon planet Earth whether vaping or not right? NVM

Good day........

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I lost a couple pounds when I started vaping.

I really apologize, but I have to say that is the dumbest thread title I have ever read.

With that said, I was thin as a smoker and vaping hasn't changed that.

LOL thanks to the miracle of DIET and EXERCISE.

I will say I did used to use the excuse "But I'll gain weight!' when people talked to me about quitting but I knew that wasn't the reason. My mom used to have the best answer, "You are going to be really skinny when you get CANCER."

HOWEVER. Vaping does not cause weight gain to the best of my understanding but OKAY have it your way.

You porky vaper you. LOL.

Anna

barkfunklerbunk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2014
Planet Earth
I was very slim while smoking for 15 years, and now I'm still slim but powerfully built after vaping for 6 years. But vaping has nothing to do with that. Might have something to do with eating mostly whole organic foods, having highly physical jobs, walking a lot, getting mostly good sleep, and abstaining from alcohol and drugs.. although this coincided with quitting cigs.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Smoking inhibits hunger...vaping doesn't.
This one I agree with....but if we can get our sugar tastes in vaping then we really don't need to eat it in rl. Altho, then some people regain their taste buds after years of smoking they may go a little overboard on rediscovering what things really taste like.

LOL

:)

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
New avatar, Anna, lookin' good, for a vaper (according to The Vapid Pro).

I lost a couple pounds when I started vaping.

I really apologize, but I have to say that is the dumbest thread title I have ever read.

With that said, I was thin as a smoker and vaping hasn't changed that.

LOL thanks to the miracle of DIET and EXERCISE.

I will say I did used to use the excuse "But I'll gain weight!' when people talked to me about quitting but I knew that wasn't the reason. My mom used to have the best answer, "You are going to be really skinny when you get CANCER."

HOWEVER. Vaping does not cause weight gain to the best of my understanding but OKAY have it your way.

You porky vaper you. LOL.

Anna

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Just updating my elderliness. The last avatar was a couple years old That's all grey hair, not blonde.:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

I also think it's a myth that you get uglier as you age. I disbelieve it. I also look at older people, really LOOK without my cultural filter on. It's fun.

Things change I guess. IDK how cougars do it. I look at most 21 year old boys and think, "Ewwwww that would be like committing incest at worst and some sort of horrible crime, at best."

Anna

Attachments

• thumbup[1].gif
    thumbup[1].gif
    870 bytes · Views: 16

Vape Muppet

Apr 12, 2019
UK
I'll have you know that this muppet is a very slim vaper. I have lovely long green legs and webbed feet which I like to dip in my pond while vaping one of my many RTA's and watching the sun go down. I also like to sleep in early mornings and can't function until I've had my first coffee. So if you're in the area and you like lithe frogs give me a call. :D

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia
but if we can get our sugar tastes in vaping then we really don't need to eat it in rl

vaping flavours just makes me crave cigs/vaping

food and nicotine shouldn't mix for me, one follows the other. Not together

but, that's just me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread