Why are there so many Nemesis Style Mechanical Mods at FastTech.com?

Status
Not open for further replies.

canonikon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2012
ny
My Innokin iTaste VV V3.0 just died on me yesterday and I've been reading in this forum that many people went for the Nemesis (I never heard of it, but love new toys!) I'm seeing so many different listings that looks identical to one another and I don't know which one to buy.

This one is the top one listed under Most Popular with 1466 reviews.

This one is the second top listed under Most Popular with 236 reviews.

This one is brass, is it better?

This one is almost half the cost of the first one.

And then there are so many others that looks exactly the same but different prices.

I mean...yeah can't go wrong with the most popular one since it have 1400+ reviews and knowing 90% of the people who buys stuff online don't leave reviews and if they do and this have 1400+ reviews then this must be one hell of a ... kicking battery mod but I just want to know if I can save a few bucks by buying the $16 one if it's the same exact one why should I pay more for it.

But I have never owned one before, is it hard to maintain? My iTaste was just charge battery, add atomizer, vape.

I had a Reo Grand before but it was too much work with cleaning and rebuilding the atomizer. (Yeah I'm lazy lol)

Other than this mod, what do I need to buy? I know I need a battery...for it.

Last edited:

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
My Innokin iTaste VV V3.0 just died on me yesterday and I've been reading in this forum that many people went for the Nemesis (I never heard of it, but love new toys!) I'm seeing so many different listings that looks identical to one another and I don't know which one to buy.

This one is the top one listed under Most Popular with 1466 reviews.

This one is the second top listed under Most Popular with 236 reviews.

This one is brass, is it better?

This one is almost half the cost of the first one.

And then there are so many others that looks exactly the same but different prices.

I mean...yeah can't go wrong with the most popular one since it have 1400+ reviews and knowing 90% of the people who buys stuff online don't leave reviews and if they do and this have 1400+ reviews then this must be one hell of a ... kicking battery mod but I just want to know if I can save a few bucks by buying the $16 one if it's the same exact one why should I pay more for it.

But I have never owned one before, is it hard to maintain? My iTaste was just charge battery, add atomizer, vape.

I had a Reo Grand before but it was too much work with cleaning and rebuilding the atomizer. (Yeah I'm lazy lol)

Other than this mod, what do I need to buy? I know I need a battery...for it.

It's real simple.
You either spend money on a hassle free vape, you spend your own time maintaining your equipment.

The nemesis is a mechanical mod; it comes with no screen or controls; it just holds the battery, which you buy separately along with a charger.
A regulated mod has a screen and controls; again, you buy battery and charger separately.

The first link has a nemesis with 7 pieces
the second link has one with 9 pieces - I'd pick that one
The first 2 are steel; I'd stick with steel, not brass or aluminum; durability.
The last link includes smaller sized mods for smaller sized batteries: that's what 14500 means. The normal size is 18650.

Last edited:

Kevin littell

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Covington Ga
Wait, I cant leave without a couple of warnings...

First of all mech's are not fused or protected, if it shorts the battery is going to vent.

Buy good 30 amp batteries for that reason.

I disassemble and clean/inspect every time I change the battery....takes about 45 seconds.(easy peasy)

Lock ring is s saftey item...Dont stick this mech in you pants pocket unlocked.

I use mine with a kayfun, Innokin XI's and Aspire Nautilus's....Never a problem.

The voltmeter is to check batteries and topper resistances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread