The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Why Austin officials are looking to snuff out e-cigarettes

Discussion in 'Legislation News' started by ShannonA, Jun 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ShannonA

ShannonA Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 15, 2011
    Tyler, Tx
    Why Austin officials are looking to snuff out e-cigarettes

• Like Like x 1
  2. Izan

Izan Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    Steven Kelder is NOT a credible source.
    Bunk science used by politicians to show they are NOT doing nothing.

Status Quo maintained.

Cheers
    I

3. ShannonA

ShannonA Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 15, 2011
    Tyler, Tx
    It's not my intention to suggest it is. My concern is the ban. Personally, as long as I can vape in my home and my car I'm fine but at this juncture, the more vaping is hidden the more the non-smoking/non-vaping public is grossly misinformed on vaping.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Izan

Izan Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    I get ya!
    I'm just surprised that the report that got his boss (The US Surgeon General) fired is his claim to fame.
    Dubious credentials imo

Good luck Texas!
    Cheers
    I

• Like Like x 1
  5. BoilerGuy

BoilerGuy Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 13, 2016
    We should not lose sight of the fact that the bans on vaping have nothing to do with protecting public health from the evils of tobacco. If the issue really was a health issue cigarettes would be illegal and banned long ago.
    The issue is money generated from tobacco taxes. The feds, states and cities are desperate to preserve the monies collected from the taxes. As smokers migrate from cigarettes to vaping the billions of $ collected decreases. This has created a panic with state governments as many states borrowed money and issued bonds that need to be repaid with the projected tobacco taxes. Many states are at risk of defaulting on bonds issued that are dependent upon smokers continuing to smoke.
    So what is the government solution? Why just define all vaping related equipment and e-juice as "tobacco". Problem solved.
    This is the primary force behind the propaganda that is generating the mindless ignorant positions against vaping as a less harmful alternate to smoking.
    Let's hope for the best but prepare for the worst...

• Like Like x 4
  6. supertrunker

supertrunker Living sarcasm Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 12, 2012
    Texas
    There is no shortage of people 'preparing for the worst' and some of us have been doing so for a long time.
    My wife and i both stopped smoking in 2012 and have vaped ever since. i have stockpiled enough nicotine for her to last her until 2057, by which time she will be an attractive old crone of about 96 and i stopped using nicotine altogether.

But it's not just about our personal ability to avoid such ill-thought out legislation; it's about how to give those that currently smoke the same chances to quit (or not) that we had. That is what is being removed and that's what is disgraceful.

T

• Like Like x 7
  7. NGAHaze

NGAHaze Infinity Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 13, 2010
    Georgia
    That and the totalitarianism that is at the root of all these types of bans.

• Like Like x 1
  8. r77r7r

r77r7r ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    "it's not just about our personal ability to avoid such ill-thought out legislation; it's about how to give those that currently smoke the same chances to quit (or not) that we had. That is what is being removed and that's what is disgraceful."

Here, Here!

• Like Like x 3
  9. David Wolf

David Wolf Moved On ECF Veteran

Dec 11, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Fight. Quit voting for your same liberal or corporate owned politicians who are the ones voting for anti-vaping laws.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.