Why can't atts and batts get along!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
I am pulling my hair out! My green batt decided that it liked the silver atty, The blue attty's and batts used to get along nicely..now they want to pair with the black and silver ones. I spent all evening trying to figure out who would work with who, that's how I found out I have 3 dead batts and 2 dead Atts!:-x
I bathe them, give them alcohol rubdowns and all but give them thier own rooms. I have spent less time on husbands!
Why does this happen? Is it my fault for introducing them? Is it too much time spent in the box together? I just found out the batteries are magnitized! Now they have to be separated ..thank goodness I normally stand used batts and Atts on end at night
Anyway..any tips for me? Any hints on how to make them behave? Any tiny little bullets for them?8-o
I meant to add that most of these batteries and atomizers are getting very elderly, some have hit the 6 week mark. All of them (save two who get along with everyone) were purchased from the same dealer. All the atty's have the same markings.
They are DSE 901's..thank you Waldo

Last edited:

dumwaldo

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2009
New York
I cant help but think it would be much easier to help you if the model of e-cig were available in your post.

I can't help but think this post would not be needed if this info was listed with your name.

I can't help but think it is completely useless to know you are in central florida.

I can't help but think this is why I suggested it... http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...rea/14987-place-add-model-number-profile.html

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
Hi waldo, thank you for pointing out I forgot to say which type of P.V. But is this problem just limited to 901's?
I cant help but think it would be much easier to help you if the model of e-cig were available in your post. DSE 901

I can't help but think this post would not be needed if this info was listed with your name. I am confused, why would knowing my style make the post uneeded?

I can't help but think it is completely useless to know you are in central florida.
Unless you are me, then it comes in handy. Or maybe I need help finding something in my area, then it weeds out those responding who are from Seattle or China.

I can't help but think this is why I suggested it... http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...r-profile.html

Read that thread ages ago and agreed with it, except for those with 40/11 P.V.'s and then it would just be silly. Maybe they could say all.

Last edited:

dumwaldo

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2009
New York
Look inside your atomizers. If the bridge of the atomizer comes to a point it is a 901 atomizer, if the bridge of the atomizer is rounded then it is a 4075 atomizer.

Now look at the batteries. At the threaded side if you look VERY CLOSELY at the end you should see something stamped into the part that connects to the atomizer. If it says SLB on that part then it is a 901 battery, if it says something else then it is a 4075 battery.

Once you identify the parts try making sure you keep the parts matched together properly and see if it makes a difference.

BTW
the part about the useless post was directed at my post. the part about your location was sarcasm and the part about the other thread was frustration.

DW

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
All of them, atty's and batteries are stamped SLB.
The only thing I can think of is that wear and tear make them incompatable. When I was checking for the markings I saw tons of tiny nicks and scratches on the threads of bot atty's and batt's.
This is frustrating!
I was thinking that listing your hardware in the sig line might be an easier soultion. I have seen many do it that way. Thanks Waldo for the kick start in my problem solving process. :)
I will also try to figure out a nice 901 add to my sig. line.

Last edited:

webtaxman

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2009
Look inside your atomizers. If the bridge of the atomizer comes to a point it is a 901 atomizer, if the bridge of the atomizer is rounded then it is a 4075 atomizer.

Now look at the batteries. At the threaded side if you look VERY CLOSELY at the end you should see something stamped into the part that connects to the atomizer. If it says SLB on that part then it is a 901 battery, if it says something else then it is a 4075 battery.

Once you identify the parts try making sure you keep the parts matched together properly and see if it makes a difference.

BTW
the part about the useless post was directed at my post. the part about your location was sarcasm and the part about the other thread was frustration.

DW

So, does anyone know what "SLB BC" means stamped on e-cig components? I believe SLB is Saleable? No idea about "BC." I'm trying to determine how components with these markings differ from others, actually-other manufacturers.

I will see this engraving on my

1 RN4081
4 901s
4 801s

TIA

WTM

Darlene7

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2009
Fresno, CA
Just saw a post from MaryKay and she mentioned that batteries are magnatized - does that go for all batteries. I have a DSE 801 Penstyle and a True 510 - I keep all my 801 batteries together and all my 510 batteries together, am I causing a problem by doing this? Never heard abut the magnatized part before.
Thanks for any info
Darlene

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
webtaxman, all of my Batteries and Atomizers have SLB BC plus some numbers. The numbers are different, I think they are manufacturer's batch numbers.
I don't know if that helps you.
Darlene, They seem to be magnetic..but it shows most right after they are charged, they attact or repel each other in thier box. I separate them now. No clue if it keeps them from discharging.

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
DM waldo, are you an e-cig tech? I just can't help but think this.

I use an 801, and my batts are giving me fits, also. I really think they do not give off enough power to effectively run the atty after a time. That in turn fouls the attys, and the battys go dead. Then you buy new batts, the attys go dead. I've tried everything, but I cannot up with any other explanation..
There. That is about as technical as I can get. My salvation will come when my JANTY STICK comes, as I plan to throw all my batts away and just use my atts.
Ha!

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
Hey Kate, I thought my solution would be to get a passthru..nope it overheats my atty's. I am scared to use the blasted thing. I even made sure I bought it from my favorite parts people. That way all the parts and passthru come from the same place.
I don't mind that the parts die after a month or so, I knew that going in. I just mind not understanding any of the rules of the game.

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
Hey Kate, I thought my solution would be to get a passthru..nope it overheats my atty's. I am scared to use the blasted thing. I even made sure I bought it from my favorite parts people. That way all the parts and passthru come from the same place.
I don't mind that the parts die after a month or so, I knew that going in. I just mind not understanding any of the rules of the game.

I know, I've seen that posted too, and why I never got one...but there are other posts that say they are using the same atty for months...which I think still goes back to the batteries, they start to lose power, mess up the atty, and on and on till one or the other goes out.
The passthrough may be a more stable and even power source, on a new atty I wonder if it would prolong the life of the atty, I suppose the juice would figure into that.....course, we can't carry a usb power source all over the place, the wiring would be a nightmare. I really still think the ebb and flow of the batt fouls things up. In the two months or so I've had the 801 I've disposed of 4 or 5 batteries and 3 attys, that's a big cost factor.

Glock

ECF Veteran
May 11, 2009
Most likely the center post on your battery is pushed in to far fore some of your atty's.

Pull slightly out the center post (you can do this by carefully wiggling it out with a paper clip) Use a paper clip in the center hole (BUT BARELY PUT THE TIP IN OR YOU CAN DAMAGE THE INTERNALS). You will see that the center post will wiggle (but not too much or you can break the connection inside the battery).

The only problem is that eventually I have to do it again every once in a while on these problem-ed battery / atomizer combos.

Oh also do not screw it too far into you battery charger or you can push the center post in to far and cause this problem. I have found it is usually not a problem if you keep them mated to the same atty. They seem to like monogamy ;o)

I just think some attys (even within the same manufacturer) may have a slightly longer center post (+terminal) setting (pushing in) the positive terminal on the battery deeper. This makes it too deep for those less well endowed atty's to work with those batteries IMO...

Best solution I can come up with so far is to not swap around batteries too much if you can help it. Try to keep them with the atty they were first mated to.

Try to pull out the center post a bit (I have not been that agressive when trying to pull these out and they just seem to go back in or maybe just get pushed back in eventually), but if you pull them out and get them to work with an atty, they will probably be fine if you keep them with that atty.

Last edited:

Glock

ECF Veteran
May 11, 2009
I was speaking of the 901.

On the threaded side of the battery there is the piece in the center with the hole and the "SLB..." stamping. That piece is actually the positive terminal and is held in with an o-ring (it all looks like one brass piece but it is not), It can be pulled out slightly to make contact with the positive terminal on the atty. The female threads are the negative and the center piece with the hole is the positive held in place by friction with an o-ring

Last edited:

dumwaldo

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2009
New York
This is the connection of a 901 battery looking at it from the inside. You can see the plastic O ring that separates the center piece from the outside threaded piece.

05262009213.jpg

In short, it seems to be very plausible what Glock is saying.

Kate51,

I am not by any measure an e-cig tech but I am a very curious individual and have started experimenting with modding so disassembled parts on my desk is becoming common.

DW

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
A picture from "The other side" helps. I can't believe I missed the whole post thing! Oh well, I have had great luck so far with both batteries and Atomizers. Afew biting the dust after a long life (6 weeks of heavy use) is not a tragedy. It was just frustrating not knowing why they don't get along..now I know!
Thanks to all of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread