The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Why cant I flush mount Sigelei#8? Pictures included.

Discussion in 'APV and Mods Discussion' started by Vap3ster, Nov 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Vap3ster

Vap3ster Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 22, 2013
    Miami
    Got my #8 today first thing I noticed is I cant flush mount my tank. Second thing is it does not have the bottom spring people say to remove for decreased voltage loss.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg GetAttachment.jpg
    Something does not seam right my top cap does not even look like the top caps on other #8's. Can someone help this mech noob out?

2. xtwosm0kesx

xtwosm0kesx Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Your top-cap does appear to be slightly different than other 8's. Is the whole interior of the cap delrin (white plastic)?.

Does it seem like the contact pin is press fit into the delrin or can you thread it out by grabbed it with something and gently turning it?

3. 7sixtwo

7sixtwo Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 5, 2013
    the hinterlands
    What you've got there is a Sigelei 8D. I've got one as well. From what I understand, the D incorporates some features to alleviate some of the problems people had with the earlier versions of the #8, (e.g. the problematic bottom spring has been eliminated).

4. Vap3ster

Mar 22, 2013
    Miami
    I got a set of pliers and tried to twist it down a bit and was unable to get it to even twist in place. I also tried to press it down a bit with the tip of the pliers and no movement at all whatsoever.

So what tip or tricks are there for this particular model is it just as effective as the previous version regarding voltage loss after the spring is removed or not ?

Thanks

5. Vap3ster

Mar 22, 2013
    Miami
    Upon further research I stumbled into the fact the smoktech natural is almost identical except for the fact that the natural is 54 and the #8 was $17. That was the best deal I have gotten since I started vaping. I guess I can finally justify my first $60 ego kit

6. muzichead

muzichead Resident Knucklehead Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 7, 2011
    Illinois
    I can't speak for the #8D, but I do have a SmokTech Natural. Very solid device. Had to do some modding to it though out of the box. All contact areas, (IE pins), had to be sanded down and the 510 connection on the top cap had to ground down with a dremel. Now everything sits flush...
    20131103_083443.jpg 20131103_083542.jpg

7. Vap3ster

Mar 22, 2013
    Miami
    I am basically 1/8 of a turn away from a flush mount. Taking the dremel to the top cap would solve that. I had not thought of that. I have 3 other VV PV this was my first mech and I was wondering about it. I am totally satisfied with it now that I have been using it. I basically posted this originally minutes after I got it. Now I have knowledge lol. Thank you

8. Krizzell

Krizzell Super Member ECF Veteran

Aug 20, 2013
    Las Vegas
    Did you get it from FT? The top cap does not have an adjustable screw pin that's why looking at the picture.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.