Why can't someone make a working auto feed tank for atomizers???

Would you like to see a manufacturer make a working atomizer tank or an auto feed atomizer?

• Would you buy a working atomizer tank? - Yes

• Would you buy a working atomizer tank? - No

• Would you buy a working auto feed atomizer? - Yes

• Would you buy a working auto feed atomizer? - No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BK_Malik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hey Everybody,

I'm not a fan of rebuildables in any form, I can taste the metal/cotton/silica from a coil no matter whether it's nichrome 80 or kanthal and I don't like it... I like wickless atty's but I really hate dripping which is why I've been using carto tanks for years. My question is why can't someone make a working auto feed tank for atomizers??? Or make an atomizer that will auto feed like a cartomizer???

With all of thee-cigengineering geniuses and manufacturers out there isn't it time that someone realized how much a product like this would be appreciated? I know about the AMP tank and the GG UFS which are both fails in my opinion because of the amount of fiddling involved in getting them to feed properly. It doesn't seem that this should be so much of an issue. I've seen a Youtube video where JCWest modified an HH357 to feed by punching wick holes and stuffing them with SS mesh. If he can do this at home why can't a manufacturer engineer it properly and mass produce it? Seems like a no brainer to me. There are tons of vapers that would buy it or an atomizer tank that would just work without constant adjustment and/or leaking issues.

I just don't understand why this is so hard...

ValHeli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2013
Baghdad
If you don't mind wicking with cotton or silica, there's a hybrid tank bottom feeder / dripper combo that's about to be released by Budzworx philippines. It's going to be sold as a complete system w/ the atomizer (w/ afc), pyrex glass tank, and tube mod powered by either an 18500 or 18490.

I'm a dripper / Reo user myself and have only tried Budz' new mod that he brought last night. It was only an 18350 version but I was quite surprised with the flavor and vapor production. I'll post some pics when I get mine and hopefully a vid review.:toast:

edit: Here's the atomizer I was referring to :

gamma25_1_1024x1024.jpg

Last edited:

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hey Everybody,

I'm not a fan of rebuildables in any form, I can taste the metal/cotton/silica from a coil no matter whether it's nichrome 80 or kanthal and I don't like it... I like wickless atty's but I really hate dripping which is why I've been using carto tanks for years. My question is why can't someone make a working auto feed tank for atomizers??? Or make an atomizer that will auto feed like a cartomizer???

With all of thee-cigengineering geniuses and manufacturers out there isn't it time that someone realized how much a product like this would be appreciated? I know about the AMP Tank and the GG UFS which are both fails in my opinion because of the amount of fiddling involved in getting them to feed properly. It doesn't seem that this should be so much of an issue. I've seen a Youtube video where JCWest modified an HH357 to feed by punching wick holes and stuffing them with SS mesh. If he can do this at home why can't a manufacturer engineer it properly and mass produce it? Seems like a no brainer to me. There are tons of vapers that would buy it or an atomizer tank that would just work without constant adjustment and/or leaking issues.

I just don't understand why this is so hard...

The only "wickless atty's" I've encountered are the Apex AVA's. What "wickless atty's" have you found? Links please.

Thanks and good luck
I

BK_Malik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
If you don't mind wicking with cotton or silica, there's a hybrid tank bottom feeder / dripper combo that's about to be released by Budzworx philippines. It's going to be sold as a complete system w/ the atomizer (w/ afc), pyrex glass tank, and tube mod powered by either an 18500 or 18490.

I'm a dripper / Reo user myself and have only tried Budz' new mod that he brought last night. It was only an 18350 version but I was quite surprised with the flavor and vapor production. I'll post some pics when I get mine and hopefully a vid review.:toast:

edit: Here's the atomizer I was referring to :

gamma25_1_1024x1024.jpg

I'm really interested to see how that works. Please post a video link here if you can. Thanx!

ValHeli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2013
Baghdad
I sure will!:toast: Sorry if I've misunderstood, but did you want a setup that doesn't involve coils and wicking? The atomizer I showed works like a regular RBA w/ the advantage of bottom-feeding from the tank. You'd still have to coil and wick though.:vapor:

I'm really interested to see how that works. Please post a video link here if you can. Thanx!

BK_Malik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I sure will!:toast: Sorry if I've misunderstood, but did you want a setup that doesn't involve coils and wicking? The atomizer I showed works like a regular RBA w/ the advantage of bottom-feeding from the tank. You'd still have to coil and wick though.:vapor:

Yeah, I got excited to fast lol. What I'm hoping for is something that works like an AMP tank or a GG UFS should (without constant fiddling and/or leaking), or an atomizer that will auto feed in a tank (carto tank style).

ValHeli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2013
Baghdad
I'd have to look at that to fully understand its potential and see if Budzworx can make it happen:toast:

Pls. pm me if you have any ideas.

Yeah, I got excited to fast lol. What I'm hoping for is something that works like an AMP tank or a GG UFS should (without constant fiddling and/or leaking), or an atomizer that will auto feed in a tank (carto tank style).

Last edited:

BK_Malik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I'm sorry, I misunderstood.
You mean "bridge-free", not wick-less.
Every device linked HAS a wick. (silica in general)

Good luck
I

Sorry, I shouldn't have said wickless...

The small amount of wicking in a bridgeless is really not important to me. What I would like is for the atomizer to be able to sit in a tank and auto feed through the sides into the wicking like a punched catromizer. This would eliminate the need for feeding through the air holes (and constant adjustments) like an AMP Tank or a UFS.

Last edited:

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
Quote from: 510 Bridgeless Dripping Atomizers - Green Puff Electronic Cigarette Philippines

"Probably the best direct dripping atomizer on the market today. These atomizers do not have a wick nor a bridge which in turn brings out more flavor and vapor when vaping. Inside is a coil which will be in more direct contact with your favorite Green Puff E-juices and can hold more liquid as well."

Not disputing just quoting...

Interesting marketing copy, just leaves me wondering how they keep the liquid in contact with the coil. It would seem a 100% wickless atty would have an issue keeping the coil fed.

Not disputing just puzzled....:)

A credible auto-feed "dripper" would be a huge step forward.

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
...What I would like is for the atomizer to be able to sit in a tank and auto feed through the sides into the wicking like a punched catromizer. This would eliminate the need for feeding through the air holes (and constant adjustments) like an AMP Tank or a UFS.

Been following out of curiosity and I don't understand what your after. Rather, how is what your looking for different from a carto?

BK_Malik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I was reluctant to jump on-board with those who use carto-tanks. Now, good luck convincing me I can get the quality/quantity of vapor with the ease of a carto-tank any where else but with a carto-tank. ;)

I know what you mean, I've been using them for 5 years now but I do know that if there was an atomizer that auto-fed in a tank or a fiddle-free working atomizer tank I would be using it.

BK_Malik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Been following out of curiosity and I don't understand what your after. Rather, how is what your looking for different from a carto?

A cartomizer is completely different from any atomizer and especially from a bridgeless atomizer. There is no comparison in flavor. The problem is that they can only be used in two tanks that I know of and neither of them are close to being flawless. See here:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/atomizers-cartridges/288819-what-bridgeless-atomizer-better.html

UncleChuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Portland
I've had some limited luck in the past slotting attys and using them just like cartos in a carto-tank.

It seems there is some variance in the "wick" material used inside attys, and some worked better than others. By wick I don't mean the wick inside the coil, but the nickle-foam stuff (same material as the bridge) that runs around the ceramic cup of the atty. It was difficult accounting for the variance in that material, and if I put too big a slot in there it would flood like crazy. The sweet spot between flooding and dry hits was tiny compared to cartos, which is why I gave it up. Plus it was 5 bucks a pop instead of 1-2 for cartos.

If you really really like disposable attys it might be worth it fiddling around until you get it right. The slot goes where the cup is, not above in the chamber section. I tried using a punch and cracked the ceramic, so slowly running a triangular file over the tube until it just breaks through seemed to work best.

Have you ever tried a properly setup kayfun style atty? I know you say you can taste the wire and wick with rebuildables, but that sounds like some sort of setup issue. Seems a bit magical that the same wire and same wick material would cause some awful flavor in all rebuildables, but not be present in a disposable atty.

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
That' perty clever Waterhouse. Turning a 510 into a bottom coil head basically.
Funny the description at Discount Vapers,

"Ok, your guess is as good as mine on this one, I am not really sure how to use this, apparently you use it with a 510 atomizer
I cannot stress enough that I do not know how to use this"

Found this vid, Russian I think but perty clear on how to set it up. Might be a way to use up the mountain of 510's I still have!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread