Why did you get into vaping? How did you find out about vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axident

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
I recently just ordered my first PV and I am currently awaiting it's arrival in the mail eagerly. I was just curious what drew people to vaping?

Personally I am using it as an alternative to smoking with the intention of dropping to a 0 nic vapor. I truly do enjoy the act of smoking more than I enjoy the nicotine. I definitely do not enjoy subjecting my wife (who's allergic) and two boys 4yr/1yr to the residual smoke on my skin/clothing after going outside for a smoke. I have tried a pipe and didn't mind the variety of flavors available but it is still tobacco and leaves the residual smoke (although it generally smells a bit better). I first stumbled across the concept of E-Cigs via a banner ad on a website and briefly looked into it. The upfront cost was what through me for a loop though (I believe it was the Blu E-Cig). Never gave it much thought since then, however recently I have been trying to kick the habit with no success, primarily due to the fact that I enjoy the act of smoking. I decided to look again and this time I saw Green Smoke and a myriad of others, I started looking into the various types and finally found one that would work for me. It was a low starting cost ($29 included a Starburst,650Mah eGo, and Usb Charger) and they ship to Canada (they might even be Canadian based). So that's my story, hoping to hear some of yours!

Axident

jnnfrlsw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2009
East Central Ind
I had never heard a word about ecigs till one day in 2009. I heard a radio ad for Blue cigs. Went home and googled ecigs and ecf was the first link that was listed-Thank Goodness!!! Spent several hours on ecf learning, and ordered a disposable from Volcano cigs. I knew with that first hit that I would be able to walk away from cigs with vaping. Started with a 510 kit and never looked back. I was able to make the switch the day my 510 arrived.

Strigoi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2010
Martinez, CA
I started vaping so I could quit smoking (tried many times and always failed). A friend of mine had a Blu at a party, I tried it and thought it could work so I bought a Volcano Magma. I haven't had a cigarette, aside from a puff or two off a friend's, in almost 2 years now. The Magma (run of the mill 510 cig style) didn't cut it and I didn't fully quit smoking until I got a Chuck and started buying liquid from better vendors.

CaptainDucky

Jun 19, 2012
Texas
I quit because I was tired of not being able to enjoy my wife's beautiful kisses. She would cringe anytime I would try to get a smooch. Then I tried all the patches, lozenges, gums etc...Basically all they did was make me want to smoke more. I just happened to be in a grocery store one day and saw the "blu" in the cabinet next to the analogs and thought, "hmm, I am going to go home and research this and see what it is about". Well, after many hours searching and learning I ended up going to a head shop and they had a cleancig trial and with their carts premade it made that easy. I actually love that flavor and have no idea where to get it, but that is how it all started and have not had an analog in over 4 months. Now I am trying my hand at the DIY and have gotten a V2 that if I am correct is an 808. I have received in the last few days a maxi roughstack that I am dying to try with the right combination of juice. So there it is...

hurricanegirl100

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2012
The burbies of Cleveland
After kissing off a huge chunk of money on a Blu starter kit and a pile of cartos online, I started doing research and wound up here! (Thank God lol...I liked Blu, but 'saving money' on my cigarette habit was a pretty major motivator for me and you can't do that with Blu) Eight months and oh, still a crapload of money later, I've found my happy vaping place with an eGo Twist and a Boge Leo. (Now that I know WTH I'm doing, my vape habit IS a lot cheaper than smoking!)

31 years smoking. Done. Haven't had a real cigarette in over eight months now, and the great part? I don't even miss the damn things!

Zooker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2012
Washington State
I got into vaping after marveling at how a gal at work quit smoking practically overnight using a pen-style 510 kit she picked up at a local smokeshop. I would ask her every few days if she was still not smoking, and the answer was always yes, she even offered for me to try hers, but I never would. It was always in the back of my mind though. Finally one day I was ready and asked for all the info where she got it, how much, etc. and I went there directly after work and bought myself the same kit. I quit smoking cigarettes right then and there, and haven't looked back.

Within a couple days of that I was scouring the net to read up on my new ecig, and I found ecf and was astounded at what the world of vaping had to offer. I have purchased many many ecig related accessories and PV's since then, and I am in vaping bliss today.

I enjoyed the hell out of smoking cigs, but I love vaping even more.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Last year ran into a friend that lives close to our cottage and he excitedly showed me his PV. This is someone who was on his deathbed and getting closer to the brink every day. I couldn't believe how healthy he looked- color in his face, bounce to his step...When I got back to the city I began extensively researching Ecigs. After 200+ hrs of solid research I made my first purchase and have never looked back. And that friend that introduced me to vaping- bought them each a Kgo Kit as thanks and have promised them free juice as long as they wish. Priceless was what they gave me and now just trying to repay them back.

recidivus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2012
Canada
www.youtube.com
I am in the process of switching over from analogue, waiting on my first kit to arrive and a 5th post. The whole reason for it is cost, and health. 20 year smoker with a few short breaks here and there, back to around a pack a day, I'm feeling it. Every time I finish one I feel like complete ....; even with a patch or gum I still end up having habit smokes (5-7). They're costing upwards of 11.50 in my area, 11.00 if I buy 2 packs. Every long time smoker has done the math and worked out the yearly costs. I've gone from "I'll stop when they're 9" all the way up to 11, and still haven't stopped. I've read of ECigs a while back and saw the issues with import/sale here, and figured that it wasn't an option. After trying cold turkey and the patch again, I recently saw a disposable nic-free in the corner store and figured I'd at least see if it COULD be something to help with the habit. It didn't taste great, cost 9$ (would last 1-1.5 days, again with the cost), but it got me looking into them again. I was going in with the idea of using patch and ecig combo, but I'd rather be using only fluid because, again, patches aint cheap. My eventual goal is to start on a mid strength and work my way down to 0 nic over the next few months, while still being able to keep my vice.

Health, cost, and the other replacements haven't worked.

DreamingButterfly81

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2012
Muncie, Indiana
Saw a commercial on tv. Then my daughter telling me every time I lit up to get an "eeeeelectronic cigarette" lol. Then a friend on Facebook started posting about his, and how it worked for him.... Then I got good and duped falling into the mallcig scam, then I found ecf lol. Smoke free for four and a half months. I love it! :)

A close friend of mine died of heart disease and lung cancer. He died a lot sooner than he should have because he couldn't quit smoking. For several months after his death, quitting was all I could think about as I puffed away. Then I saw a cart in the mall and paid them an entire months worth of cigarette money to get started. In a very short time, the batteries died. I gave up on it out of frustration and stress. Then a friend of ours got into it and did lots of trial and error for us. Once they finally settled on the Lava, we decided to give it a try. My husbands goal was to quit completely. He did great for two weeks but was having a lot of trouble with sore muscles. He did some research and discovered it was nicotine withdrawl. So he has decided to go back to having a few a day and slowly cut back. I did not have the "I'm going to quit" mindset but am down to just a few a day. I am enjoying experimenting with flavors and are going to have a "vape party" with our friends so we can try each others flavors. We even got our son to switch!

kmoff77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2012
HBG, PA
I have Biometrics testing at work and need to be smoke free for them. I figured this would be a good way to get me off the cigs for a bit so I could pass a continine test. I don't plan on going back to analogs at all. I will use zero nic juice for 2 weeks before my testing. And then possibly just be a casual vapor-er.

I stumbled onto this site by accident, and so happy that I did!!

Axident

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
I quit because I was tired of not being able to enjoy my wife's beautiful kisses. She would cringe anytime I would try to get a smooch. Then I tried all the patches, lozenges, gums etc...Basically all they did was make me want to smoke more. I just happened to be in a grocery store one day and saw the "blu" in the cabinet next to the analogs and thought, "hmm, I am going to go home and research this and see what it is about". Well, after many hours searching and learning I ended up going to a head shop and they had a cleancig trial and with their carts premade it made that easy. I actually love that flavor and have no idea where to get it, but that is how it all started and have not had an analog in over 4 months. Now I am trying my hand at the DIY and have gotten a V2 that if I am correct is an 808. I have received in the last few days a maxi roughstack that I am dying to try with the right combination of juice. So there it is...

I am in a similar situation with the wife, how has she responded to your switch? Has she noticed an improvement in the smell / breath / etc. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread