Status
Not open for further replies.

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
If you vape a lot you could have muted them. Common. Smoking will rob you of taste so depending on how long you have been quit that can be a factor. High nic levels will mute flavor IME. I have ramped up my flavor by DIYing and I just us higher flavor than some. You can order you juice with higher flavor levels from some vendors too.

Abe_Katz

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2013
FL, USA
It seems all the flavors I like seem muted. I have tried dripping, glass tanks, carto, pretty much you name it. I think the problem is me. What can I do to correct this. I was going to try my red hott mix or peppermint. Do I need more fluids? Any advice.:ohmy:

Probably not so much advice, I'm still pretty new to vaping. There are several things that may cause this effect. Depending on how long you smoked as you get your sense of taste back your brain may not know how to interpret the flavors.

PG has been reported to coat the tongue, I've found that when I'm sampling various juices and writing down my impressions of them (my likes and dislikes) for my "Juice Journal" it helps to drink or eat a pallet cleanser. I find a piece of crunchy apple or lemon water works well for me.

Finally and I don't know this for certain, it is possible that nicotine may numb the taste buds a bit (I happen to like to hold the vapor in my mouth for a few seconds before exhaling). I find that if I happen to vape a particular juice a lot (and I generally stick with 24s and 18s) that the tastes become muted the longer I vape them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread