Not open for further replies.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
New standards.

Plus most, if not all, new vehicles have USB ports for all da 'tronics that causes accidents...
BigGrin-1.gif

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
My pila didn't come with a usb.

Adjustable Battery Charger for 14500, 18650 3.7v battery

plugs right in the wall not even a cord on it. Plug flips up off the bottom(back) side.

Also the Trustfire 001 Multifunction charger has a standard plug no usb.

helps to read the OP's post, why dont they make a 510 charger without USB lol

like the others said its actually easier to use existing wallwarts, must people have several

UncleChuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Portland
I'd imagine this also gets around having to make different wall chargers for different countries, the whole 120 vs 240 thing, and those silly little round plugs those Europeans use ;)

Plus, as others mentioned, there's almost always a USB port available somewhere, be it a computer, car, mobile charging device, etc.

And it's easier/cheaper to use the 5v USB as a source, instead of house voltage that needs to be stepped down quite a bit.

I don't really like USB chargers to be honest, I have a computer with a USB obviously, but that's it. So it kind of limits charging 2 batteries at a time. (Yes, I have an old motherboard with only 2 USB ports) I rarely use egos and 510s etc that use a USB charger, but when I do, I'd prefer a wall charger.

Last edited:

MrStik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2013
SoCal
As we speak, I have about 10 locations in the house where I have a USB slot available for charging anything. If I wanted to dig through my stash of USB charging blocks I have from each and every phone, tablet and other e-devices my wife and I have ever owned, I would have about 10 more. Hell, USB is even a standard that companies who love to use proprietary connections (Apple) is starting to use more of...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread