Why do I have a sore throat in the morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulbald2

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2012
La Salle,Illinois
I have been vaping for a little over a month ,month and a half,and after maybe the first week I started waking up with a sore throat.I have been using 24mg nic,70pg/30vg mixes.I know the 24mg nic is not helping with the craving's so I'm going to bump that up to 36mg.Maybe the pg is causing the sore throat?I don't know,this site has me all over the place so if someone can help or steer me to the right forum thread ,Thank's.

ninjuh

ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2012
Northwest Idaho
What setup are you vaping with? 24mg should be Ok if you're a heavy smoker, but that depends on what kind of voltage you're working with & how much you vape.

Always make it a habit to have a glass of good old fashion water next to your bed before you go to sleep, stay hydrated. Suck a cough drop before you go to sleep. They have Halls Refresh Splash or something & they're actually amazing, taste great and moisturizes the hell out of your mouth & they don't have any menthol.

Try a thicker juice, more VG, quality juice really makes a big difference compared to cheap juice.

~Vaping is a lifestyle~

paulbald2

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2012
La Salle,Illinois
I'm using a vivi tank on a twist,4 to 4.4 volts,2.4 ohm head.I smoked full flavor filtered cigars 1and a half pack's a day,before that full flavor cig's 1 and a half to 2 pack's a day.I alway's have had water beside my bed at night. It's something I have done for too many years to remember.The first few vapes in the morning are alway's harsh also.Should I try 50/50 juice then?

Last edited:

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
May want to go with less PG and more VG. I just got some 50-50 and before I had no problem. When I went up to 50-50 I started sneezing and had to mix it with a lower PG blend. That nicotine count is good for a heavy smoker I use to inhale cigars SO I KNOW HARSH. I am at between 24 and 30 Something. Also keep in mind that if you us to high a voltage on to low a resistance (ohms) you will burn the juice. That burns you too and harms the atty and the flavor. Here is a chart I got off of here:

View attachment 135795
I'm an former Electronic tech and wattage is the issue. You go low ohms and high volts you get a burn. You go high ohms and low voltage and you get a poor vapor.
I'm a nob but I love researching. Hope this helps.

iamtumus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
New Haven, Connecticut
drop the voltage a little in the morning.
also drink twice the water you normally would before vaping, both pg and vg are humectants and remove moisture.

also you may have a slight allergy to pg.
anything more than 70%pg and i get a super bad sore throat.
to the point where i can't swallow solid food.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread