Why do people blow out on their rda before they inhale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

happydave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2013
United States
for me, on a really low ohm (below .4 ohms roughly) build i blow out a bit right after i hit the button. i do this because the low ohm builds really deplete the battery in a hurry so it takes a second for the coils to get up to temp. so when i blow out im getting rid of that bit of vapor that does not have the best flavor and allowing my self to have my full lung capacity to get a big lung hit.

Last edited:

ADLinATL

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2014
Marietta, GA
I wondered the same thing. I believe what they are doing is priming the coil. It takes some pulsing to get the coil heated up to get that big hit. Also blowing on the coil prolly heats it up quicker like blowing on a fire. Also they are checking to make sure they got vapor, you will also see them hold the atty up to their ear as they listen to make sure it's firing.

I've tried to emulate this form occasionally like I know what I'm doing and blowing in to the atty usually ends up with juice out the air holes and a big mess lol.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I've been watching some cloud chasing videos and most people blow vapor out the airholes before they inhale and I want to know why?

I typically vape between 0.5 and 1.2 ohms. I've experienced a couple of high power dry hits . They are not in any way fun or good for you. When I'm vaping a high power setup I take a small test hit and exhale/blow it out to taste it before i take a full hit. That process may well look like I'm just blowing vapor out the air holes but that's not what's really happening.

Vape on :)

Reactions: lboyerbp
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread