why do people choose a mech over regulated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidsgothem

Mar 5, 2016
is there a reason why people choose a mechanical mod over a regulated? i honestly haven't dealt with my own mech i just use my friends from time to time...and i see no advantage outside of it being more aesthetic and maybe...you can beat an assailant to death with one and have it still working afterwards....lol...idk i feel these newer regulated or on average most regulated mods are overall better in most aspects.

what do you guys think?

Reactions: mauricem00

7sixtwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
the hinterlands
Obstinance. :D

Seriously though, simplicity has its appeal. There is no circuitry interfering with the little machine's function. If you know what you're doing, you can use mechs safely and keep them working forever, (much like a revolver, or an AK :eek:).

Mechs aren't really my cup of tea, but I do have a little tube with a 510 connection and a switch, just in case. ;)

Sidsgothem

Mar 5, 2016
Works every time, forever

Settings don't change in pocket

No time limit on puff

Elegance of simplicity

Fail proof

Vapemaggedon proof

Pure, smooth, unfettered DC power (some say tastes better)

Just because

Tapatyped

i actually had the issue on time limit o.0 i hit the 10 second limit on my reg mod and i was just inhaling still had a good 5 seconds in me left and just sucked in air my first time then realized there was a 10 second limit after holding the fire it shut off : /

but i heard you can really mess them up if you happen to overfill also they aren't pocket friendly from what i've heard aswell.

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
For my part I don't need a mod that I have to figure out settings for, and that will tell me how many puffs I had, what time it is, what the date is, or my suggested lottery numbers. I don't need a mod with electronics that will eventually fail. I like my build being my control, not some chip, and I like that button sending the power straight to the coil I wound on the wick I rolled. I can take the mech apart and clean every part in that switch and it works grandly every time. It's simple and straightforward with no built in limits coded by some chip maker. That's how I like it.

Sir Kadly

Tootle Wompin' Squonkaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2015
    Michiana
    not entirely sure what he even meant there? i googled it...came up with bullets lol..so bullet proof? lol..
    No, Vapemageddon was a reference to impending regulations that have the potential to destroy the vape industry. New equipment will be unavailable if that happens, and those regulated mods that you have bought will eventually die and need replaced. If you can't buy a replacement what will you do?
    If you have some mechs, it won't matter as much, because with minor maintenance mechs will last and still be usable for, well I hesitate to say forever, but for years certainly.

Sidsgothem

Mar 5, 2016
    No, Vapemageddon was a reference to impending regulations that have the potential to destroy the vape industry. New equipment will be unavailable if that happens, and those regulated mods that you have bought will eventually die and need replaced. If you can't buy a replacement what will you do?
    If you have some mechs, it won't matter as much, because with minor maintenance mechs will last and still be usable for, well I hesitate to say forever, but for years certainly.
    ahh i see that's a pretty good reason o.0

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread