Why do so many have trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

swanee

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2008
me fi
I read all kinds of post on people having a ton of trouble with their e cigs here's my experience. I have been using the same atomizer and batts for 49 days or more. I am a light vaper using probably 30ml in this time but my 901/4075 is still going strong.I'ts deff harder to pull off than brand a new atomizer but still gives me a cloud comparable to a traditional cig. Just figured I would share my hassle free experience thus far...
emot8.gif

swanee

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2008
me fi
For sure i just figured i wold throw out my very positive story. At times to a newbie i think the amount of problems posted could be very discouraging. I must add i was smoking a pack of reds a day and when i first received my e cig and quit analogs i was vaping heavy but have since slowed.

On another note i noticed that there used to be certain times i felt a intense need for a cig like when first getting up, after a meal and before sleep.Now i no longer have that i need feeling when it comes to cravings. Weirdest part is i never thought about or had any desire to quit until seeing the e cig on a gadget site.
emot99-1.gif

section817

Feb 21, 2009
Ft.worth,Tx
Well,my seeing my first e-cig i was excited about it,a chance to quit analogs and get rid of the tar and tobacco smoke out of my clothes and to finally stop my wife from b*tchin me out, "my hair smells like smoke " blah blah blah now she cant say anything lol. On the side of parts that break down just factor that amount towards how much u normally would spend on cigs in a week. I know im happy with the savings lol.

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
I sure didn't buy an e-cig with 'any' thoughts of quitting smoking.... the fact is I had completely given up on the idea of ever being able to do that, I was only hoping an e-cig would help me survive in places where smoking was banned.....so I found it amazing that on my very first day I was able to go without tobacco and be satisfied by vaping...........but unfortunately I do seem to need to vape quite a lot in order to be satisfied and the reliability of the e-cigarettes when you do that is a bit frustrating, but it sure is good to hear of someone having no trouble at all.

ill_dawg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2009
South Wales
I'm with OP here, I've been vaping since a little before christmas and I still have yet to throw out anything but spent carts, and that was after several refils. Even with those I probably could have washed out the lining and given them another go. I was also a pack a day smoker, and I live in a country where smokes are still cheaper than back home. I picked one up before the holidays to beat the UK smoking ban and save some cash with the (painful) conversion rate between Polish Zloty and Pounds. I found that I actually liked the e-cig better than analogues, and my GF appreciated the fresh air in our place, so I stuck with it. Might even quit someday, who knows. You do hear a lot of horror stories about these things, so it's nice to see the occasional thread about how problem-free they can be. There are probably many more happy vapers out there who have never chimed in with their experience because they never felt the need to seek out a support forum.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I am a heavy user (always with the cig on my mouth) and I have my atomizer 3 months. But look what is happening.

My other 2 atomizers were dead long time ago. But this one not only has last for long time but it also has a huge huge huge throat hit. This, points that atomizers could be much better but chinese will not do it, until next generation comes. Things must be given to the people slow.

smokum

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario -CANADA-
There are probably many more happy vapers out there who have never chimed in with their experience because they never felt the need to seek out a support forum.

BINGO !!!

Which although this forum is great for those looking into these devices as well as for help with issues they may have run into, it is without a doubt NOT the be all end all with decision making if you keep that in mind.

VapeOn,
Greg

Early on I had few problems with any of the devices and was quite happy with them.

However, as you purchase more and more of these products, the manufacturing defects are going to start popping up more and more. Chalk it up to the law of averages, I suppose.

I am still a very strong believer in this technology and I will not dispute the advantages and or deny the benefits I have experienced from dropping analogs in favor of these devices.

But I'm still dependent on the nicotine and when I can't get it, I get cranky. When someone says "Hey, this is new and improved and you'll get 8 hours of battery life and tons of smoke from this device and great flavor and throat hit, plus a 6 month warranty.", and all I get is a couple of hours, and I have to return parts every week then it gets a bit tiresome.

I'm glad that your experience so far has been positive. I hope that it continues for you because I wouldn't wish the frustration I've experienced of late on anyone.

I love the taste of the vapor. I love the idea of not smelling like an ashtray. My teeth are whiter. My lung function has improved. so far, 30%. I have more energy. I don't cough all the time. Perhaps it's because of these improvements that I so desperately want the technology to be up to par. I don't want to lose the ground that I have gained.

Hope this makes sense.

Vape on! :wub:

Edit: Oh...I was a 2 pack a day smoker for 36 years. I didn't take up the e-cig to quit. I took it up because I was tired of having to go outside in the heat and the cold to smoke. So imagine my amazement when I found that I preferred these to my old friend the analog that had been a part of my life for so long. (Just want to provide a little more perspective on my specific situation)

Last edited:
Bottom line is, find the model that works well for you. Figure out how long it takes for you to burn out an atomizer and batteries. If it takes a month, then once a month buy a new unit. I find that I'm closer to every 5 to 6 weeks. (Still comes out cheaper than buying cigarettes.) If it's longer than that, you're either a light vaper, or you've found the Holy Grail of e-cigs. Just keep in mind that no matter what type of vaper you are, they're disposable....no matter WHAT the advertising says.

[Oak)))______)~~~

Feb 20, 2009
yeah unfortunatly my first buying experience was crap... i bought the mini cig from smart fixx... right out of the box had problems.... my e cig gives off this weird wood burning smell... charged both batteries for 8 hours and only got maybe 5 drags off before the battery starting blinking..

was wondering if anyone bought thier e cig from TOTTALY WICKED dot com.. the banner on this site...????.. was thinking about picking the black super cig with blue l.e.d... anyone try it or have one???? or would recomend a good one...???

any help with this would be great.. please pm me or email me at oakwood76@live.com

thanks you so much e cig fans

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
yeah unfortunatly my first buying experience was crap... i bought the mini cig from smart fixx... right out of the box had problems.... my e cig gives off this weird wood burning smell... charged both batteries for 8 hours and only got maybe 5 drags off before the battery starting blinking..

was wondering if anyone bought thier e cig from TOTTALY WICKED dot com.. the banner on this site...????.. was thinking about picking the black super cig with blue l.e.d... anyone try it or have one???? or would recomend a good one...???

any help with this would be great.. please pm me or email me at oakwood76@live.com

thanks you so much e cig fans

I bought from TOTTALY WICKED a 901 cigarette. The throat kick and the smoke was good enough. Not so good of course like my penstyle from e-cigs uk. I suggest to anyone, to buy a penstyle or a mod instead of little batteries that some cigarettes carries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread