why do vapers get vape tongue and smokers don't?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flowerpots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
my desk
I'm using 18 mg. I was a pack a day or more smoker, right now i'm smoking dunhill lights in the blue pack, or normally i did yellow pack American spirits, they aren't supposed to have chemicals..maybe I need to try WTA vapes, or just have more will power.

It is a habit though, a comfort zone i fell back to in a way i guess...

It's like now i've been wanting a good strong tobacco flavor vape with high nicotine, maybe that's what i need instead of fruity stuff and mild stuff, maybe up it to 24 mg, idk

I have started taking an old bottle of zyban that i hadn't really tried before

If you continue to have a hard time, I would recommend WTA, but I would read on it in the threads here so that you are confident in using it. I use WTA and it is what made it all possible for me. Just do a WTA search and see what threads come up - there's a lot of information about it.

firephly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
CA
If you continue to have a hard time, I would recommend WTA, but I would read on it in the threads here so that you are confident in using it. I use WTA and it is what made it all possible for me. Just do a WTA search and see what threads come up - there's a lot of information about it.

I have been reading about WTA on the threads. I think it is worth trying. I read about the MAOI's in tobacco. That was very interesting.
I think that stress has made it worse lately. Also I have seasonal affective disorder and i get down this time of year.

I really loved some of the tea flavors and i think I'll love the alice in vapeland flavors once they've steeped, well I hope they get more strong then, because out of the box they were pretty mild, yet really nice and different and complex more than what i've had so far.

I did have a coconut from highbrow vapes that i loved and it was 100% VG with extra flavor added so this time i got 50/50 with extra flavor cuz they say that PG adds flavor but now it doesn't taste like anything! It tasted great with all VG and I loved the mouth feel of it, so velvety or something, I don't know if i even care about throat hit as much as flavor that knocks my socks off

I also think i should try a dripping atomizer like you said. The don't seem to have them in the stores here, I'll need to order one. Also a guy at work had a more advanced system than me, he had a..i don't know what it was, an apv, and it did give a stronger more satisfying vape. But I don't know which kind to buy, I didn't like the looks of his, I want one that is smaller.
so many choices...so much confusion

Last edited:

firephly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
CA
Personally, I prefer liquid with a tobacco base. The other flavors don't do it for me. Have you tried some of the Halo tobaccos? Strong flavor with a really good throat hit. It's not going to be like a cigarette but Torque56 is one of my go tos when I want something strong.

Hmmm..

Torque56 E-liquid is a premium e-liquid with unfiltered tobacco flavor and serious throat hit. Torque56 E-liquid is for those that want real tobacco flavor without a lot of complex nuances to cloud the taste. Knock your socks off with Torque56 E-liquid.

I like something without any caramel taste, this might be it.

so it is like a cig then? or a strong wake you up grab your attention flavor?

I've had a fairly easy time finding relaxing stuff to vape, but what i need now is intensity

Last edited:
how to overcome vapors tong: Go in to the bathroom, turn on the warm water, take out your tooth brush or get a new one just for your tong soft is better, put a little tooth paste on it, grab the tip of your tong with your index finger and thumb. (hold on firmly) now take your tooth brush and give your tong a good scribing go as far back as you can get all that gunk off of it dont for get the bottom and sides too, once you let go of your tong scrub the tip too, rinse well with warm water. now your all done go back to vaping.

yellowsnow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2013
New Mexico
These have also help me quite a bit.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Tongue-Cleaner/14255275

how to overcome vapors tong: Go in to the bathroom, turn on the warm water, take out your tooth brush or get a new one just for your tong soft is better, put a little tooth paste on it, grab the tip of your tong with your index finger and thumb. (hold on firmly) now take your tooth brush and give your tong a good scribing go as far back as you can get all that gunk off of it dont for get the bottom and sides too, once you let go of your tong scrub the tip too, rinse well with warm water. now your all done go back to vaping.

Criticalmass

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hmmm..

Torque56 E-liquid is a premium e-liquid with unfiltered tobacco flavor and serious throat hit. Torque56 E-liquid is for those that want real tobacco flavor without a lot of complex nuances to cloud the taste. Knock your socks off with Torque56 E-liquid.

I've had a fairly easy time finding relaxing stuff to vape, but what i need now is intensity

I suggest trying the tobacco flavors you are thinking about but I also recommend you get something else in a higher MG and see if either one helps you. Most people tend to believe that if you are still falling back on cigarettes then your MG is too low. 24 is on the high end so you might want to be a little cautious with it at first.

vjc0628

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Maryville TN
I had vapor Tongue like 4 times in my first 3 -4 months vaping and haven't since

Honestly I think its just something you need to accept in the beginning ( I know it sucks)

But it passes

As to the why I don't know

I don't know that I really spent any time concentrating on the flav I got from the cigg ( the occasional cigar I did)

With ecigg its all about the flav

But still there is something about it because when I had vapor tongue I could still taste food or drink fine

vjc0628

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Maryville TN
Hmmm..

when I first started vaping I found halo liquids really helped with cigg urge

the Tribeca is RY4 and is caramel heavy you might try that

Starlyte2

ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2012
Carcassonne, France
Firephly, if you think about it, as far as taste goes for cigarettes, first, our taste buds are pretty much out of order, and when we vape they get working again, so we appreciate taste and variations much more.

Second, smoke tastes of smoke, and the variations between the marks of cigarettes is slight, unless you go menthol. They all taste of tobacco smoke, with a few additives changed, but basically it's still SMOKE.
Vaping's more refined, you can taste the flavors that aren't burnt only evaporated, and are much more delicate and individual.

When I find the taste of my ADV isn't as good as it was I go onto mint or menthol vaping for a day or two. I don't know really if it wakes up the taste buds, cleans your pallet out (I do use it pretty strong, as with most flavors I make :D ) or just blows out any blockage! But after a day or 2 of that, the flavors I love get their original tastes back. It's great when you have a head cold too, by the way. Really unblocking every thing ;) to say the least...
And there are so many flavors to try now, or mix together, it's a whole realm of discovery for your newly awakened taste buds.

You could try Mom & Pop's Eliquid. They add extra if you want. FlavourArt As You Like It do as well, and some others. If you want to try adding WTA, ask them for triple flavor ;) I DIY my juices, and I made some M&P's very...umm...too strong, so I mix it with my WTA unflavored, and it works out to something delicious. I find M & P's are very strong, distinct tobacco flavors, very different from others I've tried, and I've tried so many concentrated flavors, I can't even count them. These are the first that stand out as different :D It was a nice surprise, I promise. Most flavors are more or less the same, with slight variations only, but Mom & Pops have done a super collection.

And if you find you have problems like sores or mouth ulcers, it could be from the PG. 100%VG exists, as some are really allergic to PG. I use VG out of preference, and sometimes add a little PG for a better TH, but 10 or 15% only, and rarely at that.

Have fun, and happy vaping :)

Last edited:

Starlyte2

ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2012
Carcassonne, France
I'm using 18 mg. I was a pack a day or more smoker, right now i'm smoking dunhill lights in the blue pack, or normally i did yellow pack American spirits, they aren't supposed to have chemicals..maybe I need to try WTA vapes, or just have more will power.

It is a habit though, a comfort zone i fell back to in a way i guess...

It's like now i've been wanting a good strong tobacco flavor vape with high nicotine, maybe that's what i need instead of fruity stuff and mild stuff, maybe up it to 24 mg, idk

I have started taking an old bottle of zyban that i hadn't really tried before

I'd been vaping for about a year, and started upping my nicotine from 12mg to 18, as it wasn't enough, and I found myself having cigarette cravings. So...
I bought a few 10ml bottles of WTA liquid.
I was using at least 10ml a day, between 12 and 18mg of nicotine.
With the WTA liquid, which I was sure at first was a psychological trip, in a week, without even trying, I'd dropped down to 3ml a day. I was flummoxed, I really was.
Now, 6 months later I use WTA and VG nicotine, at maybe 2 parts WTA 1 part nic to make it up to 10mg/ml, and add my flavors as desired, mostly tobacco. And I only use 2 or 3 ml a day. I've stopped chain vaping, too, which was a hassle as I used Evods for a while (1.6ml and you spend half your time filling them lol). I lit a cigarette the other day, took one drag and it had such a disgusting taste I put it out right away.
I buy 100% VG unflavored WTA, now at 36mg/ml from Wholecig, and it's great for mixing. They do flavors too, and now have NET WTA, which I bought to try. It's a delice as far as tobacco flavor goes. Like the smell you get from a new pack of tobacco or good cigarettes.

I was very surprised when I first tried WTA, but it's not a phsycho thing at all. It works, and very well at that.
If you're not getting all you need from ordinary nicotine, it's really worth trying, even a 10ml bottle, and I'm sure you'll notice the difference.
Any how, it worked great for me. :D

Please be careful with the Zyban, as it's had really bad secondary effects on some people, depression and suicide wise. I'd risk WTA rather than zyban. If you find with the zyban, you have mood changes, do stop it, as it's really risky. PS I just looked at the list of side effects and it's really quite alarming. It's worth googling it and taking a look :(

Good luck ;)

Last edited:

firephly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
CA
With the WTA liquid, which I was sure at first was a psychological trip, in a week, without even trying, I'd dropped down to 3ml a day. I was flummoxed, I really was.
Now, 6 months later I use WTA and VG nicotine, at maybe 2 parts WTA 1 part nic to make it up to 10mg/ml, and add my flavors as desired, mostly tobacco. And I only use 2 or 3 ml a day. I've stopped chain vaping, too, which was a hassle as I used Evods for a while (1.6ml and you spend half your time filling them lol). I lit a cigarette the other day, took one drag and it had such a disgusting taste I put it out right away.
I buy 100% VG unflavored WTA, now at 36mg/ml from Wholecig, and it's great for mixing. They do flavors too, and now have NET WTA, which I bought to try. It's a delice as far as tobacco flavor goes. Like the smell you get from a new pack of tobacco or good cigarettes.

I was very surprised when I first tried WTA, but it's not a phsycho thing at all. It works, and very well at that.
If you're not getting all you need from ordinary nicotine, it's really worth trying, even a 10ml bottle, and I'm sure you'll notice the difference.
Any how, it worked great for me. :D

Please be careful with the Zyban, as it's had really bad secondary effects on some people, depression and suicide wise. I'd risk WTA rather than zyban. If you find with the zyban, you have mood changes, do stop it, as it's really risky. PS I just looked at the list of side effects and it's really quite alarming. It's worth googling it and taking a look :(

Good luck ;)

Thanks everyone!

I'm gonna order some WTA right now!

I've read on here that some mix it with the stuff they already have and some people say that if you do that it dilutes the effect and renders it useless....?

The zyban, it's the same as wellbutrin, i have researched it a lot and it is supposed to have the fewest side effects, I figure i'll give it a shot because i also have seaonal affective disorder, winter really bums me out, it might help with that and quitting smoking at the same time.

Hey I just ordered a bottle at 25mg strength, that means it contains 25mg of nicotine right? Or why did you say you add nicotine to it?

Last edited:

New2vaps

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
USA
Wow this is an old thread. Vapors tongue affects everything in my opinion. Many people question why they never had vapors tongue while smoking. They did, they just didn't know they had it. I will give you an example. I still remember smoking my first menthol cigarette over 20 years ago. Back then I could taste the menthol and smell the menthol. After years of smoking I could no longer taste the menthol like I did when I first smoked it. As a matter of fact I couldn't taste or smell menthol at all after years of smoking. You get used to a brand of cigarettes not for the taste, but for the chemicals inside it. That's why people are having a problem when they vape, no chemicals so first thing they notice is vapers tongue.

As for food, you do get vapors tongue if you will with that too. For example, I love M&Ms, I was eating them every day. While they tasted great, I couldn't taste every aspect of the peanuts and chocolate. I gave them up for 2 months and when I ate them again wow did they taste great, actually I picked up a few tasty notes that I forgot existed.

In a nut shell, abuse anything and you will lose the taste for it.

SaturnineDenial

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I believe the mg is per ml. So that 24mg should be in one ml of the liquid. I don't really have any good advice for you, I used vaping to quit smoking- but that's only because vaping to me compared to smoking (when you first quit) is like sucking on a huge straw and barely getting anything out. Basically whenever I felt the need to smoke, I vaped and felt unsatisfied... but then after the physical addition was gone- I then easily quit vaping as well. It took me five days to quit. I'll probably go back to vaping when I'm done being pregnant though, because honestly I do need nicotine in my life.

My fiance used to be a heavy smoker, now he exclusively vapes 30mg to 36mg with high pg. He vapes pretty often, not necessarily chain vaping... but he gets nice throat hit and the nicotine he needs to stay calm. I'm not saying I recommend that high of a mg though... because honestly I wish he didn't vape high mg, but it's better than smoking.

Try the WTA or dripping, I've heard great things about both.

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
... right now i'm smoking dunhill lights in the blue pack, or normally i did yellow pack American Spirits ... they aren't supposed to have chemicals ...

And my guess is that American Spirit cigarettes don't have a bunch of added chemicals ... But the problem with cigarettes (to include American Spirit) is that many many chemicals are produced by the burning of the tobacco ... your right, they may not be added by the manufacturer, but there present as a bi-product of the burning tobacco.

Kind of like carbon monoxide (poison gas) ... Certainly not added by the manufacturer, but lots of it in cigarette smoke (or anything as a result of burning for that matter).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread