Why do we refer to all tanks as "DCT"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ninjuh

ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2012
Northwest Idaho
I've noticed a lot of people, including vendors, market all these carto tanks as "DCT". What's the difference between a dual coil tank and a single coil TANK? There's just a tube & 2 end caps. I think calling it a DCT just makes things confusing for newcomers. Most of us use single coil cartos in these "dual" coil tanks, so why do we call them DCTs?.. Just kinda venting + bored. That is all :p

flintlock62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2012
Arkansas Delta
I have a DCT and use single coil carto's. It hasn't ruined my tank yet! Or is that dual coil tank tank?:?:

I've noticed a lot of people, including vendors, market all these carto tanks as "DCT". What's the difference between a dual coil TANK and a single coil TANK? There's just a tube & 2 end caps. I think calling it a DCT just makes things confusing for newcomers. Most of us use single coil cartos in these "dual" coil tanks, so why do we call them DCTs?.. Just kinda venting + bored. That is all :p

ninjuh

ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2012
Northwest Idaho
Why do we call tissue paper Kleenex? Cotton tipped swabs Q-Tips. Seems the first real mass produced tanks were the dual coil ones. So here again it's an individual company's product becoming the name for the entirety of the products like it.

Yeah none of what you said gives any justification to everyone calling a SINGLE coil boge carto inside a tube a "dual coil tank". Someone asks, "what's your setup?" Reply, "DCT always." "Eh, I don't care for dual coil cartos much.." "no no no, this isnt a dual coil, I don't like those either, this is a Boge :)" "...Ok, so why did you call it a dual coil tank?" "hmm.. good question."

My point is, lets stop being lazy and call things what they actually are.

flintlock62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2012
Arkansas Delta
Oh yeah, well that's bad, I mean good! Gay used to mean happy, not sexual orientation. A coil was once a noisy disturbance or a confused noise. Once, an idiot was simply a layman as opposed to a clergyman. (I guess that makes most of us idiots).

Yeah none of what you said gives any justification to everyone calling a SINGLE coil boge carto inside a tube a "dual coil tank". Someone asks, "what's your setup?" Reply, "DCT always." "Eh, I don't care for dual coil cartos much.." "no no no, this isnt a dual coil, I don't like those either, this is a Boge :)" "...Ok, so why did you call it a dual coil tank?" "hmm.. good question."

My point is, lets stop being lazy and call things what they actually are.

TheVap3Junkie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2012
Bunker Hill, WV
It also makes it hard to find a tank sold with the single coil carto instead of the dual. I find the dual coils' vapor production weak and drain standard batteries too quickly.

I agree with the dual coil comment I hated them but smoktech tanks dont cost an arm and a leg so I cut my smoktech tanks down to the length of a standard LR boge.

flintlock62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2012
Arkansas Delta
Why not just buy a Phiniac tank? Yes, they cost more, but if you watch the PBusardo video review, he explains how good they are. If you want to vape cinnamon or citrus juices, you will need either a glass tank or a metal one to keep it from cracking. If you still want a DCT Tank, look at Smoktek. You can get one there for less than $10 without a carto. You still need to buy a drip tip for it, but they're cheap too. I have the Smoktek XL DCT Lockable tank, and I like it. I'm using single coil 2.0 Ω flanged cartomizers with it. I am about to get the Phiniac because I like citrus juices.

It also makes it hard to find a tank sold with the single coil carto instead of the dual. I find the dual coils' vapor production weak and drain standard batteries too quickly.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Can anyone recommend a good tank for 35mm cartos?

Inexpensive pyrex tanks from IBTanked or Valley View Vapes, beginning at less than $25. Glass is the best alternative to plastic tubes. Totally inert to imparting any "plastic" taste to the juice, and safe against cracking or melting from the cinnamon and citris flavors. How wide or slim do you need?

Both vendors sell tanks in either a standard size (35mm) and XL size (45mm). IBTanked offers diameters of 19mm (slim) and 25mm (wide). Valley View's tanks are 1" in diameter.

IBTanked-1.jpg
Slim pyrex tanks from IBTanked

clear&frosted-tank-1.jpg
Wide pyrex tanks from Valley View Vapes

Last edited:

TEKWRX

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I always call them carto tanks. Although I just got a CE2 style replacement carto for my tank and I like it much better. But a CE2 in a metal shell isn't a cartomizer technically, now I have no idea what to call it. Tank is too generic. I guess now I'm running a CE2 metal sleeved tank? :p

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread