The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Why Do You Like RBA Tanks More Than RBA Drippers? RBA Drippers vs RBA Tanks?

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by abstractcousin, Oct 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. abstractcousin

abstractcousin Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 27, 2013
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    hey guys!

so the first rebuildable i ever got was an AGA-T. i built a 1.0ohm coil on a mesh wick. i hated it. it leaked all over the place every time i leaned it over. yea i expected that, but it beccame a real hastle after the juice stained a few of my jeans. :oops: The main thing i actually liked about it was the awesome flavor.

after giving up, i went to carto tanks and then back to clearos like the protank for a while until i bought an igo-w. ever since then i have been vaping rba drippers at around 0.6ohms. i havent touched a carto-tank, a clearo, or a VV mod.

my favorite things about RBA drippers are the flavor, the vapor production and the ease. i love seeing how much your vaping by having to drip each time. its almost like each time you have to drip more juice is like a cigarette. idk if that makes sence but.. for example.. if im going to vape while everyone else is about to light a cigarette, ill put my 6 or 7 drips in the rba and vape it till it tastes burnt.. it usually takes about as long as 2 ciggaretes depending on how your vaping it.

I just feel like the aga -t got me off to a wrong start. i see so many people happy with their Ithaka's, their krakens, and thier kayfuns...

SO.. long short.. my question to the more experienced rba tank users out there,

what are the benefits of using an RBA tank over an RBA dripper?

why do you like RBA tanks better than drippers?

thank you

2. Ryedan

Ryedan ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 31, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    abstractcousin, I like them both. Have had a AGA-T since about March I think. A IGO-L dripper for a few months now. I don't like the, for me, hassle of actually dripping juice, so I modified the IGO to bottom feed on a Vmod.

They are different. Downside to the AGA is that I can't take it out because it leaks when it's laying down. SS wicks can also short at any time so if it's the only atty I have available I need to have a blunt syringe available to deal with that. Doesn't happen often anymore though. The pluses are that I know it really well, performs great, it's quite dependable, easy to dry burn, and it has a tank built in.

The IGO is great on the Vmod, but I would not use it on a non bottom-fed mod. Pluses are; I use cotton wicks in micro coils and that setup does not ever short. Performance is great and I'm sure I can still improve on that. The Vmod being a box mod is very easy to pocket and this setup does not leak. The only negative so far is that cotton doesn't last long, but it is easy to replace so I'm not even too sure I consider that a negative.

3. plastictree

plastictree Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 4, 2012
    Southern Maryland
    Drippers are cheap and easy to use. For a newbie, once you add a tank to your rba, it makes it multiple times harder to use for that new person. New guy likes to fiddle, find his build that he likes for his specific juice. Dumping that tank every time you find that this build isn't that great kind of sucks. Also, silica, cotton, ss mesh, cheese cloth, ss rope, ceramic, ekowool, sleeving, they all taste a little different. They all excel in a certain juice type. And since some rba's are easier with ss rope, or easier with cotton like drippers, or easier with flat wire ect., someone might praise that a kayfun with sleeved cotton is #1 while the next guy swears on an rsst with ss rope.

To answer your question, an rba tank usually has a little less performance for greater mobility. Dripping while driving is worse than texting and driving. That is a decision you have to make, that if its worth the less performance. Also, if you like mesh, then a genesis is a no brainer. But don't forget it in your pocket, once you sit down and that tank isn't vertical anymore all that juice is gone and leaked out.

Rebuild that protank, try out microcoils and organic cotton balls. Just watch some videos, look up rip trippers, and if you like that, then the chinese options are term-c or fogger v2. No budget, then kayfun, or Odysseus or ugh... stuff, theres stuff out there, I can't think

4. el Jexican

el Jexican Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 10, 2013
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Love my RSST. Never really liked dripping all the time so the tank set up is the way I go. My only complaint is the leaking, though I don't take my mech on the go so its not really an issue for me.

5. Myrany

Myrany Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 14, 2013
    Louisiana
    Reo + RM2 = RBD with a non leaking tank :) I am in heaven

6. williebb123

williebb123 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

i like RBA's better just fill it and forget it if i want to change juice just insert blunt tip syringe and remove its so simple even a caveman can do it

7. Vaslovik

Vaslovik Account closed on request ECF Veteran

Jul 5, 2013
    Well if your AGA-T was leaking you didn't have to screwed together tight enough, that's all. My first RBA was an AGA-T2, and I never had that problem with it. As for RBA's over RDA's, I have not felt the need for a dripper, and don't want to deal with having to drip over and over.

There are those for whom dripping is the be-all and end-all of vaping, and they will pile onto every thread where someone is thinking about getting an RBA, urging them to go with a dripper, espousing the imagined endless virtues of that style atty. Yeah, okay, but YMMV.

For my part I'm very happy with my RBA's, and cannot think of a reason to get a dripper. I fill my tank and vape for hours and hours, without having to mess with it until I syringe more juice into the tank. Changing juice is a snap too, as Willie said.

8. Vaslovik

Jul 5, 2013
    Uhh.... yeah, that's NOT been my experience at all!!!

I've been using my AGA-T2 and RSST for a long time now, and I can't imagine where you are coming from with this. Multiple times harder because it has a tank? Excuse me??? If anything it's a lot less hassle with the tank. Fill it once and vape on for hours.

9. Mitey F

Mitey F Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

One of my favorite things about drippers (I never could get a tank to work right) besides the far superior flavor and vapor, is the fact that you're not stuck with one juice until the tank runs dry. You can swap flavors whenever you want, and after a few drops of the new flavor, the old one is nearly gone. Also, you always end up wasting a bit of juice in a tank... not that it's a big deal, but it's something.

10. Mitey F

I think he was saying that it's much harder to get a wick right, and I would wholeheartedly agree. It's pretty straightforward getting a wick right in an RBA... when you add the tank, your wick must be *perfect* to perform as well as a dripper.

11. Vego

Vego Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 19, 2011
    pittsburgh, pa
    I use both, and both produce excellent vapes. The rba tank's strong point is fiddle free vaping all day. But that's when you're content to vape your favorite juice all day long. When you're palette is feeling fickle, that's were the rda shines, as a juice change is far less fiddly than with a rba tank.

12. Vaslovik

Jul 5, 2013
    Point well taken, there are those who cannot get a wick right. I'm not one of them, fortunately. It's worth pointing out that you can go with multiple styles of wicks, and there are also those who cannot get a dripper's wicks/coils right. For those folks we have carto tanks and clearos.

I found that once I had wick making and coil winding down pat my RBA's where right where I wanted to be, and I can't imagine using anything else. It just takes a little practice and effort, which, if one is not willing to do, could well leave them with a lesser atty, like a dripper.

13. Vaslovik

Jul 5, 2013
    Fiddly? I don't fiddle with mine, I just syringe the juice out and syringe the new juice in, eazy-peezy. To me fiddly is having to constantly drip juice into the atty.

14. Mitey F

Troll much? :glare:

15. tj99959

tj99959 ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    I say it all depends on what a person is trying to accomplish with a RBA. There is no right or wrong, just different desires.

I knew the vaping experience I wanted long before there was such a thing as a RBA. My fear was that obsolescence would eventually make what I like hard or impossible to get. So my desire was to simply find a way to replicate that same vape should deeming regulations or other factors come into play. In other words CYA.
    So for me the switch to RBA's had the same motivation as switching to DiY liquids.

I'm really not saving any money, because my wife just buys more yarn now :lol:

16. boathook

boathook Full Member

Oct 27, 2013
    Upstate NY
    I'm currently using a couple of AGA-T2 and an IGO-W. I hated the AGA-T2's until I started using cotton and microcoils on them. Yes, they still leak if they tip over, but I love that I have a reservoir of liquid available without constant maintenance.

I like the IGO-W because I can change flavors in it rapidly. While the two tanks have my ADV flavors, the dripper is my flavor of the moment device. It allows me to give my taste buds a nice jolt out of the ordinary.

That being said, I closed off one air hole on the IGO-W and run it single coil as I still haven't been able to get a dual coil build to work correctly. Need to sand down the screws some more I think, as the leads tend to bind when tightening and then the resistance jumps around.

With both the Genesis style and the Dripper style I like that I don't have to worry about juice leaking down into my mod. I'd hate to lose a good setup because of a leak.

Of course I have an Ithaka clone and a Kayfun clone on the way, so perhaps those will just magically be awesome and be the new favorite. As long as I can keep the positive pin dry, that is.

17. H1ST

H1ST Full Member

Jun 5, 2013
    uk
    i still haven't had chance to try a dripper but will soon, however i prefer the idea of carrying the juice in a tank rather than having to carry a separate bottle and dripping.

Im using an aga t2 with ss rope 7x19 strand and its probably because i use 100% vg but i can leave it upside down for ever with the air hole open and it never leaks even if the vg is warmed up after vaping and becomes thinner

18. bones1274

bones1274 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 28, 2010
    florida
    +1 on the Reo with RBA. Just give the internal bottle a little squeeze and you are good to go. No leaking whatsoever and best of all.....no dripping!!

19. InTheShade

InTheShade Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 26, 2013
    South Texas
    This post made my day... lol.

I use or have used most different vaping systems now. I still prefer a standard or LR 510 atomizer on my bottom feeder.

You are entitled to your opinion that I am using a lesser atty. I am also entitled to find that opinion quite ridiculous.

20. tricci

tricci Super Member ECF Veteran

May 7, 2011
    Philadelphia
    I prefer rebuildable tank attys (the Kayfun being my favorite) because I like the convenience of not having to drip or squonk. I prefer filling and vaping with no hassle. I find the balance of flavor, vapor, and th to b3 perfect. I use modified drippers when I'm in the mood for blowing huge clouds of vapor, but that's just for fun. It all comes down to what your personal preference is, I hate dripping thus rtas are for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.