Why does everyone seem to like the Buzz pro more than the Infinity Pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
I own and like both. They're thoughtfully-designed and well-made VV mods.

The difference for me is in the form factor. While the slimmer iPro is very comfortable to hold in my hand while vaping, its extra length makes it awkward when put down. Stand it up on a table, and the darn thing falls over if you just look at it funny. Really, any slight vibration causes the iPro to fall over. Plus, it's heavy enough that its falls are noteworthy. Unlike a lighter, shorter eGo or other similar tube mod, the iPro falls over like a giant tree being chopped down. It falls almost in slow motion, followed by a loud metallic clang when it hits the table, as it knocks down anything near the crash site. I'm semi-joking, of course, but I swear that my iPro must have fallen over 100 times, and it's both disconcerting and slightly aggravating.

Otherwise, the iPro is brilliant.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
I owned original Infinity, and now have a Buzz Pro (and VVPV). Honestly the BP felt slightly odd at first after using the Infinity, but you adapt to the form factor quickly, in either direction.

I never have gotten into standing these on end, they are either on their side or in my pocket. Infinity Pro is indeed taller, though I believe only a couple mm narrower than BP.

Infinity batteries are indeed less widely available, though frankly I'm not into shopping around on batteries -- I buy what the vendor sells/recommends. The Infinity/IPro batteries are protected 14430, I've seen them at a couple places.

Electronics are the same, run time is just about the same -- the IPro batteries deliver very close to the same useable mAh as the BP ones.

BP has a drip cup, though I only use a carto tank setup on it so it is a don't-care to me.

IPro price point is indeed attractive, it is what I recommend for people who are budget conscious but want the high quality VV experience of the notcigs products.

Either product is a really solid choice.

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD
Everything I look at keeps pointing me back in the direction of the Infinity so I guess that's what I need to order.

Pros (most shared with the Buzz):

Tapered look
Easily adjustable voltage (especially important since I don't have an all day vape)
Well regulated voltage for a consistent vaping experience throughout battery life
Voltage does not need to be reset after changing batteries
Manufacturer reputation
Price

Cons:

5.5 volts vs 6 volts of other units
No battery metering (definitely concerned that I will be left with a dead PV when I'm out)
No atomizer ohm testing
Won't know exactly what voltage or wattage I'm vaping at

Of the cons, only 2 are of concern -- the battery life indicator and possibly the 5.5 vs 6 volt thing, but that may not be too big of a deal.

Sanity Challenged

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2011
Kalamazoo, MI
From a guy who owns and regularly uses an IPro, a Buzz, a ProVari, and a Lavatube:

YMMV, but 5.5 - 6 volts won't be missed. I rarerely go much past the red mark on my NotCigs devices, and have yet to find a juice/carto combo that demanded more.
Battery metering, which I figured would be a plus, is actually just one more thing to worry about. It's part of my morning routine to change the batts in whatever I was using the day before, and it is extremely rare for me to ever run out of battery power. Nevertheless, when I am using a device that can check battery capacity, I feel compelled to check occassionally. When I'm using one without, I never even think about it, and just enjoy vaping.
Atomizer ohm testing - look, my LCD screen says the same thing the box says. Neat trick!
Not knowing what voltage you're vaping it - not really true. Numbers are just one scale to measure by. Maybe it's my preference for the IPro that causes this, but I have my voltages memorized on my favorite carto/juice combos as "quarter-past yellow" and "just shy of red" rather than as 4.4 or whatever.

I don't have an all day vape either. Right now I have 7 different tanks filled with 7 different flavors, with an additional 4 more flavors loaded into random cartos - I'm ready to vape whatever tickles my fancy at any given moment. While the accusations of the ProVari menu making it slow to change settings are greatly exaggerated, the wheel is still more convenient.

In short, I think you'll be very happy with your IPro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread