Why does my 0.7 ohm Genesis work so well on the eGo C Passthrough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

angelajude

Dec 29, 2012
Burbank, CA
If I calculated correctly, at 3.7 volts that's 19.56 watts! Is this thing going to explode or what? I know it's supposed to have circuit protection and I've checked and made sure it is a genuine joyetech product. I have a few eGo C Passthru's and the Genesis at 0.7 ohms fires on all of them. Maybe it's because I have it connected to a USB. I don't know.

It won't fire on the eVic though.

I'm getting a great vape, crazy amount of vapor, just like it does on my friend's mechanical mod. Just want to know why this actually works and whether it is safe.

Last thing, I already ordered a mechanical mod for the Genesis, just using this in the meantime.

Last edited:

Nickycaps182

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2013
Delaware
If I calculated correctly, at 3.7 volts that's 19.56 watts! Is this thing going to explode or what? I know it's supposed to have circuit protection and I've checked and made sure it is a genuine Joyetech product. I have a few eGo C Passthru's and the Genesis at 0.7 ohms fires on all of them. Maybe it's because I have it connected to a USB. I don't know.

It won't fire on the eVic though.

I'm getting a great vape, crazy amount of vapor, just like it does on my friend's mechanical mod. Just want to know why this actually works and whether it is safe.

Last thing, I already ordered a mechanical mod for the Genesis, just using this in the meantime.

Some devices won't fire under 1.2 ohms and I'm pretty sure the Evic is one not sure about the pass thru

CASEACE79

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2011
Delaware
I tried to look and find the amp output limit for the ego and couldn't find it but it's a pretty mute point. Even an AW IMR only has a 10 amp continuous output running a .7 ohm coil on it is risky. Most people consider anything under a 4 amp draw to be safe. A .7 ohm coil pulls 5.29 amps! So if it's even risky on what is considered to be one of the safest batteries on the market then it's REALLY dangerous on an ego.

Oh and it won't fire on the evic cause it's too low an ohm for the device.

BTW when you do get your mech mod look into the MNKE 18650 batteries. They have a 20 amp continuous output and the voltage of the battery holds steady longer than an AW so you experience less voltage drop off. Only down side is that it's only 1500mah.

angelajude

Dec 29, 2012
Burbank, CA
I tried to look and find the amp output limit for the ego and couldn't find it but it's a pretty mute point. Even an AW IMR only has a 10 amp continuous output running a .7 ohm coil on it is risky. Most people consider anything under a 4 amp draw to be safe. A .7 ohm coil pulls 5.29 amps! So if it's even risky on what is considered to be one of the safest batteries on the market then it's REALLY dangerous on an ego.

Oh and it won't fire on the evic cause it's too low an ohm for the device.

BTW when you do get your mech mod look into the MNKE 18650 batteries. They have a 20 amp continuous output and the voltage of the battery holds steady longer than an AW so you experience less voltage drop off. Only down side is that it's only 1500mah.

I will definitely look into the MNKE 18650. That's the first time hearing about those. Thanks.

angelajude

Dec 29, 2012
Burbank, CA
You are hitting your amp limit on the battery, i.e. you aren't vaping at the voltage that you have it set to and you aren't pushing 20w.

Put an in line volt meter between your battery and atty and you will see what I mean.

I think I understand now. Basically, I am being restricted by the amp limit and the voltage/wattage is being lowered accordingly right? Wonder why the eVic doesn't just do the same thing instead of displaying a message about a short and not letting it fire.

Still, it sure is hitting really well. With the same juice, I am getting way more vapor production compared to my low resistance cartos.

Trick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2012
Round Rock, Texas, United States
I think I understand now. Basically, I am being restricted by the amp limit and the voltage/wattage is being lowered accordingly right? Wonder why the eVic doesn't just do the same thing instead of displaying a message about a short and not letting it fire.

Still, it sure is hitting really well. With the same juice, I am getting way more vapor production compared to my low resistance cartos.

The voltage isn't being lowered so much as that you're reaching the limit of your battery and can't go any higher. That puts a hell of a lot of stress on the battery, which is why the eVic prevents you from doing it.

eHuman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
San Diego

No doubt it is hitting at it's capable limits so relatively you are experiencing the best that it is capable of.

That being said you would probably be hitting the max limits and getting a similar result by using a 1.25Ω atty.

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN

Some devices, like the Provari and from what you're saying the eVic will not fire if it's outside of spec. Some devices like the first gen Lavatube and many others will fire most anything you put on them but they are fibbing as to the output, they automatically throttle down to a safe output level. You could set a first Gen Lavtube with a dual core carto to 6 volts and it would fire no problem but you'd be lucky if you were getting 3.7 or slightly higher actual output. You'd need an inline meter to see what you're actually getting with a .7ohm load but my guess is it's well below 3.7 and also be careful with it that low, even though it's not pushing 3.7 that's still a heavy load for a battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread