Why does my cartomizer taste like burning metal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

goober

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 4, 2011
PA
I feel like I am filling them correctly this time but some of my cartos taste burnt. I have 10 and they were all brand new. I opened each one of them up to test them and only 3 of them have a good smooth taste/throat hit with a lot of vapor. The other ones taste like burning metal, have very very very little vapor and the throat hit feels like I am inhaling a sheet of burning construction paper. Does anybody know if I am supposed to do something to the cartos before filling them up?

Dudeman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2009
New Bedford, MA
It sounds like the carto's you have issue with either were not filled all the way or didn't have sufficient time for the juice to reach the coils. Once you vape a dry coil on a carto, it's pretty much ruined because you burn the filler and that hampers juice flow to the coil. That's where the metallic taste comes from. It's simply hot coil you're tasting.

You didn't mention how you filled them. I'd suggest drip-filling so you can see the juice soak in. 20-30 drops depending on the carto. It should look slushy but not like a puddle when it's full. Let it sit for about 20 minutes to allow the juice time to fully soak in.

Something else to keep in mind is that sometimes you do get bad carto's that just don't perform or taste right no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread