Why does power go down with my fixed voltage Lavatube ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Youmadbrah

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Cairo,Egypt
When I use my 18650 AW IMR battery with Lavatube at 4+ volts ,power of vape and vapor production decay with time! Although voltage is constant.

I don't get it , DC power = V x I and since the resistance and voltage are constant then current and power are also constant , until the battery dies completely , I expect a constant power.

What's going on ? I now doubt that the lava tube reading is correct and I think output voltage decays with time.

Eagle Talon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2012
Budapest
When I use my 18650 AW IMR battery with Lavatube at 4+ volts ,power of vape and vapor production decay with time! Although voltage is constant.

I don't get it , DC power = V x I and since the resistance and voltage are constant then current and power are also constant , until the battery dies completely , I expect a constant power.

What's going on ? I now doubt that the lava tube reading is correct and I think output voltage decays with time.

the wires get dirty and causes of the problem. burn out the liquid

rondasherrill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2012
Valhalla
What ?? I am saying it doesn't have circuitry for fixing voltage. These numbers u see on the screen is a multiplier for the battery voltage , not a correct reading of actual voltage.

He's saying that over time the coil gunks up, so you get less vapor, and that is true to a small extent, but the main thing is that the circuitry in the Lavatube sucks. Your experience is echoed in posts about the LT all over this forum.

Zenataos

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2012
British Columbia, Canada
Lavatubes will not output the voltage you select. On a fresh battery you may get close to what you set however when the battery starts to drain the loaded voltage will drop.

This is one of the main reasons I bought a Provari, what you set is what you get until the battery is dead. Your last vape will be the same as the first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread