Why does the coil burn out..To much flavor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethan diy

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2017
Hey all good to be here
Was wondering .. Just gave my friend some flavors I made to vape... He told me that he put in a new coil and that after just a bit of got burnt out... My flavors are general recipes that I pick up from the forum.. I know custard has a tendency to gunk up coils.. Could that be it? cause I did give him custard... He has a vape pod system something like the smok novo. Would appreciate some knowledge on what causes coils to burn out on what types of attys or pods.. Etc..??

Reactions: stols001

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Hey thanks...
The ratio was 60 vg... But you might be right maybe I should lower it even more... I thought that might be the problem... Do you know if high vg affects the same way with other systems.. Like drop in coils or something?
Thank you
Generally it’s only the tiny coil stuff like pods. There just isn’t enough wick to carry a thick juice

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Um, just wanted to say it may be completely unrelated to your juice, maybe his coil was about to die anyway, maybe he's vaping it too high, and maybe he didn't prime it well, I have no idea.

I'm not sure I'd jump to the conclusion that your home made eliquid has instant, coil destroying properties.... Although if it does, can I buy some for my vaping enemies and etc. ???:D

Anna

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Coil burnt out? as in stops firing/producing vapor? (open circuit)
Wicking material scorched or burnt making for an off, odd, dry, funky or burnt taste?

High % VG slows the wicking process, back to back hits / chain vaping may cause dry, funky or burnt tastes in any delivery device with small wicking holes and or small amount of wicking material in their heads.

Flavorings & especially sweeteners is what clogs/slows wicking ability, caramelize on the coil & burn off creating funky burnt hit tastes.
What is the total % of flavorings?
Total % of sweeteners?

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Back when I used factory coils I found that they had to be drenched in juice for at least 30 minutes to an hour to make sure ALL the cotton was soaked. The best method I used was to pull off the rubber bottom cap and fill it with juice. Then, I'd put the cap back on and the juice would well up through the air hole and soak the top of the wicking. The makes sure you have the entire wicking drenched in juice before the first vape.

If there's juice sitting on the top of the wicking after it sits for a while you can dry it off using a paper towel before your first vape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread