Why dont I like contact coils?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedAlert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2010
NJ
As the title says. Tried building 2mm up to 3.5mm using 28ga SS and it just tastes like heat to me. I cant get my menthol juice to taste right on them, yet when I make a spaced coil it tastes wonderful. I haven't seen a hot spot in them and no hot legs and wick isnt even discolored after a day of vaping.
I've read most people find better flavor with contact coils, yet I'm the opposite. Am I just doing something wrong?

Reactions: defdock

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
As the title says. Tried building 2mm up to 3.5mm using 28ga SS and it just tastes like heat to me. I cant get my menthol juice to taste right on them, yet when I make a spaced coil it tastes wonderful. I haven't seen a hot spot in them and no hot legs and wick isnt even discolored after a day of vaping.
I've read most people find better flavor with contact coils, yet I'm the opposite. Am I just doing something wrong?

I have found that for Most Things vape-wise there is a Simple, Logical and Scientific explanation for what is going on. But for a Small Minority of things, it just seems to be What it Is.

Maybe your Like of Spaced Coils falls into the 2nd category?

My Theory is if you have tried both A and B of something, and you Definitely Like B better than A, then use B even if you Can't Figure Out what makes B better than A.

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    Seems like SS would be poor for contact coils unlike Kanthal's oxide layer. Anyone know? Also wouldn't work right anyway if you're using TC.

Personal preference is 95% of vaping.

Having a preference and implementing it are 2 different things. Sometimes they are closely related, sometimes too easily confused.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread