Status
Not open for further replies.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Can't help ya if ya don't tell us what ya did wrong...
toothy.gif

Scam...? Only if ya buy pre-mixed!

Newbie from PA

Jul 27, 2012
Warrington, Pa
Basically I followed the reccomendations! PG / VG and 20% Flavor (I bought 4 blueberry flavors from DIY)...(Tried all,...no flavor at their recommended 20%),...got a little ......,...vaped it straight,...NOTHING!

Anyway, I have one steeping:?
50% 48mg (Flavor It Yourself) E-juice - 100% PG
25% VG
25% Flavor: (Blueberry Wild) PG based

OK,...So I went 25% on the flavor,...instead of 20%....They said: "Then add a little more flavor if you see fit"

Last edited:

Newbie from PA

Jul 27, 2012
Warrington, Pa
OK,.......WOW!,....Whoda Thunk it!
It has a pungant (almost menthol flavor),........Now how in the world?.....One would absolutely think that (from the get go) you would taste flavor!....Possibly a chemical reaction or "combining" but,...I vaped it straight before!..."Why Who da,...What Da,....Why Yoo,....Wise Guy!"...lol

Right now I dripped into a "wannabee" SI Cart with the filler pulled out,.....Guess I'll pop it in the CE3

Anyway,....Your right! and it does seem strong!.....-------Thanks Lynda

cricque

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I stopped using percentages. I just mix down to 12mg and then I add drops. I do not care how many percent a vendor says
For tobacco's I'll start of with 2

If a company sells mostly super concentrated percentages can be a pain to work with. So i'll go with drops. I'll start with 2 shake, test, not enough, 2 more, shake test repeat

Tobacco's generally need a bit steeping time to test flavor. So I just make 3 bottles of 5mg with VG/PG mix and no nicotine
I'll add 2 drops in 1 bottle, 4 drops, 6 drops in a bottle, let it sit for a week and test

For myself I found drops working out alot better then having exact percentages. I bought alot of stuff like gradual cylinders etc. I do always write down how much drops goes in what. Some people might like stronger, some less. But having not enough of flavor from the start is better then having it overdone

So always start of very low, give it a try and repeat. If you are close to the flavor and you think, it might be better with a drop or 2, stop, let it sit for a day or 2-3. Try again. Some flavors are also more potent then others

Newbie from PA

Jul 27, 2012
Warrington, Pa
Thanks everyone!

I was just completely blown away...From the fact that steeping is everything. Just doesn't make sence. I suppose there really is a chemical reaction / chemical incorporation going on there,( a reaction the Flavor has with the Glycol & Glycerin...WOW.
I'll keep in mind what y'all say about the ammounts of flavor too......
...I just figured.........MOE IS BETTA!.........Go figure

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Thanks everyone!

I was just completely blown away...From the fact that steeping is everything. Just doesn't make sence. I suppose there really is a chemical reaction / chemical incorporation going on there,( a reaction the Flavor has with the Glycol & Glycerin...WOW. ...

BTW - I hve found that Adding a Couple of Drops of Plain Water to a 10 or 15ml DIY Mix helps to "Kick Off" the Flavors.

Maybe the Flavoring Chemicals Bind with Water or Maybe its all in My Head. But it works for Me.

jackbox

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2012
Thailand (U.S. Expat)
I love Flavour Art's Black Tea. So much that I started mixing in 10% tea flavoring and 5% peach. That tasted like almost nothing. I made a new batch and backed the black tea down to 7% and loads more flavor. Next batch I will back it down to 5% to see what the difference is. It is definitely true that too much flavoring equals no flavor. 20ml of the stuff lasted me a few months. I have a new order of 100ml of it on the way. Mixed with fruits it is an all day vape, IMO. :)

wizard10000

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
midwestern us
OK, that was good for a chuckle.

If you really want some taste from vaping flavoring straight, I would suggest FA's Dark Vapure. And, please record the session on video. (Nobody ever makes these videos for me...)

Posted it awhile back but I accidentally vaped Wizard Labs' Juicy Fruit straight. It's a mistake I won't make again :D

wizard10000

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
midwestern us
Is it sort of like when someone eats a super sour candy or worse? I agree seeing a video of someone doing it would be quite amusing. Sort of like watching someone fall down or wipe out (as long as they don't get hurt).

The hell of it was my brain seemed to have completely disengaged when I did it :D

WL included a small bottle of flavoring as a gift. This was in a dropperless 4ml *glass* bottle, which should have been a dead giveaway, but no. I extracted the flavoring with a syringe, put it into a 6ml dropper bottle and dripped it onto a debridged 306 atty.

See? I really had to work to screw that up :D

*note to self: wear your glasses when checking out liquid gifts suppliers give you*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread