The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Why dont the fda stay out

Discussion in 'Campaigning discussions' started by undyingguitarist, Aug 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. undyingguitarist

undyingguitarist Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 10, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    how can they say that something is harmful, when a product they have been selling on the market for well over 100 years kills more people than alcohol and marijuana combined? why? i dnt understand, and ive heard that the so called testing they have done was funded by PHILLIP MORRIS, of all people!!!!!! are they scared that they are going to lose profit because a healthier alternative is available, is it because the government cant tax it because its not a tobacco product, why is there so much resistance to the vapor movement we really need to step to our feet and unite to the word about E-cigs out there please post your ideas on what ive said, one more thing this country, wow i love it but man is it fueled by greed, and not enough execeptance for things out of the norm

2. Satyr

Satyr Senior Member ECF Veteran

It's like you just walked into a church and announced to everyone that God is good. While nearly everyone would agree with you and talk with you for hours on end about how good God really is, it's not the people in the church who need to be convinced. This horse is dead. Either drop your stick or find a live horse.

I'm not trying to be rude. I'm merely giving constructive advice.

3. undyingguitarist

Aug 10, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    thanks man, it just really makes me furious how normal people dont have a say

4. Father Luke

Father Luke Senior Member ECF Veteran

5. undyingguitarist

Aug 10, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
  6. Superstargoddess

Superstargoddess Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 31, 2009
    Ohio
    Like I have said before, they are just buying time until they can figure out a way to tax it and regulate it. However, we can say all that we want, but we must remember to keep cool and use some tact, which I know can be hard sometimes.

I do not think that they will be banned straight out. I think they will have the juice regulated and perhaps taxed, but I am not positive about how they will do all that yet. Let's just hope that they aren't taxed too much!

7. surbitonPete

surbitonPete Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2009
    North Yorkshire UK
    Our governments justified putting massive taxes on tobacco by saying it was to try and stop us smoking and save our health.....I can't see how they can really justify slapping huge taxes on e-cigs.

8. undyingguitarist

Aug 10, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    surbiton i feel the exact same way it is unjustifiable!!!!!

9. surbitonPete

surbitonPete Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2009
    North Yorkshire UK
    I don't know about America but tobacco, booze, and fuel have been our governments major source of extra taxation in every budget for many years and they have gotten away with it by saying it's only for our own good... and we are stupid enough to believe it. Every time they want to raise more money they do it by increasing the taxes on those things rather than fairly doing it through income taxes.

10. ProtoType

ProtoType Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 23, 2009
    New Jersey
    Is that supposed to be a FDA sponsored Physician or something?

11. HighTech

HighTech Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 25, 2009
    USA
    Welcome to the United States of America, my friend. :thumbs:

12. Porphy

Porphy Forum Supplier ECF Veteran

Jun 12, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    I think it's just supposed to be the FDA.

13. TiggerST67

TiggerST67 Full Member

May 28, 2009
    West Memphis,AR
    Something I have found to be true over and over.....If something doesn't make sense to you, follow the money, then it will.

14. Superstargoddess

Superstargoddess Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 31, 2009
    Ohio
    Amen to that!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.