Why dry after cleaning atomizer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunsetnkc

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2009
Kansas City
Just curious what the thinking is on why to dry with hair dryer, bake at low temp, let sit and dry for a couple days. Why is this thought to be needed? I have cleaned several and just blown out like I blow out every day and started using. Have noticed no odd symtoms, taste or anything out of the norm. My thinking is that once in use it is plenty wet, and even after a mid day blow out it is still wet. So my first puff may include a little extra water vapor from the drop I didn't dry off with the hair dryer, is that bad?

Thoughts anyone?

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
No one really has the answer to cleaning an atty effectively. It's all trial and error right now. I think people clean them too much. I only clean mine if they clog, wihch is once every couple of months. I soak them in Everclear. When done, the Everclear evaporates fast, and if a small amount is left, it vapes right out with the new juice.

nubee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2009
IL, USA
Most everything 'wet' used to 'clean' the atty doesn't vape well or taste good - so letting it dry reduces most of those affects.

There is a wick (not just the metal mesh one) by the heating element and that performs SO much better after it dries - yep, I know from experience :)

Then, don't forget to reprime it with 2-3 drops of juice before firing it up again.

smokum

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario -CANADA-
I "believe" the thought behind drying out the water was to avoid the high temperatures of STEAM that is produced when "water" is heated. In other words, to prevent a "chance" of overheating and/or burning out the atomizer.

Juices have a glycerin base to them and "should" prevent a total soak out by staying towards the surface of the wick or coil, where water will soak in to the core and fload the atty and its components.

I'm with Jim on this one...... I very rarely clean my atty's aside from blowing them out occasionally and letting them "drip out" overnite.

VapeOn,
Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread