Why I Have Been MIA & A Big Thank You To V4L

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flowerlady-8898

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2010
North Carolina
On Sunday, July 20th, my husband received a call from his brother, who informed us that their mom had fallen, and that she was in ICU, and had not regained consciousness. So, we felt like we needed to go to Denver, to be with the family. When Monday morning came around, we had most of our stuff packed up, and then we got another phone call, to let us know that they were going to do a Brain Scan on her, to see if there was any brain activity. They would not be able to tell us the results, until Monday evening.

We left our home, in North Carolina, around 6pm, and heading directly to Clarksville, TN, which is near Fort Campbell, Kentucky, to pick up my step-daughter. While we were at my step-daughter & her husband's home, we rested for awhile, then early Tuesday morning, my husband Tim received another phone call, which informed him of the results of his mother’s Brain Scan. There was no activity going on in her brain at all, and her wishes were not to be left on life support, so Tim’s 3 brother’s & sister made the decision to pull the plug Monday night. She was surrounded by all of her children, (except for my husband, & his youngest brother, Todd, who had to go back to work), & also one of her sisters was there, when she passed away.

On the way out to Denver, CO, where she lived, I was surrounded by 2 smokers…my husband & my step-daughter. By the middle of the week, I was craving cigarettes so bad, that I literally had thoughts of asking for one, from my step-daughter. I was down to the last little bit, of my WOW555, and was panicking, wondering if I was going to have enough to last me, until we got back home, from our trip. There were times when I would switch over to Razz WOW & Grape, but it just wasn’t the same, to help curb the cravings that I was having from being around those 2. At first, I couldn’t stand being around the smoke, but the more I was around it, the more I wanted a cigarette, but thank God, I never gave into the temptation!

When we finally got home, last night, which was around 12:30am, I wanted to check the V4L site, to see if they had any WOW555 juice or cartomizers, but I was so extremely tired. I was so worried that all of the cartomizers would be gone, too, but just couldn’t keep my eyes opened long enough, to even cut my computer on.

As soon as I got up this morning, I received another phone call, to let me know that one of my favorite uncles had passed away, from lung cancer. I just knew that I wasn’t going to make it through all of these deaths, without my WOW555, but as soon as I checked the V4L site, there it was!!! My WOW555 juice had finally come in. I ordered 3 bottles!!! Someone there must have been thinking about me, because it was truly a blessing to see my juice, on the site, again.

Thanks V4L, for getting in the WOW555 Juice!!! I probably would have been back to smoking again, because of all of the stress that I had been under, because it’s so sad to lose 2 family members, within a week of each other. I’m just so happy that V4L was there for me, when I needed them the most.

grandpawrichard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 27, 2011
Burlington, Washington
Flowerlady,
I am deeply saddened by the bad news of the Deaths in your family. I know how hard this time will be for you because my father-in-law and my Dad passed away within 3 weeks of each other. It was a very sad and trying time for us. :( My thoughts and prayers are going out for you now and will be for the next month or so.

I'm glad to hear that you were able to withstand the cravings for a Cigarette during the tough road trip! You showed a Lot of Courage and Strength! I am equally happy to hear that you were able to order the supplies that you needed! :)

Take Care of yourself and if you ever need to chat with someone, just drop me a PM with your phone number. I'll call you on my cellphone (unlimited minutes :) and Free Long Distance. :) )

GPR

Flowerlady-8898

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2010
North Carolina
Thanks Richard, I'll keep that in mind. I appreciate your thoughtfulness, too. I'm worried about my husband, though, because he has not shown any sorrow, as of yet. He has suffered from bi-polar depression, for many years now, and we just got his medication to the point where it was starting to make him feel better, and he had started to do more things. I'm praying that he doesn't have a relapse, from her death, especially feeling regret from not spending more time with her, since we live on the other side of the states. She had just come out to see us, this past February, but it was just for a few hours, before she left to go up to Asheville, and spend the rest of the time with her Aunt, who wasn't doing well, before she headed back to Colorado. I just wish we could have spent more time with her, but with 6 kids between us, years ago, we just couldn't afford making long trips like that. We went out there, back in 2001, with 5 of the 6 kids. Now that was a hell of a trip. All of the kids were younger than 16, and the youngest was 5.​

incantius

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
tennessee
Thanks Richard, I'll keep that in mind. I appreciate your thoughtfulness, too. I'm worried about my husband, though, because he has not shown any sorrow, as of yet. He has suffered from bi-polar depression, for many years now, and we just got his medication to the point where it was starting to make him feel better, and he had started to do more things. I'm praying that he doesn't have a relapse, from her death, especially feeling regret from not spending more time with her, since we live on the other side of the states. She had just come out to see us, this past February, but it was just for a few hours, before she left to go up to Asheville, and spend the rest of the time with her Aunt, who wasn't doing well, before she headed back to Colorado. I just wish we could have spent more time with her, but with 6 kids between us, years ago, we just couldn't afford making long trips like that. We went out there, back in 2001, with 5 of the 6 kids. Now that was a hell of a trip. All of the kids were younger than 16, and the youngest was 5.​
as a bi-polar sufferer myself if this persist you might want to have him contact his psych. to review his meds. the Dr. may prescribe a "temporary" additional med to help with the symptoms until he's back on track. sometimes tragic events will be a major stressor and can lead to issues. most likely if he is prescribed additional meds they'll remove it after things calm down. (i've had to do this on some occasions myself) good luck & sorry for your losses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread