Why I have fallen in love with the Provari

Status
Not open for further replies.

Escapereality

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2012
Bluegrass
Prior to having this fine device, I was running with eGo-Twists. Last week I had one of them crap out on me, which was okay because it was covered by a warranty. A few days later my back up eGo twists started crapping out. After a full charge it only seemed to run for about an hour and then it would blink dead again. I was frustrated, but tried to hold it in because I had already purchased a Provari that was on the way.

The only reason I bit the bullet and ordered a provari is because a nice ECF member shared her good fortune with me. She had won a provari mini kit at a meet and responded to my wanted add. I purchased this entire kit for about $155.00 which included 2x batteries, 1 case, 1 charger, and the provari mini. I really had no reason to turn it down at that price. I bit the bullet, and soon after had to explain this to my wife. She hasn't killed me...yet.

It's all been said before but let me shoot off a few reasons why in just 5 days I've fallen in love with the Provari device.
  • It just looks awesome! Duh...it's sexy as hell, and sex sells!
  • Quality of craftsmanship. As soon as I held it in my hand it felt solid. It really felt like I was holding $200 worth of hardware in my hand. Heavy but just enough to know this thing could handle just about anything you throw at it. The threads were so silky smooth. The quality is in the details.
  • Awesome functionality but not overbearing. Every function that the Provari offers, is a function that I will generally use. No bells and whistles here...everything comes in handy and I believe now is necessary on an APV.
  • Just knowing the safety features are there, makes me feel better about vaping in general.
  • Being able to just swap batteries instead of having to swap to a new twist or charge one is a positive for me...although any tube mod would offer this.
  • Being manufactured in the USA and the comfort of knowing Provape backs up their devices. If I ever have a problem I know I can always send it in and have it fixed. It may not always be free but it's definitely a comfort that's a positive.

I kept these twists as back ups, but I hope I never have to use them! It's nice knowing they're there if SHTF, so I'll hang onto them for now :)...at least until I get a Provari to back up my Provari!

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Yeah, it really boils down to you get what you pay for. With the hefty price tag on those Provari's, I would expect top shelf quality. It appears that's what you have. I just hope you live long enough to get some enjoyment out of it lest your wife kill you. And even if you fall out of favor with that Provari, at least fake it so she doesn't murder you.

Last edited:

synthros

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2009
Spring Hill,Tn
I'd have to agree with everything you just said:) Me and about a million other Provari owners. Glad you are enjoying it, good luck! Mine is rarely out of sight;) I'm cant say I wouldn't have been happy with any other devices because I kind of skipped straight to this, but I'm glad I did and don't really feel like I need anything else, except as backup.

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
I am so glad you found a unit you love and can enjoy until your wife kills you. Will you please tell her to PM me before she is arrested and I will take it off her hands? :D

I still use my Twists, I actually still like them very much. I can't afford to lose my provari, money is tight, and I can't afford to keep replacing the Twists so for me it is a nice balance to just use the provari at home and take my Twists on the road with me. If I lose one or it dies I won't be heartbroken and can afford to replace it since it will last a lot longer only being used on the go.

Every point you made about the Provari is exactly why I love mine also. So don't forget, please tell your wife to PM me after your demise okay? And if you can get a banner from Provape it will factor in the cost of the hardware AND the disposable costs in a separate place so you can show her when you break even, unlike the banner you have now which shows a false savings level :p Wait, never mind, just don't tell her so she can sell it to me!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
My congrats, too. It doesn't surprise any of us who own one why you love your Provari. I have to agree with every point that you made. The obvious build quality, the pratical functionality, the confidence it provides with the safey features, and confidence in the manufacturer to stand by their product, and of course, its sexy as heck. There'll be no longing for a better device...because there is no better device.

Last edited:

synthros

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2009
Spring Hill,Tn
Yeah thats so true, they hold their value really well. So well that you really are better off many times buying it new. I'm not buying used to save $10 on a $200 purchase and that's before warranty and other considerations. Sometimes there are truly good deals, but most of the time it's maybe 5-10% off, and I can't call "Bob", if I have an issue. I bought a warranty and service going forward also included in the purchase price. I hear their customer service is excellent, wouldn't know as I haven't needed it, and would not be surprised if I don't for a very long time, if ever.

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
Yeah thats so true, they hold their value really well. So well that you really are better off many times buying it new. I'm not buying used to save $10 on a $200 purchase and that's before warranty and other considerations. Sometimes there are truly good deals, but most of the time it's maybe 5-10% off, and I can't call "Bob", if I have an issue. I bought a warranty and service going forward also included in the purchase price. I hear their customer service is excellent, wouldn't know as I haven't needed it, and would not be surprised if I don't for a very long time, if ever.

Provape will repair any of its products, under warranty or not. Instead of the warranty you just pay for it. In fact, their repair costs are very inexpensive. And there customer service IS excellent. I had a stupid question and they were very gracious about it. Usually though, you won't need repair as they are so well built. They take a licking and keep on clicking!

Startle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
NY, NY
I recently went ahead and ordered a late model chrome lava tube variation as a backup to my Provari.

While I am actually quite satisfied with the overall results it has revealed the stark difference between the Provari and everything else out there.

So my next backup will definitely be another Provari - lesson learned!

Vape On!

Escapereality

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2012
Bluegrass
I see it has been 3 days and you are still alive!!??? You did tell your wife to PM me when she kills you right?

I am still alive! She realized what a good deal I got in the classifieds. $155 shipped for a brand new mini provari kit which cme with 2 batteries, charger, and a case.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread