• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Why I love to DIY

Status
Not open for further replies.

VaporPhreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2009
Indianapolis, IN
Well awhile back I started doing DIY liquid. I was always scared to do it before, but in this economy I have do all I can to save money. To my surprise I took to it like a duck to water and have a blast doing it. I couldn't quite put my finger on why though. Well during a discussion with the wifey last night we figured it out. For as long as I can remember I have collected bottles and jars and for years have made my own herbal tinctures and teas. Due to a perceived lack of time and many of them going to waste due to lack of need/use, I stopped making the teas and tinctures. The similarity between the processes and the fact that some of my bottle collection is now going to use makes the process quite attractive to me now.

So now I am curious... any one else find any other correlations between ecig stuff and Crafty stuff?

Happy vaping and Blessed Be! :vapor:

subperceptual

Apr 6, 2010
Mesa, AZ
So now I am curious... any one else find any other correlations between ecig stuff and Crafty stuff?

Uh. Yep.

mod-1.png

my first two battery mods ;o)

Wanted some that felt a little more crafty... hehe

subperceptual

Apr 6, 2010
Mesa, AZ
Sub, those are AWESOME! I'v been considering whipping up a wooden 18650 mod. If you have some time, would you mind posting or IMing me a brief overview of how you made your 3.7 mod? It looks alot like what I had in mind. :D

I am rolling out a couple to post on etsy in the near future... 901 and 510 models... 3.7v, 5v and 6v. These were for me, to play with building, and get a good feel for what could make a good pv... what I am building now buries those... Hopefully they will make some good gifts through the rest of the harvests and Yule... but yeah, I'll get with you on PM about the build.

TY for the compliments.

subperceptual

Apr 6, 2010
Mesa, AZ
Seeing we are in the heart of the Harvest time, If I can get my hands on some spare parts, I will make some devices for each of you who were kind to comment thus far (I have to be realistic on how many I can make too), if your interested. With any luck, I could make them before Yule, and we will call them gifts :p

It would be a perfect excuse for me to spend some time perfecting the process and techniques of building them. Of course, these "practice" models would need good homes where they would be put to use, and that is where you would come in. :D

Times a tad rough here on my end, so I can't promise that I will get the parts needed before then, but I will give it an honest effort. Just pm me with the atty you would like to have the device for, and if you would want a 3.7, 5v, or 6v device, if you want indicator leds, etc... I am also working on a semi-sealed form with built-in charging circuit)... and any "theme" for it.....

I was working on one model early this morning and thought too that I would make "blanks" and put them up on etsy or somewhere. They would be the battery compartment (assembled), atty and button mountings (unassembled) and instructions for building your own pv from the base, then decorate and embellish as suits your taste... what do you all think?

Anyhow, back to the grind. Have a great one today, all of you.

Blessed Be.

VaporPhreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2009
Indianapolis, IN
Sub,

Man you are just awesome! If parts are an issue, let me know and I can get parts for at least one to you. Just PM me your address. I would love to build mods, but my soldering skills are complete crap. I did manage to build one 3.7v 14500 box mod, but that took a while. I'v been working on a 5v passthrough using a 2AA box for months lol... keep screwing up the soldering on the atty connector. That seems to be the biggest hurdle for me. Anyway, like I said, I can get the parts to you. Just PM with your address and let me know what you need and I will see what I can do.

BB

PS: If you are a menthol guy or like chai tea let me know and i will also send you some of my custom mixes :D

PSS: +1 for witch licking ;)

Last edited:

subperceptual

Apr 6, 2010
Mesa, AZ
Sub,
...I'v been working on a 5v passthrough using a 2AA box for months lol... keep screwing up the soldering on the atty connector.

:facepalm: <one of those moments....> I never thought of making passthroughs ... uh... would be almost too easy for me to bang them out... okay... going to make a couple fo passthroughs too.... 5v... doh!

Nyxie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2009
Port Richey, Fl.
Well my DIY so far consists of putting some vanilla butternut lorann's into some unflavored nic juice. I have a feeling I will be just adding to pre existing juice for a long time. I am a libra with a capricorn rising, so I can never make up my mind what flavor to mix with what and I will get really po'd if it isnt perfect when it is done.. I am not even gonna fool myself into thing i will be a mix master LOL

VaporPhreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2009
Indianapolis, IN
Nyxie, it takes time lol. I am sure you will be a Mix Master in time, if you want to be. The trick is, small batches! mix no more than 3ml at a time when trying a new recipe. Took me a while to get my summer Minty Watermelon mix right, but I got there in the end. :D Still trying to get a cremieness added to me Chai mix, but I know I will get there.

Confidence, Small batches, and patience... those are the keys. :D

BB

subperceptual

Apr 6, 2010
Mesa, AZ
All of you talking about DIY juice got me a little curious to try my hand at it, and as of this morning I have two "usable" juices - a vanilla cherry, and a banana - mmmmmmmmmmmmmm b a n a n a tastes goooooooood - hehehe - I think my nic level is way off though... four or five good vapes and I feel like I just vaped a 5ml of ultra-high nic in one sitting.... hahahahaha ... cutting and trying again ..

Are all of you who are making your own juices getting 100 nic juice from somewhere and starting with that, or are you extracting your own nic?

VaporPhreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2009
Indianapolis, IN
I am actually using 60mg nic and cutting it down to 10mg. I was originally going to get 100mg and cut to 10mg, but the place i bought from was out of it at the time. If you need a calculator go to: DIY e-Juice Calculator | A Geek In A Box or if you have an iPhone search for the eJuice app which has a similar calculator built in, but its far superior to mine. Anyway, BB.

VaporPhreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2009
Indianapolis, IN
Night,
This is exactly why I have the eJuice Calculator on my site. I'm decent at math, but when it comes to mixing nicotine I didnt want to take any chances. I have seen a few of them out there, and one that I truely liked allowed me to use some of his code to build mine. I have tested it against quite a few others and it is accurate. Actually in some cases its TOO accurate! I could not get it to round to just 2 decimal places, but oh well at least it works! Now the only fear is keeping it safely locked away where no little no hands or paws can reach it. I keep it all on a high shelf now, but I am investing in a firesafe lockbox soon just for my DIY supplies. And its INCREDIBLY cheap! I figured out my cost per ml the other day at around $0.18 per ml including flavor and shipping! NOT BAD! :D

BB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread