Status
Not open for further replies.

AZCraig

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2011
Mesa, AZ
www.KidneyPuncher.com
Seems odd that the new V2 Darwin is $50 cheaper than the old one from the Evolve website. Is it an more economic model that is lacking some of the features?

Hmm... their "shop" link is dead on the Evolv website. Where did you find the price for the v2 Darwin ?

FriedLiverAtack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2011
California, USA
Hmm... their "shop" link is dead on the Evolv website. Where did you find the price for the v2 Darwin ?

From the Shop link on the Evolv website. I just tried to add one to my cart but it says "test mode - no money will be collected"

This is funny to

Shop Now
Here’s where you can purchase items from our store! We have a wide range of power-regulated vaporizers for you to select from.

Where they list 2 versions of the Darwin that look like the same thing. Real "wide range" there

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
I remember Brandon saying the V2 Darwin would be a little more compact, so likely that means smaller batteries (ie - shorter battery life) since most of the size of the Darwin is due to the batteries' size. It would make sense that it would be cheaper in that case, unless there are other new features on it we haven't heard about yet. There really isn't any info I've seen available about it other than his brief mention of it in one of the VTTalk interviews

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
Yeah, lifetime warranties are great for mechanical mods, from a manufacturer's perspective as well as a consumer's, but electronics do eventually fail so it's not really a smart business move to offer one in non-mechanical mods. Still, the warranty on the Darwin is pretty stellar compared to other VV mods' warranties :)

FriedLiverAtack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2011
California, USA
I still find the term "mod" kinda funny as used for PV's. The Darwin seems too refined a product to be called one. Especially since it a has iPhone-like mentality where absolutely nothing about it is modifiable such as the severe limitation of not being able to use spare batteries. Reason I don't own an iPhone although I put up with it with my Macbook Air. But I suppose it is ok with the Darwin, most people would use a different mod when running about. A Darwin with a tank isn't really practical to carry around in your pants pocket all day while you work and run errands.

mlisnek

Feb 6, 2012
Chicago, IL
From the Shop link on the Evolv website. I just tried to add one to my cart but it says "test mode - no money will be collected"

This is funny to

Shop Now
Here’s where you can purchase items from our store! We have a wide range of power-regulated vaporizers for you to select from.

Where they list 2 versions of the Darwin that look like the same thing. Real "wide range" there

Ha that's funny. I was looking through that website just yesterday and thought I finally found a website that sold Darwins. I need one already.

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
Retriever, I wouldn't worry about that too much. I'm pretty sure the V2 Darwin is going to be an additional product to appeal to a wider audience and not a replacement for the existing Darwin design ;-)

I'm totally with you, though, the battery life was one of the main selling features for me when I bought mine (getting close to a year ago, now) and is still one of the things I like most about it. I've only once drained the battery to the point where the unit shuts down and that was because I hadn't plugged it in to charge the night before ;-)

Retriever

Moved On
Nov 2, 2011
Retriever, I wouldn't worry about that too much. I'm pretty sure the V2 Darwin is going to be an additional product to appeal to a wider audience and not a replacement for the existing Darwin design ;-)

I'm totally with you, though, the battery life was one of the main selling features for me when I bought mine (getting close to a year ago, now) and is still one of the things I like most about it. I've only once drained the battery to the point where the unit shuts down and that was because I hadn't plugged it in to charge the night before ;-)

That is some good news. Thanks! :)

paulc35

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mason,Wv
Yep Evolv warranty on the Darwin. just got mine back. I've only had it in twice and turn around time has been quick. Its these times when the Darwin is gone how much I realize how good the Darwin is..
Glad to have it back

Yeah, lifetime warranties are great for mechanical mods, from a manufacturer's perspective as well as a consumer's, but electronics do eventually fail so it's not really a smart business move to offer one in non-mechanical mods. Still, the warranty on the Darwin is pretty stellar compared to other VV mods' warranties :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread