Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
I considered a Dyson, LOL, I could never get the "You wouldn't buy a toilet with the incorrect amount of SUCTION," ads, LOL.

Comparing a vacuum cleaner to a toilet.............. I really, really want to meet the advertising person who came up with that. LOL. I'm dying to, in fact.

Anna

Oh, the Dyson sucked all right. It sucked donkey balls. They were new back when I got one, so they were very expensive. One year and done. I don’t even have a pet so there was no animal hair to worry about or anything like that.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Maybe so, but this is giving me ideas, like, we could each pick a vacuum cleaner to go with a mod. Like Smok: those weird "manual" rubbery things you rub over carpet that pick stuff up using gluey Velcro, I forget what they're called by they have little capacity.

I'm claiming my Oreck XL for the provaris. TEN years and ONE belt. LOL. Etc.

Anna

Reactions: Asbestos4004

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Shop vac. No belts, no bags....hit the switch and everything not nailed down disappears.
rps20180315_132702.jpg

Mechs are the shop vacs of vaping

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Ijoy: The place you go to vacuum out your car and it's like great at first, only you have to keep adding more and more quarters to continue the process, and it becomes increasingly frustrating, buy you do it anyway, because you're enjoying the experience so much. I'm talking to you, CLR tanks that keep refusing to read on me.

It's my fault. If I didn't drop the tanks, I'd be fine. If I vacuumed out my care more than maybe 3 times a year, I wouldn't need so many quarters.

So, they're good mods, if used correctly and etc. Stellar in fact, and I LOVE that coil, so well, I keep going. Heh.

Anna

Rangertrix

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2013
Collinsville, OK
Unless he ran the Provi over with a lawn mower, I bet Bill could have fixed it. Sorry, lol, I had to.
I actually did run a Provari Mini over with a mower. Screen was shot and had a big dent but still functioned.
Sent it in and Provape offered me a new blemish on if hey could keep mine.
Man, they incredible customer service!
I have owned lots of Smok mods and still use an AL85 as a stealth vape.
I have never had one fail, but I baby my mods and I'm a low wattage vaper.

Reactions: stols001

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
I actually did run a Provari Mini over with a mower. Screen was shot and had a big dent but still functioned.
Sent it in and Provape offered me a new blemish on if hey could keep mine.
Man, they incredible customer service!
I have owned lots of Smok mods and still use an AL85 as a stealth vape.
I have never had one fail, but I baby my mods and I'm a low wattage vaper.

Ah, but I treat my mine well too. I’ve been vaping on and off for years. Never had a mod fail like that until Smok.

SleeZy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2014
Sweden
View attachment 741709 Here is what ultimately got me off cigarettes the second time around. Cheaper then Smok, and a whole lot tougher. This thing HAS been abused. Knocked off many tables. I stopped using it because of the crap tank it came with, but the mod itself is just fine.

This is what i'm also using whenever i'm out and about and not using my mechs. It's very sturdy for sure although mine has slight issues of having random ohm readings at times however, rebooting it fixes it. And i know it's not the coil due i'm making my own.
I'm still kinda living in the stone age, Nemesis with a kayfun mini is what i've found works best for me.

Tho i'm tempted to buy the purple smok pro color just because of its looks. But at the same time it's kinda wasteful due i'm not a DTL nor subohmer.

Rangertrix

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2013
Collinsville, OK
Ah, but I treat my mine well too. I’ve been vaping on and off for years. Never had a mod fail like that until Smok.
Sounds like just a run of bad luck.
I personally have also had excellent luck with Joyetech, and think they are better built than Smok.
Great economy mods IMHO. Not a big fan of their tanks as some are though.

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
Sounds like just a run of bad luck.
I personally have also had excellent luck with Joyetech, and think they are better built than Smok.
Great economy mods IMHO. Not a big fan of their tanks as some are though.

If it was just me, I’d call it luck. So far, my family has 3 dead Smok mods, and one more dying a slower death. It’s apprently changing settings all on its own. If it was just one or 2 mods this post wouldn’t exist. I’m talking about 4 mods and that’s not even getting into the fact that 50% of their coils die in a day for my Baby tank. And yes, I know how to prime a coil and how to break it in.

• Useful

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
This is what i'm also using whenever i'm out and about and not using my mechs. It's very sturdy for sure although mine has slight issues of having random ohm readings at times however, rebooting it fixes it. And i know it's not the coil due i'm making my own.
I'm still kinda living in the stone age, Nemesis with a kayfun mini is what i've found works best for me.

Tho i'm tempted to buy the purple smok pro color just because of its looks. But at the same time it's kinda wasteful due i'm not a DTL nor subohmer.

It’ll be a great purple paperweight.

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
Not any more problems with Smok than other brands. Nothing to get excited about. Buy what you want, don't let it live in your head. #vapelife

If only. I’m apparently vape tech support for my ex, and frankly I’m afraid NOT to answer his questions for fear of any of his mods blowing up while he had the kids. He isn’t web savvy. One already almost blew with them all in the car. It was the Smok V8. He had to toss it out of the car window. Now he has a Smok alien that allegedly changes settings all on its own. Guess who he calls? It’s not in my head by choice here.

Rangertrix

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2013
Collinsville, OK
If it was just me, I’d call it luck. So far, my family has 3 dead Smok mods, and one more dying a slower death. It’s apprently changing settings all on its own. If it was just one or 2 mods this post wouldn’t exist. I’m talking about 4 mods and that’s not even getting into the fact that 50% of their coils die in a day for my Baby tank. And yes, I know how to prime a coil and how to break it in.
The coils don't surprise me. Lots of people have that issue and if you Google it there are only certain ones that seem to last. I only use the RBAs in mine. I've never even bought one of their coils.
It could be that maybe all of yours came from a facility that had issues, maybe your local shop had gotten clones, maybe being in the same family you all have similar styles and habits, or maybe that I'm the one that has gotten lucky.
Smok is known for having a higher failure rate than most, but also produce more than most.
I think they definitely have more successes than failures, but I have no idea why you have had such bad luck.
It's a question that none of us can answer with any certainty.
Sorry you've ad so many issues. Stick with it, you'll what works for you.

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
The coils don't surprise me. Lots of people have that issue and if you Google it there are only certain ones that seem to last. I only use the RBAs in mine. I've never even bought one of their coils.
It could be that maybe all of yours came from a facility that had issues, maybe your local shop had gotten clones, maybe being in the same family you all have similar styles and habits, or maybe that I'm the one that has gotten lucky.
Smok is known for having a higher failure rate than most, but also produce more than most.
I think they definitely have more successes than failures, but I have no idea why you have had such bad luck.
It's a question that none of us can answer with any certainty.
Sorry you've ad so many issues. Stick with it, you'll what works for you.

I’ll stick with it. Not giving up vaping. Not over my dead Smok anyway. Thankfully, I’ve only spent my money on my mod. The others belonged to my brother and exhusband and they bought theirs on their own. I am tempted however, to have the kids “buy” my exhusband a mod for Father’s Day. When we were together he relied on me for gear. He used what I bought him to. Now that we split he is apparently walking into vape shops and buying whatever Smok product they show him. He then bugs me when something goes wrong. He will never ASK me what to buy. This I know. But if the kids gift him something that is likely to function for longer then a month, perhaps I can end the pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread