Not open for further replies.

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
Just get back together with him already. :blink:

Hell no. There is a reason he is an ex. Once they become ex’s they stay ex’s. I want to talk to him LESS, not MORE. I’m also sure he feels the same way. I am simply the only other regular vaper he knows, and his google skills suck.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
He should be carfull doing that. Throwing a pipe bomb out of a car window could be considered "terrorism".

If the kids weren’t in the car, I could laugh about this. Awful as it is, I admit I would have found amusement in this if not for the kids.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Ugh. I had an ex to interact with long past the due date, he just happened to be my kid's dad.

I'm not sure I'd get interactive with him over vaping but well.... :lol::lol: The kid won't talk to him and changed his name (first and last name) so I STILL get emails about how the kid is doing. It's hard not to type, "Much better than you... and without you..." but that just seems mean. Of course, there is a REASON the kid wanted a parental severance in the end.

Anna

Novasonic

Nov 26, 2013
Ohio, US
If only. I’m apparently vape tech support for my ex, and frankly I’m afraid NOT to answer his questions for fear of any of his mods blowing up while he had the kids. He isn’t web savvy. One already almost blew with them all in the car. It was the smok V8. He had to toss it out of the car window. Now he has a Smok alien that allegedly changes settings all on its own. Guess who he calls? It’s not in my head by choice here.
Call the vapeshop, was it within the 30 day return policy?

• Agree

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
I have an X-Priv. It is doing alright. Although i rarely use it. But i do like their tanks. TFV8 is a pretty decent tank. Works really well. As far as coils go, they die in 2 weeks, which at least i think is normal.

2 weeks would be great! Mine were dying in a day half the time.

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
Well that is a surprise. Fake ones? Or just change where you buy it from? Can't really say what's up with so high failure rates. Just bad voodoo??

Horrid voodoo. I tried from 3 different local vendors and a couple from online. None have a rep for selling fakes. Horrid voodoo for Smok mods as well. Like, one almost blew up with the kids in the car kind of horrid voodoo. So horrid I don’t think it’s voodoo anymore...

• Optimistic

Novasonic

Nov 26, 2013
Ohio, US
Horrid voodoo. I tried from 3 different local vendors and a couple from online. None have a rep for selling fakes. Horrid voodoo for Smok mods as well. Like, one almost blew up with the kids in the car kind of horrid voodoo. So horrid I don’t think it’s voodoo anymore...
Maybe operator error then??

JenJen101

May 8, 2013
Puyallup, WA
Hi I just read about your bad luck with Smok & I’m so sorry! I have “issues” to say the least with well, just about everything lol! I’ve bought at least 15 tanks & once it doesn’t work right after changing the coil-it ends up in the dead vaping supply box.
The one & only brand I can use religiously without any problems is Smok. From my multiple little AL85’s to my Alien 220 mods, to my just received Veneno-I just cannot seem to screw them up, or break them! I also have my older Kangertemm
Touchy subject? Look, I’m not one to say “I’ll never buy xyz again” but I don’t think I’ve ever had such phenomenally bad luck with any other brand before. I’ve got Kanger stuff still going strong after years and years.
j

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
I really like my SMOK Big Baby have 5 of them, not a fan of SMOK coils. I find the Q2 and X4 coils tolerable. I have 4 Alien 220 mods all working great. My only gripe with the Alien is you can not lock just the wattage up/down buttons. Either you lock all on none. Couple times I've hit the Alien at 6 watts or 220 watts. Even my old Kanger mods let me lock wattage adjust buttons.

I've pretty much switched from Big Baby tanks to the Valyrian due to coils. I think the leaking issue with SMOK tanks is mostly if not completely user error. I can make any sub ohm tank leak from the air holes if I misuse them. My only Grip

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY

I really like the TFV8 though I rarely use screw in coils.

The best way to make the TFV8 sing for its super is to use Sense Blazer ceramic coils. I get/got them frpm FT fpr 3 for 10 bucks. They are .6 and at about 75w they are amazing and last a good while. While not as easy to get as Smok they are worth the hunt. They screw right in without any issue.

• Useful

williamclarkonet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2014
Iowa United States
I only had 1 smok product the Alien had it only 2 weeks it worked fine in that time but the paint started to chip really easily so i traded it for something else. I dont "hate" Smok but from what i have read over the years i dont buy them or recommend them to others

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
I'll also add, smok mods are cheap enough for a beginner to experience sub ohm, higher power vaping, to see if that's what they like. And their tanks, though some folks had leaking issues (user error in my opinion) are pretty decent for flavor and large clouds.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Smok Alien 220W has worked well for me. I bought it for dual battery life, but my Eleaf Pico 75W using the same brand and type batteries gives me longer vape time on a single 18650 than the duals in the Alien. I guess the heavy 220W circuitry in the Alien consumes higher power even at 10W.

The two mods I use daily right now are the Eleaf Invoke (dual 18650) and the Hcigar DNA 75 Nano (single 18650). That said, I haven't had issues with Smok reliability, features, or build quality.

Last edited:

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
Smok Alien 220W has worked well for me. I bought it for dual battery life, but my Eleaf Pico 75W using the same brand and type batteries gives me longer vape time on a single 18650 than the duals in the Alien. I guess the heavy 220W circuitry in the Alien consumes higher power even at 10W.

The two mods I use daily right now are the Eleaf Invoke (dual 18650) and the Hcigar DNA 75 (single 18650). That said, I haven't had issues with Smok reliability, features, or build quality.

Its kida hit or miss. Couple years ago my wife and I got matching Alien kits.

I used mine a week or so and wasn't very impressed and gave it to my son and it died on him like a week later.

My wife used her's for a long time and it actually still works but looks kinda rough. Puff counter shows about 60K puffs.

So I can't really call them great or garbage.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Its kida hit or miss. Couple years ago my wife and I got matching Alien kits.

I used mine a week or so and wasn't very impressed and gave it to my son and it died on him like a week later.

My wife used her's for a long time and it actually still works but looks kinda rough. Puff counter shows about 60K puffs.

So I can't really call them great or garbage.

My Smok 200W box mod kept losing the magnets on the side cover. I'd pick them up off the floor and super glue them back on. Finally, the electronics died and I canned it. Smaller mods were coming out at that time and I never missed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread