The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Why is this subforum so dead?

Discussion in 'ECF Vaping Singles' started by adeline, Mar 8, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. jeephigh

jeephigh Moved On

Feb 8, 2013
    @adeline thats to funny. It's not the size of the mod it's how you use it lmao.

2. adeline

adeline Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 15, 2010
    Cary, NC
    So I made up my mind to ask a guy out. Met him a few weeks ago, kind of knew when/where to find him.

Without any specifics... Went there. He was there! I turn around, and he was was gone. Bah! Humbug!

I think he's a smoker anyway. Been there. Done that.

Oh well.

3. SilentScreams

SilentScreams Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 10, 2013
    Cottekill,NY
    I'm not that hard to find. Just check the bushes... And I am not a smoker.

4. Ikeprof

Ikeprof Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 19, 2012
    Mt Clemens, Michigan
    I"m back to playing Rift atm. I think I'm getting too old for this stuff (I started when UO was in Beta) or simply the genre needs something really new. Have burned through pretty much every MMO out there excepting EQI..somehow missed that but picked up with EQ2.

Have yet to meet a "young lady" via that mechanism yet though, but the idea of raiding together on a cold winters friday night speaks to my inner gamer LOL

5. Ikeprof

Ikeprof Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 19, 2012
    Mt Clemens, Michigan
    Oh...and Adee (being forward here), I got my first Drunker tank today in the mail because of you. Simply because of how it's built (being raised in a machine shop as a teen sorta makes me picky towards simple clean mechanical designs) and how it vapes, I ordered 10 more this evening (I like to have a lot of flavors on tap as I do a lot of DIY). The only thing I am debating is putting the top cap (the part that the wicks go through, not the shiny thin piece on top) in a fixture and drilling and tapping a fill hole in the top that I can screw a tiny socket head cap screw fill plug in to make it a cleaner filling procedure.

I can tell already it's going to be SO much nicer to recoil than my other RBA (don't even remember what it is..used it once and was very displeased with how it vaped and just was a crappy design).

In regards to the decidedly IT flavor of this thread, I also am of an IT background though by combining my machinery/manufacturing/controls experience into the whole mix, I am now heavily involved in SCADA systems which is mostly remote PLC's communicating with OPC servers using a modbus protocol via VPN connections over 3/4g LTE then storing the data in a normal MySQL database and rendering it with a Java based presentation layer that allows for a nice suite of reporting, system control and monitoring tools.

And FINALLY, in regards to the last topic of this thread - my exciting PoF profile. Always open to suggestions.

6. jeephigh

jeephigh Moved On

Feb 8, 2013
    @Adeline oh well some one who is going to pull that doesn't deserve you anyway. A few years agao I took a girl out to dinner man it was uncomfortable just didn't connect. She ordered the most expensive dinner she could then said afterwards she wasn't feeling it. The best is when they just stop returning text's no apparent reason. I am not sure why good all fashioned honesty and forwardness is out the door theese days. Should you not be feeling it just say so.

7. xsphat

xsphat Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 24, 2012
    Wisconsin
    I never knew about his subforum until I Googled a pic of a Provari with an Igo-L on it (considering joining the P-cult) and there was sweet adeline's smiling face.

So there's your answer - I've been here for months and JUST found it now. This subforum is buried.

But I'm here now ... lol

8. loxmythe

loxmythe Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

Jun 14, 2010
    pa
    Yay! So happy to see some life in this forum again :)
    Keep your hopes up people - I met my wife here in 2010 and we're doing the happily ever after thing :wub:

Silent scream bummer you don't live closer I can always use a good door tech. I own a commercial door co and its hard to find help.

9. beebopnjazz

beebopnjazz PIF FORUM MODERATOR Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 20, 2010
    PA
    People often put too much weight on the first date - too much pressure. I think a second would be worth it. :)

And yes, Lox and I met here :)

Our 1st wedding was virtual / in the PIF chat room - our real wedding was exactly 1 year later :D

10. NoleintheNati

NoleintheNati Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 24, 2013
    The Planet Ohio
    Some may say it is the third that has the most pressure...jk :D

11. xsphat

xsphat Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 24, 2012
    Wisconsin
    The problem with any date is pressure. People sit there wondering if they're being real enough to not seem fake while being fake enough to be interesting.

12. beebopnjazz

beebopnjazz PIF FORUM MODERATOR Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 20, 2010
    PA
    People nowadays don't wait to get to know each other better before "complicating" things.... if you're actually looking for a relationship try to figure out how you feel about a person ............above the waist ;)

13. BlackChad

BlackChad Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 4, 2011
    Back In Mesa
    This forum definitely doesnt get any traffic because its buried. On top of that, I think another issue is an age discrepancy. I obviously don't have any statistics to back it up, but I would guess a vast, vast majority of people on ECF arent in their 20s. Nothing wrong with that, but people like me probably arent getting with a 50 year old. Plus singles forums tend to turn in to a bunch of guys trying to talk to 3 or 4 girls.

I'm resigned to being eternally single and I'm ok with that right now lol. Going through a mid-life crisis at 26 is fun though :toast:

14. Lowlife

Lowlife Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 15, 2013
    Oklahoma
    38 year old single guy from Oklahoma checking in. lol

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

15. SilentScreams

SilentScreams Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 10, 2013
    Cottekill,NY
    I was ok being eternally single when I was younger. Now that I'm a few years older and have helped raise several children that are not my own, I'm ready to settle down and start a family. Your mind will change eventually, it's inevitable.

As far as age well, 18-80 blind, crippled, and crazy I don't discriminate.

16. BabyFeet

BabyFeet Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 17, 2013
    Hercules, CA
    I would love to see a singles section sprout wings also. (Didn't know that there was one)
    If nothing else, I would like to find some fellow vapers in the Heart of Dixie.
    Alas, because I vape, most of my fellow citizens think I'm a misguided, unwashed heretic, wandering aimlessly in the land of tobacco.
    Would love to find a friend out here in the wilderness.

17. jeephigh

jeephigh Moved On

Feb 8, 2013
    That's to funny, tell me about it Ny is short on girl vapers.

18. forg1vn

forg1vn Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

adeline is single? what is wrong with this world? lol

19. KC Jones

KC Jones Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

The world truly is out of balance... Sigh. I get tired of TN I'm goin to NC... LOL.

20. Cool_Breeze

Cool_Breeze Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 10, 2011
    Kentucky
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.