why not just ship with out nicotine

Status
Not open for further replies.

gr8dane

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama
I think everyone got wrapped around the axle on this, except for Vicks. I believe the OP's intent was that hardware not be packaged with nic carts (blanks or zero nic instead), to get the hardware out of the 'regulated' bucket. This has been discussed before, and would have been a great idea a year ago, but as vicks said, it's too late for that now...mindsets are already in place.

dedmonwakin

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2009
Destin,FL.
It been my understanding that pure Nic can kill you with one drop. I do not have the haz-mat suites or the space in my garage to mix my own nic-juice. If what you're proposing were the new rule, Id have to go back to cigarettes... at least its a slow death.

My best,
-VP
This is from wiki so take it with a grain of salt. Wish I could find more accurate info. Nicotine poisoning - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Anyway, I see where your going with this, and I agree, only if there were an actual U.S. manufacturer of the nic, but unfortunately, there are only US suppliers. I personally don't think it's too late, for this to be done.

I personally don't think the FDA or anyone else in that regards has the grounds to ban the device itself. If this gets banned, then this should too wipe the existence of bongs, bullets, smoking bowls, hookahs, and containers specifically designed to carry illegal substances sold in many smoke shops in the U.S.

The nic liquid, unfortunately, may most likely be deemed illegal to import. But, I just don't see it being illegal to manufacture in the U.S.

Last edited:

Surf Monkey

Cartel Boss
ECF Veteran
May 28, 2009
Sesame Street
The time for a suggestion like this has long passed. As for the devices, the FDA is quite clear about them being medical devices and under FDA purview.

FDA policy isn't set in stone. They're still working on figuring out what regulatory framework to apply to PVs, and even when they finally formulate a clear policy (which they haven't yet) there's no guarantee that the policy will stand.

Surf Monkey

Cartel Boss
ECF Veteran
May 28, 2009
Sesame Street
Good to get your keen insight into the inside workings of the FDA, Surf Monkey, to learn that they really don't mean what they wrote and have told the press. Most of us lack that insider information and have to rely instead on the written and spoken word from the agency.

Your pessimism is always a nice breath of fresh air. It's good to know that someone here has a corner on objective reality.

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Good to get your keen insight into the inside workings of the FDA, Surf Monkey, to learn that they really don't mean what they wrote and have told the press. Most of us lack that insider information and have to rely instead on the written and spoken word from the agency.

Little hard to see that when the FDA has set forth its "inside workings" about the e-cig loud and clear, as TB has pointed out, in the press. Now add also to that the court filings of their pleadings in the SE v. FDA case, and I can not see any "inner workings" that we are unaware of with the FDA. I would highly doubt Counsel for the FDA would state anything contrary to the truth about the FDA's position that are trying to advance that the e-cig is an unpproved drug and medical device delivery system that needs to go though the entire FDA application and approval process.

To plead to the Federal Court one thing and have some "inside workings" going on that are contrary to what the FDA plead is just not realistic.-----Sun

DaBrat

ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
Back end of GA
www.myspace.com
Well it would seem that since JC is the only distributer that touts making their own juice, or having the ability to, they may soon have a monopoly. The issue with the devices, the FDA has pointed out, that they can be use to smoke crack ........ Not sure how that would work since I never touch the stuff....lol. Maybe if they go on to banning the import of juice I'll just go to the corner and find some crack to stick into my PV :-(

Babachoo

Moved On
Apr 17, 2009
as in read the post................buy an e-cig at one store and "nicotine juice" at another(not rocket science)

It's rather rude for you to try and make me look stupid when the thread title says nothing about juice or even carts, it says "with out nicotine", which doesn't take a brain surgeon to infer that he might be talking about nic-free juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread