Not open for further replies.

ppeeble

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Poole UK
Is this true though ?
Historically those who try vaping often go back to cigarettes, i know a lot of people who dual use or vape only sporadically. A lot of smokers find vaping too complicated or not as satisfying as combustible tobacco and need several attempts before a permanent switch. This happened well before the current health scares.
I do not believe any vaper who has a modicum of intelligence would go back to cigarettes unless they wanted to and are using media health issues merely as an excuse.

Georgia Boy

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2019
Atlanta Georgia
I can tell you that here at work two people have gone back to cigarettes in the last month. Neither smoked at all during the last 6 months but because of the BS Media Story's they now don't vape at all.

It doesn't how much I talk to them about what's really going on they will not vape as they are scared.

jandrew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg
I need to see graphs. I like graphs.
giraffe_graph.png

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
At one point they said 95% of people switching to vaping went back to smoking then Juul came along and it became a 50/50 thing.

Some just prefer smoking. A coworker of mine switched to a pipe and pipe tobacco after trying vaping. Some stayed with vaping, others prefer to smoke. None of their decisions were based on the recent vaping drama. One guy said "I just don't dig on smoking vapor". I knew what he meant. It aint for everybody.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
Today at a class for work whenever the instructor gave us a break about 50% of the class went outside. Some young, some not so young.

The young adults all vaped. I was the only not so young vaping. Now about half of the folks that went outside went there just to be outdoors. So out of say, 30 people… just random people who have never met nor share similar social beliefs, about 5 smoked, about 10 vaped and not one had any issues with each other.

I asked about the recent vaping scare and only one person was concerned. He's one of those sky is falling types anyway. He was a smoker btw. The general opinion was that vaping is safe if you buy quality gear and use e-juice from reputable sources. I saw Vaporesso, GeekVape, Smok, Vladdin and no Juuls or big tobacco owned devices.

Oh, one non participant said he joins others outside because "it smells so good near those vaper people". lol

Jwaterski

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2013
OKC, OK
Another non scientific observation, I've been vaping little over 6 years, always vape in the smoking areas at work. When I started, I was usually the only vapor in the crowd. Over the years it changed until it wasn't unusual for there to just be one smoker smoker amoung a small group of vapors. Some of these people I don't know, some are friends. Of the friends I visit with often, one is dedicated smoker, refuses to even try vaping, two are back and forth between smoking and vaping, have been for the last several years, others are now vapors. The one thing I have noticed, the number of smokers has steadily been climbing since all the news of sickness and deaths. Is it related? No idea, guess I should be asking some of the ones that I know used to vape. Breaks are short, gotta waste time visiting with friends though, don't have time to convince someone to go back to vaping;)

chromashadows

Nov 9, 2019
So far I've been cig free since Sept 28,2018 and I positively wont go back.

I work m-f at a factory as a quality assurance person and I chose Sat the 28th to quit. No being at work, I had my bottles of 100% juice (apple and cranberry - not vape. Literal juice) to stop the first week irritability tiredness and so forth, and was going to be at home handling the first two smoke free days.

The 27th I was told I had to work probably 10 to 12 hrs that next day (quit day) to help do entire factory inventory. I was ......, I was debating if I should put off my quit - but I didn't. Already told everyone I knew the 28th was the last day.

One can't reneg on a Self & Friends vow after all. So I grabbed a few small 100% Juices from the gas station had my mod with vape ready to go, had my smoke free app loaded, and went in.

Since we can vape inside the factory I did that. And I did it a LOT. that was the most stressed filled day trying to get all the part counts, numbers matched up etc. My boss and the other coworker smoke like chimneys, so I'd go out with them as they'd take cig breaks and vape.

My point is I quit on THE most stressfilled work day ever and probably got a cig urge twice. Never acted on it. I've been quit since, and because of that day, I knew no matter the stress, I'd never take another puff of any cig. So if flavors are banned I'll buy unflavored juice add flavor to it and bam. No problems.

Nothing and I mean nothing will make me light up again. I do not NEED to. I'm not worried about taking "just one puff". It's the millions of puffs that WILL come after it that I do not want or need. I can easily avoid those by simply never taking another puff. It's that freaking easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread