Why PG over VG ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

capeangler

Dec 8, 2008
I have what might be a stupid question . But here goes :

If some people are sensitve to PG , PG is more expensive , and PG is more difficult to find , and VG produces more Vapor , Why not just use VG? :confused:

I have been vaping for a little while coming up on a year ,and I am going to start making my own juice ,, and want to avoid making a big mistake by using VG and not using PG .

any help will be much appreciated .

Thanks
Cape

capeangler

Dec 8, 2008
Thanks Sun and Solong , I think you both have very good points , I also think that maybe the VG and cause problems with unsealed battery type PV's ,,, I use the Prodigy and the Puresmoker Pass through which are sealed , which should elimainate vg getting to the power plant (Thanks to Spikey for that point of view ) .

I did read today that pg is a by-product of petroleum, I say that not to make an issue about PG ,, I am just noting what I read . Not verifyied by any means.

I do have to say mixing the VG with standard pg formula does lessen the the throat hit , but the amount of vapor is rediculously great. And to be honest I do like the flavor, Maybe it is my imagination but it seems more natural for some reason. I also think that as more high powered PVs come more into play VG will become more popular , My expereince is the atty runs alot cooler with the VG .

It will be interesting to see what others think ,,
Thanks again
Cape

Moonbeat

ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
Magnolia, TX, USA
That's great news to me. See I used to chain smoke at my computer, and now I find I chain vape, which is great...until I start getting a little nauseated just like I used to with normal cigs. I'd feel much better if I was doing some 0 nic vaping when I chain vape, with a few normal 24mg mixed in.

What ratio do you mix your pg to flavor? I'd like to make just enough to try it out, not an entire batch at this time.

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
That's great news to me. See I used to chain smoke at my computer, and now I find I chain vape, which is great...until I start getting a little nauseated just like I used to with normal cigs. I'd feel much better if I was doing some 0 nic vaping when I chain vape, with a few normal 24mg mixed in.

What ratio do you mix your pg to flavor? I'd like to make just enough to try it out, not an entire batch at this time.

Moon--it depends on the brand of flavoring--if you are using Lorann is is 80% to 20% for me. But I add a little high proof grain alcohol to give it a little kick. Remember, that until you get used to no-nic--you are not going to feel much throat hit. I do, only because I have been off nic for a while now. Good flavor though now that my taste buds are alive again!!

Sun

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Whooo...experiments are good! I tried a mix of about 16 drops of PG with one drop of butter rum....nice! The flavor is honestly intense enough that I'm not much missing the throat hit Sun. Once I get my bottles in I might make a batch of this to try further and experiement a little with the ratio.

Thank you!

Moon--you are welcome and enjoy the mixing---who knows, one day you may go no-nic too!!!

Sun

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Is it ok to mix 50/50 PG and VG? Will it produce more vapor then straight PG?
Also is VG sweeter then PG?

sorry for the noob questions, I just want to get into mixing my own also.The premix flavors have been a bit disappointing.

Raven --it is fine to mix the 2--many do and you wll get a little more vapor production--and VG is a hint sweater then PG --

Sun

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
been looking at these msds sheets and what is all the other stuff in there for if its just pg and nic that you need?

like this stuff

04 2,5-DIMETHYLPYRAZINE 0.1% 3272/CoE2210
05 2-ACETYLPYRAZINE
0.2% 3126/22047-25-2/CoE2286
06 LINAL0OL 0.5% 2635/000126-90-9
07 VANILLA EXTRACT
4.4% 008024-06-4

Levi--The other in ingrediants have to do with flavorings---they are all quite common in food favoring use.

Sun

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
ah. i bought a gallon of pg from the local feed store and been mixing it 50/50 with my juice to cut it down. giving me a raspy throat feeling. Did i buy the right stuff i mean its a giant jug that says propylene glycol, u.s.p. and for animal use only keep out of reach of children.

Levi--you did buy the right PG--sounds like you have an allergy to it which is common and should use straight VG--.

Sun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread