Why the Jull is what a new to vaper would want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gahh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Bay Shore LI NY
Well,, Its definitely not the price of the Jull, but I'm thinking the convenience and simplicity of the unit. Finish the .8ml of high mg. nic salt juice, and drop a new one in.
The coil, which is silica, never gets the chance to gunk up or change flavor from be coming spent.
Which is what I believe about all the coil tank systems I use. After 2ml of juice through an Eleaf GS coil, the flavor changes up. Even more so with the sweet juice I like which is prone to gunking up the coil and cotton quickly.
Many might not have the time or patience and/or skill to rebuild a coil, let alone a tiny coil like the Eleaf GS, or an Innokin Goby coil. But learning the hobby of coil rebuilding keeps the vape tasting & working great.
Thanks to the Nr-R-NR welded coil wires fasttech have in many ohm ranges, coil building is much more accurate to the designated ohm build your looking for.
Now I know I heard so many say how one coil lasts them a week if not more, but I can't get more than 5ml of juice through a coil and be satisfied with the vape quality it had when it was freshly re-built.
Just figured to share my take on using a fresh coil daily.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Gahh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Bay Shore LI NY
Just got finished rebuilding my CuAIO Joyetech coil with an MKWS 316L 0.8 ohm coil with an I/S diameter of 3mm, wrapped with 1/4" wide strip of AOLVAPE 100% organic cotton.
Now it works like a mouth to lung tank.
So many youtube videos described the Joyetech CuAIO to be a good MTL set up. THAT WAS NOT TRUE. Not until the right coil is in place...…..
If there's anyone out there who enjoys re-building stock coils, the welded NR-R-NR wires are a must. They give you the ohm build your looking for, They save the bottom rubber insulater from getting burned and destroyed,, And the they vape up a nice flavor...
All for 2 and half cents a piece.
$2.49 Authentic MKWS NR-R-NR Resistance Wire for RBA Atomizers (100-Pack) - 30 AWG / 0.25mm dia./0.25mm dia. / 0.8ohm / 120mm/pc at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
This is the 0.8 ohm coil. The MKWS coils come in, 0.5 - 0.8 - 1.0 & 1.5 ohm. And they come in a tube which keeps them neat & easily handy.

Last edited:

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2017
UK
Just got finished rebuilding my CuAIO Joyetech coil with an MKWS 316L 0.8 ohm coil with an I/S diameter of 3mm, wrapped with 1/4" wide strip of AOLVAPE 100% organic cotton.
Now it works like a mouth to lung tank.
So many youtube videos described the Joyetech CuAIO to be a good MTL set up. THAT WAS NOT TRUE. Not until the right coil is in place...…..
If there's anyone out there who enjoys re-building stock coils, the welded NR-R-NR wires are a must. They give you the ohm build your looking for, They save the bottom rubber insulater from getting burned and destroyed,, And the they vape up a nice flavor...
All for 2 and half cents a piece.
$2.49 Authentic MKWS NR-R-NR Resistance Wire for RBA Atomizers (100-Pack) - 30 AWG / 0.25mm dia./0.25mm dia. / 0.8ohm / 120mm/pc at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
This is the 0.8 ohm coil. The MKWS coils come in, 0.5 - 0.8 - 1.0 & 1.5 ohm. And they come in a tube which keeps them neat & easily handy.
Tl;dr: The CuAIO taught me to ignore be rather careful when it comes to YT review(er)s.

That's interesting - well done on the rebuild. I had a tough time with the CuAIO and agree that it's not MTL - not by a long shot. The stock coils run hot & need open airflow. No thanks!

Do your rebuilds let you close the airflow off a bit?

Gahh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Bay Shore LI NY
Tl;dr: The CuAIO taught me to ignore be rather careful when it comes to YT review(er)s.

That's interesting - well done on the rebuild. I had a tough time with the CuAIO and agree that it's not MTL - not by a long shot. The stock coils run hot & need open airflow. No thanks!

Do your rebuilds let you close the airflow off a bit?
Yes...
But I'm thinking to try a 2.5mm wrap to get it a bit tighter next build.
The Nr-R-Nr welded wires are a big help.
Remember not to slam the built coil all the way into the coil head. Leave an 1/8" to 1/4" space from the bottom up from the positive pin so the air flow can come up from the bottom. And I reuse the chimney cap thats at the top of the coil so as to have the coil work as was designed to.
On another note,,, the CuAio has a great feature that many mods don't have. While the CuAIO is off,,, hold the fire button down till it flashes amber. This sets the power going to the coil at a consistant rate. Other wise you'll be getting whatever power the battery has at the moment of use, and declines as the battery is used up!!!!

Gahh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Bay Shore LI NY
Not going to recommend juul to anyone until they produce pods that allow a path to quitting myself. Also I’d like to know a lot more about the effects of nic salts. I don’t trust juul at all.
As for any long term effects of nic salt, I don't know. But I do know that the higher mg levels of nicotine satisfy any urge for a cigarette. Also that the nic salt has a much more smoother hit.
When I first learned the specs on the Jull, I tried some high mg base nicotine, and at 24mg it tasted horrid as well as the hit was chocking.
For a smoker looking to satisfy the nicotine craving, nic salt is very helpful.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
As for any long term effects of nic salt, I don't know. But I do know that the higher mg levels of nicotine satisfy any urge for a cigarette. Also that the nic salt has a much more smoother hit.
When I first learned the specs on the Jull, I tried some high mg base nicotine, and at 24mg it tasted horrid as well as the hit was chocking.
This merely proves my point. You want to increase the nicotine beyond what you would normally be able to tolerate. How pray tell is this a good thing?its certainly a more addictive thing but that is not the same as good.

• Agree

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
What Juul created makes a lot of sense. In 2014, a study said that...

"this study supports the need for higher levels of nicotine-containing liquids (approximately 50 mg/ml) in order to deliver nicotine more effectively and approach the nicotine-delivery profile of tobacco cigarettes."

One year later, Pax/Juul created a product that filled this purpose. It worked very well for me. I transitioned from cigarettes to the Juul pretty easily.

I do wish that they would offer at least one step down. When I quit my subscription, I asked Juul to offer 25mg/ml. If 25mg/ml had been available from Juul, I likely wouldn't have gone looking for another product.

srep04133_Page_1.jpg

Major2829

Jun 12, 2018
South Florida

If you’re trying to quit smoking, then you need to treat a vaporizer like you would a cigarette. You wouldn’t smoke a cigarette in your office, maybe not in your car, not in the house, etc. You should only vape when you would normally smoke. The issue I see is people vape everywhere. Inside, outside, restaurants, airplanes. You’re actually taking in more nicotine that you would smoking a cigarette. As we all know, nicotine is very addicting, So I’m guessing the more you take in, the greater the cravings are. I use my Juuls during the day. At night I switch to my SMPO or Breeze because they have less nicotine and I don’t want to be jacked up all night.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
If you’re trying to quit smoking, then you need to treat a vaporizer like you would a cigarette. You wouldn’t smoke a cigarette in your office, maybe not in your car, not in the house, etc. You should only vape when you would normally smoke. The issue I see is people vape everywhere. Inside, outside, restaurants, airplanes. You’re actually taking in more nicotine that you would smoking a cigarette. As we all know, nicotine is very addicting, So I’m guessing the more you take in, the greater the cravings are. I use my Juuls during the day. At night I switch to my SMPO or Breeze because they have less nicotine and I don’t want to be jacked up all night.

Ohmigod. What is that? Eighth post? We get it. You’re deeply in love with the worlds most despised e-cigarette product. It’s like watching “thank you for smoking” in real life.
Lotta shoulds in there

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
If you’re trying to quit smoking, then you need to treat a vaporizer like you would a cigarette. You wouldn’t smoke a cigarette in your office, maybe not in your car, not in the house, etc.
Eh? I smoked in all those places.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I reluctantly place the Juul in the harm reduction category but not by MUCH. It's certainly beloved by a certain subsection of vapers who can afford it, who like it, and it is PROBABLY safer than smoking, but honestly, it has its issues.
1) Cost
2) Currently VERY high level of benzoic acid nic salts, which would not be my preferred way to convert nic salts.
3) Proprietary meaning ONLY they know what "things" they can add to "increase flavor" would probably be the way I would put it, although for all *I* know, they may be fine, but I certainly can't tell as they are PROPRIETARY. I for sure know what I'm putting in my DIY creations.
4) Flimsy, low power (probably the reason they can get away with a 50 mg/ml concentration.
5) May lock in a new vaper to a closed pod system (although I guess you can get cloned empty pods now) but a new vaper won't know this OR have access to the many nice things about vaping, like variety, ability to adjust wattage levels, decreased cost, etc.
6) Finally, my son quit vaping, got stressed, and returned to vaping via a Juul. He quit with a sub0hm device. With the Juul he had a bear of a time, and actually has FINALLY returned to a sub0hm device, but it was much harder for him to even get back to THERE.

Nic level does matter, and a super high nic level MAY make sense if struggling with cigarette use (bumping up my nic has certainly helped ME, that's for sure, as I transition away from cigarettes the second time, but that is under MY control and desire and no one else's. Etc.

I'm not saying the Juul is bad, necessarily but it is NOT cheap, and can keep users locked in to a "certain" way to vape, I'm not sure that's a good thing at all.

However, I continue to reluctantly place it on the harm reduction "spectrum" because it is, indeed, better than smoking.

I do not believe it is the "best" device to quit smoking, but frankly, it is really up to the person. But, I'll never be a Juul apologist, to say the least.

Anna

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

There are Many Ways to Quit Smoking. At what works for One Person may not work for Another.

Nicotine Isn't the Only component of a Smoking Addiction. And when one switches to e-Cigarettes, they No Longer get all the Wonderful (and Addictive) added Chemicals that are in Cigarette Tobacco. They Also do Not get the Cornucopia of Chemicals that are formed when Tobacco (and those Added Chemicals) is burned.

There is Also one of the Biggest Hurdles when it comes to Any Addiction. And that is the Psychological Addiction.

So using a JUUL with High mg/ml Nicotine Salts only where one smoked may work Great for One Person. But it could be Completely Ineffective for the next.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Still cheaper than smoking commercial cigs in most places. Substantially cheaper than smoking in jurisdictions with high cig taxes.

2) Currently VERY high level of benzoic acid nic salts, which would not be my preferred way to convert nic salts.
Depends what you're trying to accomplish. If you wanna kill TH, pretty much any acid will work to reduce freebase nic's alkalinity, which is what seems to be responsible for the TH. But Juul's salt patent strongly implies that benzoic acid salt was the one that produced the fastest uptake / nic hit, and the only one that resulted in plasma nic levels that rose at a rate comparable to smoking an actual cigarette.

3) Proprietary meaning ONLY they know what "things" they can add to "increase flavor" would probably be the way I would put it, although for all *I* know, they may be fine, but I certainly can't tell as they are PROPRIETARY. I for sure know what I'm putting in my DIY creations.
How is that different than any other commercial e-liquid that one might buy? The only way to know what's really in your e-liquid is to DIY, and even then, one generally doesn't know what's really in the flavoring concentrates.

4) Flimsy, low power (probably the reason they can get away with a 50 mg/ml concentration.
I never had the impression a Juul was flimsy. It's small and lightweight enough that I think it would survive being dropped or even throw across the room better than most heavier mods would. Low power, yes. That's an inevitable consequence of the small form-factor, but that small form-factor is a feature that many cigarette smokers find very appealing.

5) May lock in a new vaper to a closed pod system (although I guess you can get cloned empty pods now) but a new vaper won't know this OR have access to the many nice things about vaping, like variety, ability to adjust wattage levels, decreased cost, etc.
Meh, if it gets then over the hump of quitting cigarettes, they can always move on to better gear.

I'm not sure why I'm defending Juul. I bought one when they were brand new to the market because I was curious. I decided pretty quickly that it wasn't really my thing, but I was already off of cigs for a year and a half at that point, and more-or-less set in my MTl squonking ways. I even opened up a few pods and cut the liquid down to my usual strength and proceeded to vape it in one of my normal mods, just to see if it would give me the instant kick that cigs used to first thing in the morning. It didn't.

No, wait, I do know why I'm defending Juul. Choice and freedom thereof. It may not be the right choice for you or me, but it might just be for some people, and Juul's success in the marketplace indicates that it is! Choice is good.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I think I started my post with "I think the Juul should be on the market."

I was just discussing its downsides, for me. LOL.
I think we should all accept that there's no wrong way to vape. DL-huffing low-nic juice at 3-digit wattages isn't for me either, but I'm aware it works for some people while traditional, moderate power and nic levels did not. I think the Juul style of vaping really high nic levels at really low power levels is equally valid. A person should use whatever works for them, and we're all different.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
I'm definitely not into JUUL but I can see where it would help someone with not smoking with all that nicotine. However, it may deliver more nicotine than most smokers get from cigarettes so could add to addiction. It is also not today a cost effective way switch but would be convenient for people that just want to puff on a device. Not much to learn and not much effort to use.

There are refillable pod systems and plenty of high Nicotine salt in commercial juice that would cost much less.

Most of the people I know that use JUUL are dual users. Smoking and JUUL, they use JUUL where it is not easy to grab a smoke. Doesn't produce much visible vapor and can sneak a vape with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread