Why the Jull is what a new to vaper would want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der
You want to increase the nicotine beyond what you would normally be able to tolerate. How pray tell is this a good thing?its certainly a more addictive thing but that is not the same as good.

total agreement ! people use to freak when i told them i started out on 24mg,(9 yrs ago)
why the hell are they pumping so much nic into their system unnecessarily
seems its like a pissing contest !!

just because you can wear yoga pants,doesn't mean you should

• Agree
Reactions: Izan

Major2829

Jun 12, 2018
South Florida
The throat hit and choking is what turns a lot of people off of vaping in the beginning. If juul is a way for people to get off cigarettes then that is a good thing. Instead of comparing it to other types of vape products, compare it to cigarettes which are the #1 cause of preventable death.

When I first tried the Juul I thought I was going to choke to death. It felt nothing like smoking. Over time, and after trying different products, I tried again and it wasn’t horrible. I will say that there are certain flavors that are still very harsh, and I find those to be the fruity-desserty pods. The one that I have gravitated towards using only is the Virginia tobacco. I have not tried the “regular” tobacco flavor yet.

With regards to cost, I find the Juul MUCH less expensive than cigarettes. It takes me days to go through one pod. I’m on the auto-delivery of 2 boxes of pods (8 total) to be plenty for me. With auto-delivery and free shipping, the boxes are $33 a month. I was going through a box of regulars every 2 days. At $6-7 a box, that is over $100 a month.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
Being new to the modern vape system(s) I went to a chain store to try some flavors. To my surprise, there was a high count of foot traffic at this mall based store and the vast majority were in there for cartridge refills.

Rather than judge another persons preference, I marveled at all of the people coming in there to purchase their choice of non tobacco smoking products. The cigarette store clerk next door was lonely.

So yeah, maybe Juul isn't the way to go for many, but I personally saw about 25 people in about as many minutes walk past a cigarette store and into a vape store.

Major2829

Jun 12, 2018
South Florida
This will be interesting. If there are high sales, that means many adults are trying to kick the habit.

Attachments

• F22482BF-0291-48C4-B16E-BC984FCDFA12.jpeg
    F22482BF-0291-48C4-B16E-BC984FCDFA12.jpeg
    356.3 KB · Views: 16

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
If you’re trying to quit smoking, then you need to treat a vaporizer like you would a cigarette. You wouldn’t smoke a cigarette in your office, maybe not in your car, not in the house, etc. You should only vape when you would normally smoke.
I agree up to a point. But consider for a moment if someday smoking was banned everywhere other than the North Pole. Now I have a serious issue. :-x

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
However, it may deliver more nicotine than most smokers get from cigarettes so could add to addiction. It is also not today a cost effective way switch but would be convenient for people that just want to puff on a device. Not much to learn and not much effort to use.
Would it shock you to learn that nicotine alone isn't addictive? But nicotine including anabasine-nornicotine-anatabine-cotinine-myosmine-acetaldehyde-and-who-knows-what-else found in cigarettes is highly additive.

Nicotine, the Wonder Drug? | DiscoverMagazine.com

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
When I first tried the Juul I thought I was going to choke to death. It felt nothing like smoking. Over time, and after trying different products, I tried again and it wasn’t horrible. I will say that there are certain flavors that are still very harsh, and I find those to be the fruity-desserty pods. The one that I have gravitated towards using only is the Virginia tobacco. I have not tried the “regular” tobacco flavor yet.

With regards to cost, I find the Juul MUCH less expensive than cigarettes. It takes me days to go through one pod. I’m on the auto-delivery of 2 boxes of pods (8 total) to be plenty for me. With auto-delivery and free shipping, the boxes are $33 a month. I was going through a box of regulars every 2 days. At $6-7 a box, that is over $100 a month.

I just stumbled into this thread so I'm not up to date on every comment that has been made, but I do want to point out that there are a bunch of different people here who have come to vaping from many different paths. I can see that reflected in the opinions expressed in the posts that I have already managed to read. Your comment earlier about an Apple/Android debate is spot on. It's easy for us to forget that the best device is the one that works for you, and the best way to vape is the way that keeps you from smoking. I don't use the JUUL myself and I don't think that I ever will for various reasons, but congratz on making it work for you and good luck staying off the cigs.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
I live near an Army base and a university. The vast majority of people buying Juul type items in a vape chain store were young soldiers and college students. There were a couple of crumudgens like me as well. The dreadlock type all went to the mod counter and sampled from double fuel cell devices.

The proprietors won't let you past the door without an ID. Nope, it's the local gas stations who let kids spend their allowance on e-cigs and spice where I live. The kind that sell rolling papers and glass pipes. Shame on those folks imo.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
That kind of makes sense in a way. If I wanted to vape similarly to how I was allowed to have smoke breaks, well, I'd probably buy something like a Juul at least for work times.

I am not suggesting that none of the dreadlocked don't have jobs, but they may have jobs where vaping on the job is less frowned upon, or even noted.

At my new job I will be getting zero smoke breaks (and I actually don't really want anyone knowing I am a vaper) so that's what my snus is for. It works rather awesomely well and probably will even more so as I finish training and spend more time actually working on the job.

I used to work where like half or more of the office vaped inside, but like that was a while ago and it was my own private office.

I also don't like the idea that vaping would be frowned upon equally to smoking, but like, I just sort of don't really want/need anyone to know that I'm a vaper, I mean it's a PCP clinic for pediatrics and I get the culture, but I will note, I didn't even see a SMOKING area to vape in and that's okay.... I mean, I dislike the stigma but I also just don't want to get into it and snus in some ways is easier, and I will have the comfort of knowing my nicotine supply is NEVER going to run out now, etc. Snus is pretty inexpensive for what you get. Once I can afford it, I'm going to import a large supply from Sweden, etc. But General will work just fine for the present.

Anna

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
This is the thread you want and the folks on it are awesomely helpful: What's under your lip/in your nose right now? - Part 2

I have dentures so I couldn't tell you. Nothing stains my "teeth." However, from using it I have to say would NOT expect it to, it's not really even like chewing tobacco, it's just this sort of pouch you can place in your mouth wherever.

There are now American snus makers, I have no idea whether that would stain your teeth or not, but the Swedish stuff is processed and generally considered a really great form of harm reduction. The only Swedish stuff sold here is under the name "General," and it is 8 mg per piece. I have found patches and lozenges to be ungodly expensive and not as useful, as I believe that Snus also contains the alkaloids, and etc. It's also like 3 bucks for a tin with a lot of pieces in it.

Do not expect to love the taste when you are starting out, although some Swedish snus (a poster on that thread sent me some higher octane stuff to try) at least the flavor I tried (rasberry) was super pleasant, it kind of tastes like English breakfast tea to me. It's also 20 mg which lasts me a few hours. I prefer WTA in my vape, so snus is kind of perfect. I find the "white" flavor least offensive so far, but probably by piece 3 I could deal with the taste better (my brain will associate effect with taste, like pavlov's dogs). It also will give you some saliva promotion which I appreciate since I have chronically dry mouth and there's only so many lozenges you can eat in a day. Etc.

Anna

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
Hey @Major2829 I saw a new review from Zophie today about a device that takes JUUL pods. It appears to take others as well, and it comes with its own refillable pod style tank. I haven't checked around on prices or vendors yet but it looks pretty good for people who want to use a JUUL:

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Hey @Major2829 I saw a new review from Zophie today about a device that takes JUUL pods. It appears to take others as well, and it comes with its own refillable pod style tank. I haven't checked around on prices or vendors yet but it looks pretty good for people who want to use a JUUL:
They run around 54 bucks and are also compatible with Phix pods. What is nice, this pod system also has a 510, so it is compatible with 510 attys too. :)

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
They run around 54 bucks and are also compatible with Phix pods. What is nice, this pod system also has a 510, so it is compatible with 510 attys too. :)

There is another mod kind of like this that I know of. It is larger with a longer battery life (2400 mAh) and it has been out longer, so it's going to be available at a lower price even though it's a better device:

Limitless Marquee Starter Kit with Pod Adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread