Why the switch to 80 + watts over the old low 8 watts standard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Phoenix II

Moved On
Jun 12, 2019
I wanna know cus I missed the E-cig News on the topic. Why when you used to use a variable voltage mod that had a max of 8 watts or the vape would get too hot did they decide they needed ecigs that worked on 80 plus watts?

WHY? Whats the rational behind the change? - Don't you think it's Overkill to crank up the watts needlessly? .. and now these garbage ecigs that seek to choke you are all you can find..

Someone explain all the details on who did this and why please.. leave nothing out. Thanks.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Whats the rational behind the change?
Cloudz, bro!

Seriously: The amount of power required depends on the atomizer and the coil/wick in it. Some of the atomizers people use these days wouldn't make any vapor at all with just 8 watts of power.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
For myself mtl frustrated me and was about to give on vaping when I learned about dl, the STM literally is the sole reason I was able to quit. I don’t vape at 80w but for the draw I prefer 8w would never have satisfied me. Subjectivity is a beautiful interesting thing in my eyes and will always be grateful for those that push the boundaries. The vaping forums would bore me to tears if we all shared the same vape style. I would not have joined any of them if that were the case.

John Phoenix II

Moved On
Jun 12, 2019
Cloudz, bro!

Seriously: The amount of power required depends on the atomizer and the coil/wick in it. Some of the atomizers people use these days wouldn't make any vapor at all with just 8 watts of power.

I get that some people want a choice.. but why then Take Away the other choices? It seems they are forcing ecigs on people that give way too much vape and that cannot be healthy. 8 watts was rough enough and it was enough yes because VG makes the clouds not the wattage. They should have regulated down in wattage if anything not up! - But WHY take away my preferred Choice? Thats what I don't understand. Someone or some group has pushed for this and it's not for our benefit they did so.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I get that some people want a choice.. but why then Take Away the other choices? It seems they are forcing ecigs on people that give way too much vape and that cannot be healthy. 8 watts was rough enough and it was enough yes because VG makes the clouds not the wattage. They should have regulated down in wattage if anything not up! - But WHY take away my preferred Choice? Thats what I don't understand. Someone or some group has pushed for this and it's not for our benefit they did so.
I don't think it takes away your choice. Most of those mods can be turned down to 5 watts or so. It's kinda like driving a fast car. Just because it can go 150 mph doesn't mean you have to.

CublalaLand

Moved On
Jun 26, 2019
I don't exactly know the history, but Mods increased wattage when the li-ion batteries improved and could output higher Amperage. There are still rebuildables you could use, MTL RTA's where you build your own coils and still use an 8w setting. I use an 18w build in my subtank mini. Pre-made coils at wattage that low are hard to find, and imo don't perform very well.

I was just going to mention that if you're vaping the same juice at 80w that you were at 8w, that's going to be a problem. The VG/PG, nic, and flavoring ratios are probably way off.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio

How is that taking away your choice? They’re variable. Turn the watts down.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I don’t understand how you think your choices were taken away. There are many small low wattage devices available, you can even still find the 10W and 20w eleaf isticks.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
With ALL due respect ... your preferred CHOICE for vaping exists in tons of mods and atty's.

People who vape WANT options... many options. I do and I can very confidently state most if not everyone here does too. I don't vape high wattages but I know many who do ... and I have never had any issue with that. Never even thought about it. Why do you???

The people who pushed for big cloud options are YOUR fellow vapers. That's not rocket science...it is truth. Many are ECF members. Fact. They wanted OPTIONS to suit their style of vaping. That is AWESOME in my opinion.

What is the problem with satisfying the needs of your fellow vapers???
Why are you trying to force an 8 watt vaping limit on all???
I do not understand your thinking.

Can you please tell us WHO took your CHOICE away??? I am not understanding where you are coming from and I do suspect others don't either. No one took your choice away. :confused:

I can go to any online vape shop, as well as local shops, AND find your preferred choice within minutes. Why can't you???

Help us understand why YOU are so against anyone who chooses, by their own right, to vape 80+ watts (seeing as you picked that #). I see no problem. Options are a big win for ALL.

Cheers!!! ;)

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON

DNA 250C board:

Max = 400 watts (depending on the amount of cells used)
Min = 1 watt.

Seems to me low wattage vaping was not removed but expanded upon to allow a much wider range of usage. Now think of the run time a 3 cell device would get if operating at <8 watts

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana

You could get a Kanger Pro Tank II that can use 1.8ohm, 2.2ohm, and 2.5ohm coil heads. It would run fine at 8W. Or less. I'm sure there are others, that's the only one I'm familiar with.

They didn't take away your choice, it's still available. They just added some new options for people who wanted them. There are members on ECF who vape in the range you prefer. I vape at 10 or 12 W.

Genuine Kanger™ Protank 2 Glassomizer

Coils

Kanger™ ProTank, eVod and Unitank Replacement Coils - MT32 (5 pack)

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
You could get a Kanger Pro Tank II that can use 1.8ohm, 2.2ohm, and 2.5ohm coil heads. It would run fine at 8W. Or less. I'm sure there are others, that's the only one I'm familiar with.
Hah! Those were what got me over the hump of that one last cigarette a day. But there are so many better choices now.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
You can have what you want by a) turning down your wattage and enjoying much longer battery life by using less powerful batteries with more run time,

There are plenty of overpriced underpowered things on the market with shoddy construction. But I'm sorry I'm not like, doing your research for you.

If you got a pico kit, the tank is probably way too cloudy for you. Buy a perfectly good MTL tank (I suggest a Nautilus 2S tank ,with the 1.8 coil and not too much airflow open and I think you will be Quite Fine.

There are many of us who vape in your wattage range, we just do our homework.

Anna

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
With ALL due respect ... your preferred CHOICE for vaping exists in tons of mods and atty's.

People who vape WANT options... many options. I do and I can very confidently state most if not everyone here does too. I don't vape high wattages but I know many who do ... and I have never had any issue with that. Never even thought about it. Why do you???

The people who pushed for big cloud options are YOUR fellow vapers. That's not rocket science...it is truth. Many are ECF members. Fact. They wanted OPTIONS to suit their style of vaping. That is AWESOME in my opinion.

What is the problem with satisfying the needs of your fellow vapers???
Why are you trying to force an 8 watt vaping limit on all???
I do not understand your thinking.

Can you please tell us WHO took your CHOICE away??? I am not understanding where you are coming from and I do suspect others don't either. No one took your choice away. :confused:

I can go to any online vape shop, as well as local shops, AND find your preferred choice within minutes. Why can't you???

Help us understand why YOU are so against anyone who chooses, by their own right, to vape 80+ watts (seeing as you picked that #). I see no problem. Options are a big win for ALL.

Cheers!!! ;)

100%!

Every so often, it seems we get someone who goes off the deep end because some company has the unmitigated gall to make vape gear they don’t like!

Some months back, one person went on a rant about purple and rainbow. How dare they make girlie gear!!! It’s not like women vape or something!

How hard is it, really, for some people to live and let live? If you don’t like it, don’t buy it. It’s just that simple.

Electrodave

LPV
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2015
Denver, CO
www.electrostring.com
100%!

Every so often, it seems we get someone who goes off the deep end because some company has the unmitigated gall to make vape gear they don’t like!

Some months back, one person went on a rant about purple and rainbow. How dare they make girlie gear!!! It’s not like women vape or something!

How hard is it, really, for some people to live and let live? If you don’t like it, don’t buy it. It’s just that simple.
I have purple mods, rainbow tanks, and I vape BVC 1.6/1.8ohm coil heads at 7W. Direct to lung.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread