why your V2 sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

anim8r

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2009
DC

Ok, I'll bite.

Don't you want a voltage reduction in the V2? to get it to that sweet spot of 5V?

But, I seriously doubt the conductivity matters as much as you think with this small of a scale. When you're talking issues with conductivity per meter... Sure, I'll give you that.

But when you're measuring actual resistance across inches of very thin walled material and the fact that my stainless has yet to start tarnishing, it's seems any perceived loss would be negligible at best.

And we all know how much tarnish effects brass and aluminum conductivity when it comes to our PVs. So far my v1.1 hasn't needed a .... to adaptor cleaning and polishing in the 3 weeks I've had it. I can't say that for any of my other mods.

Then there's the huge reduction in actual raw materials used in producing the V2 compared to other units.

Still, kind of a moot point if you're getting somewhere close to the 5V mark on a V2. Which (afaik), is what it was designed for.

JMHO

jova3

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
El Paso currently
I thought I saw something posted somewhere to the effect that the Prodigy V2 has discontinued. Is that correct?

they've moved on to the v2.1. it's a 3.7v thing. same thing as the V2, except the tube has been bored out to fit a single 3.7v battery. they're going with 3.7v and low resistance atomizers. -that's what i know

what i believe that'll do is, you'll have less power going to your atty, but you'll be using a LR atty, so it doesn't need as much power. so you're getting the same bang with lower voltage.

i'm no electrical engineer, so correct me if i'm wrong.

chev327fox

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2010
Nowheresville, ME

YOU OBVIOUSLY DON"T KNOW HOW THEY WORK!!!

The positive current is brought up to the coil in the atty by the BRASS in the middle of the device and atty!!! The negative runs back through the Stainless Steel, thus the Stainless Steel body does not affect the electrical current.

The reason of the 5v is the "Titanium" washer in the switch and the very small amount of stainless in the switch, but most of the positive current runs through BRASS!!

Yes they suck....

Please PM me for my address to properly dispose of them once and for all !!!

And "NO" they don't suck... they are one of the best built devices on the market once you get past the switch problem.
(which I have, just go to my thread): http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/puresmoker/86009-still-haveing-v2-switch-problems.html

Last edited:

OmahaVapor

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
Omaha, NE
I think its a little harsh to say it sucks IMO. Yea it had switch problems but the new switch fixes those issues. I used my V2 for a few weeks and then I stripped the threads on it. That MY fault. It has been sitting in my basement as I wait to be able to order a new adapter for it. When I did use it I loved it. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. If it sucks so bad as you say it does Ill take it off your hands no problem. Its well built and built better than a lot of other HV mods on the market today. Thats my 2 cents on this. They put a lot of time and effort I think in making sure they have a quality and fair priced USA built PV.

schaedj

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2009
The 'Burgh
YOU OBVIOUSLY DON"T KNOW HOW THEY WORK!!!

The positive current is brought up to the coil in the atty by the BRASS in the middle of the device and atty!!! The negative runs back through the Stainless Steel, thus the Stainless Steel body does not affect the electrical current.

The reason of the 5v is the "Titanium" washer in the switch and the very small amount of stainless in the switch, but most of the positive current runs through BRASS!!

And "NO" they don't suck... they are one of the best built devices on the market once you get past the switch problem.
(which I have, just go to my thread): http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/puresmoker/86009-still-haveing-v2-switch-problems.html

Sorry, I don't own a V2, or have plans to own one, but I couldn't let this bit of misinformation pass...

An electrical Circuit is just that, a circuit. Every component of the circuit matters, whether it is before or after the desired load point in the circuit. If you put a resistor in front of the atty (positive side) or behind the atty (negative side), it has exactly the same effect on the the whole circuit, of which the aty is a component. Since the atty is a resistor, and the body is a resistor, at least a portion of your battery energy is going toward heating up the tube. Since stainless is not extremely resistive, and the circuit is overall low amperage, you lose battery life and deliverable current to the atomizer, but the tube doesn't even get warm to the touch.

brandon555

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2010
Wisconsin
Sorry, I don't own a V2, or have plans to own one, but I couldn't let this bit of misinformation pass...

An electrical Circuit is just that, a circuit. Every component of the circuit matters, whether it is before or after the desired load point in the circuit. If you put a resistor in front of the atty (positive side) or behind the atty (negative side), it has exactly the same effect on the the whole circuit, of which the aty is a component. Since the atty is a resistor, and the body is a resistor, at least a portion of your battery energy is going toward heating up the tube. Since stainless is not extremely resistive, and the circuit is overall low amperage, you lose battery life and deliverable current to the atomizer, but the tube doesn't even get warm to the touch.

I guess that explains why two 750 mah batteries only last me a day.

Parky50

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Yes they suck....

Please PM me for my address to properly dispose of them once and for all !!! ;)

Uhhhhh chev327fox... That was written as sarcasm.
176.gif

Surf Monkey

Cartel Boss
ECF Veteran
May 28, 2009
Sesame Street
Wait untill your adapter threads strip,not cross threaded just stripped then you are SOL :(

Agreed. This has happened to me twice now. I don't know why this wasn't an issue with the V1 and is an issue with the V2, but it's incredibly frustrating, as is waiting for the stainless adapters to come in stock.

timothymass

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
Springfield, Mo
my threads on the adapter were screwed from the get go my atomizer leaned to the side and was never centered and within two months i had a completely stripped adapter. Also my atomizer shorted out as a result of the threads and it melted the switch. But other than those problems it is a farely good product not any where near the quality of the protege.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread