The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

wick question

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Atomizer Systems' started by chrisaphrenia, Nov 16, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Can jute be used as a wick? Just found a spool and I was curious if its usable.

2. Jjshbetz11

Jjshbetz11 Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 15, 2013
    Ohio
    1, what is jute? 2, what's it made of?

3. State O' Flux

State O' Flux Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 17, 2013
    Seattle
    There are a boatload of different types of "jute". Something tells me your jute twine wouldn't be one of the jute materials that would be workable for wicking. But hey... give it a shot and report back. ;-)

4. pdib

pdib Registered Supplier - Offline ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2012
    I've used jute yarn from the drugstore. boil it and rinse first. it has a woodsy flavor. The flavor mellows quite a bit with a coupla' ten toots; but persists. I found it to be VERY good with tobaccos (NETs in my case). Go for it! :)

5. Boiled it, letting it dry overnight but safe to say.......negative.

6. pdib

pdib Registered Supplier - Offline ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2012
    I'm not here to sell anybody on jute. I don't even use it regularly myself (as fun as it was for a bit). But I'm quite sure that, as is the case with cotton and hemp, not just any jute will work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.