wick shears/cotton cutters/rayon reapers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moezso

Nov 19, 2017
I see I'm not the only one that likes to use too much tool for his rebuilding.

Quality snips for a quality rebuildable life.
I use these as well. I believe they're called IT snips (at least they were where I bought them). Had them for years, super handy, they'll cut damn near anything.

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
I've tried a few styles of Scissors for cutting Cotton. And I think Surgical Scissors with one Micro-Serrated Edge work the best.

Super Cut Operating Scissors Blunt-Blunt 5.5", Pack of 2, Surgical Instruments | eBay
Yes! I got a pair of these off Amazon and they chop right through big thick wads of wick with no slipping or pulling. I'm not yet sold on the curved-blades version I got though, kind of wishing I had got the straight ones. But the micro-serrated edge ("super-cut sharpness") is definitely where it's at!

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Yes! I got a pair of these off Amazon and they chop right through big thick wads of wick with no slipping or pulling. I'm not yet sold on the curved-blades version I got though, kind of wishing I had got the straight ones. But the micro-serrated edge ("super-cut sharpness") is definitely where it's at!

Yeah... that Micro-Serrated edge is Very Hard to Beat.

I have a couple Different Sizes in both Straight and Curved. But for Chopp'n Cotton, the Straight ones I listed I think work the Best.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread