Wicked sort fused today.. And I can't take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teeto

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2011
Boston, Ma
I'm sure your not gonna be dissapointed. Tried a lot of menthols and this is my favorite since it reminds me of the cigs I used to smoke. Let me know how you like it. Anyways, with Boba's. It's really a hard flavor to explain. Since there is many interpretations of the taste that people get from it.

Some people really like it while others don't care for it at all. So, you'll have to make the decision on if you want to get some or not. To me, it tastes like a tobacco/graham cracker type juice. It's not one of my favorites but, I like to vape it sometimes.

I'm looking forward to the newport beach! I won't lie, I don't have high hopes because I feel like the menthol liquids I have tried taste like straight menthol and not tobacco.. Not what I was looking for.. By I hope to be wrong with this one! Since it was my favorite.

I'm going to wait on boba's bounty. But will try it soon. Graham cracker does sound good though! Lol

Sent from my Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch.

Teeto

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2011
Boston, Ma
You guys have helped a million! Making me worry about receiving my new purchases rather than a ride to the gas station to buy a pack of newports to keep me occupied! Thank you so much for your support! It is why I love this place! I want to be a vaper for life! But I know I still need help, and since I am somewhat the first of its kind out of my friends, a phone call and a voice is not accessible to me.. this its the next best thing! Thank you! Its a lot of stress while dealing with the ex-gf moving out during the days that we speak.. And the outcome was usually to go out and get away by buying a pack of analogs to pass the stress. But I'm not going to do that anymore. Need this help! Regardless if you all made me spend more money! :p lol

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
Totally understandable and yeah, there are a lot of menthol juices out there. But, there are only a few that have tobacco in them as well. Another one is BWB Tobacco Menthol but, it takes a month of steeping in order for it to taste the way it should. Which is why I didn't mention it earlier. Anyways, I'll be looking for an update when you get the juice.

erich

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Heh, no, I wouldn't say you're evil. I was calling myself evil for suggesting that the answer to all of your problems in the world lies in the perfect combo. It might not actually be a joke, but I'm going to use it as one anyway in that there are people who get into this hobby with a fervor that resembles a gambling addiction. I'm luckily still within my means even when I make a couple of impulse buys. But I've been down that road and bought lots of stuff, so if you want an inexpensive way to get a feel for it, here's what I'd suggest as the ultimate "get your feel for mods" purchase:

5% off coupon for RTDVAPOR.com in this thread
Welcome to MadVapes LLC - may be a coupon there too, but I don't have one.
You already found ParkesVaping, which I don't think does coupons, but super low prices anyhow.

Grand total, $147.50. However, for this, you get a mod that can run at 3.7v, 5v, and 6v. You have tanks/cartos combos and drip atomizers that will work with any of these voltages. Pretty versatile little setup there, and while it seems like a lot, the batteries, chargers, cartomizers, tanks, & atomizers are transferable to whatever mod you want afterwards, and you'll always have the diamond mod for backup.

That, or take the cartomizer tank and atomizers from above, and pop them on the $99 LavaTube kit, which has variable voltage and eliminates the need for so many batteries. That total would come to $159.53 and be easier to experiment with.

I need to formalize this post somewhere, but I've been meaning to compile a set of good mod choices for new people that they can "grow out of" without having throwaway stuff in the interim.

Teeto

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2011
Boston, Ma
Totally understandable and yeah, there are a lot of menthol juices out there. But, there are only a few that have tobacco in them as well. Another one is BWB Tobacco Menthol but, it takes a month of steeping in order for it to taste the way it should. Which is why I didn't mention it earlier. Anyways, I'll be looking for an update when you get the juice.

Oh you will but to be honest I kind of feel like I forget exactly how newports actually taste! :( .. I don't think it's a bad thing. But I know its not how these menthol juices taste! Hopefully newport beach will make the difference! It has really been nearly a month without a puff! And granted its not really cold turkey, but it has been cold turkey from analogs! Not a puff or 1 analog to get me through the worst of it! Strictly vaping and yelling at my reps that smell like cigarettes for going out and smoking the real thing! Eww! Cannot believe that was me!

erich

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I'm looking forward to the newport beach! I won't lie, I don't have high hopes because I feel like the menthol liquids I have tried taste like straight menthol and not tobacco.. Not what I was looking for.. By I hope to be wrong with this one! Since it was my favorite.

I'm going to wait on boba's bounty. But will try it soon. Graham cracker does sound good though! Lol

You can add menthol drops to anything... I make menthol Boba's Bounty, menthol bounty hunter, event menthol peach. You can (and should, IMHO) mentholate anything. :)

I vaped Volcano Menthol daily for months when I started out. It's not tobacco, but not like "smoking altoids" either. interactive page on their ad, so I can't link directly to my review, but you can drill down in that volcano link for the review by "Eric". I actually have a bunch of it spare now, since I just ordered a boatload of juice at the AVE sale. I can send you a free sample and/or sell it at a discount if you like it. It's the "juice that got me off of analogs", though juice is the most subjective part of this hobby.

erich

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2011
Atlanta, GA

Teeto

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2011
Boston, Ma
Heh, no, I wouldn't say you're evil. I was calling myself evil for suggesting that the answer to all of your problems in the world lies in the perfect combo. It might not actually be a joke, but I'm going to use it as one anyway in that there are people who get into this hobby with a fervor that resembles a gambling addiction. I'm luckily still within my means even when I make a couple of impulse buys. But I've been down that road and bought lots of stuff, so if you want an inexpensive way to get a feel for it, here's what I'd suggest as the ultimate "get your feel for mods" purchase:

5% off coupon for RTDVAPOR.com in this thread
Welcome to MadVapes LLC - may be a coupon there too, but I don't have one.
You already found ParkesVaping, which I don't think does coupons, but super low prices anyhow.

Grand total, $147.50. However, for this, you get a mod that can run at 3.7v, 5v, and 6v. You have tanks/cartos combos and drip atomizers that will work with any of these voltages. Pretty versatile little setup there, and while it seems like a lot, the batteries, chargers, cartomizers, tanks, & atomizers are transferable to whatever mod you want afterwards, and you'll always have the diamond mod for backup.

That, or take the cartomizer tank and atomizers from above, and pop them on the $99 LavaTube kit, which has variable voltage and eliminates the need for so many batteries. That total would come to $159.53 and be easier to experiment with.

I need to formalize this post somewhere, but I've been meaning to compile a set of good mod choices for new people that they can "grow out of" without having throwaway stuff in the interim.

Well I was spending from 240-250 bare minimum a month on analogs! At this point! I know I could buy a expensive mod plus juices and still end up fairly even! Lmao yes packs are expensive here in MA. Now I spend more on lunch too since I did not watt lunch when I smoked.. But still worth it. I will look into this stuff! Almost bought a lava tube instead of my epower.. but volcano ecigs did not have the full kit in stock, and I heard it might be to big to carry for an all time vape. Maybe grab on in the near future for home use.. But fear once you go to 4-5-6v you'll never go back! Ahh nervous for kicking it up!

erich

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2011
Atlanta, GA
These are cheap, discreet, VV mods SmokTek "SmokBox VariCool" - Custom variable volt Box Mod - Efficient switching regulator! adjustable 3,4,5,6.5 volt's & everything between.

Runs on a pair of 14500 batteries, and in this size I *do* recommend the AW IMR 14500

I've always kinda felt that box mods are "throwaway" in that you'll eventually get a provari and stop using it. Cheaper way to test the basic functionality of VV, though, and you could carry it to the pool or w/e where it won't make you cry if it gets damaged.

Taniger1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2011
Pasco, Washington
That's funny you guys, I did the tank thing (I still own a purple lava tank) the variable volt round mods, but I settled on bottom feeders. I take a Reo to work, and have a vv Sgt that I use at home. I"m probably going to camp Hogfather for a wood VV bottom feeder.

I think erich is right. Finding the set up is the roughest part. Once you find what you like, it's kind of a cake walk :0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread