Wicking problem ammit dual coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

dardares

Aug 21, 2017
Hi,

I desperately try to make this build to work.

Here the issue, have prebuilt coil, perfect fit. I try to wick them many time today, watch many youtube video, etc, and at each time, it leak. If it don't leak, the flavor is horrible, dry hit.

I've tryied japanese cotton, organic cotton and bacon v2, all cotton type make the same result.

When it's leak, i've tryied too to add more cotton. Seem to come from the airflow the leakink. After added some cotton, the leaking issues is resolve, but the flavor is not there, and dry hit.

I'm desesperate, i try to get off my tfv12 (coil cost so much,) to rdta, but no luck.

Thank you very much!

Envoyé de mon SM-N950W en utilisant Tapatalk

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I’ve only used the single coil ammit, but my experience was that wick size and length was exacting and critical. I got best results with a 3.5mm diameter coil packed fairly tight, with wick length so that the fibers just touch d the bottom of the juice well. This required some sculpting of the end of the wick

• Agree
Reactions: gofishtx

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
I’ve only used the single coil ammit, but my experience was that wick size and length was exacting and critical. I got best results with a 3.5mm diameter coil packed fairly tight, with wick length so that the fibers just touch d the bottom of the juice well. This required some sculpting of the end of the wick
You need to thin out your wick tails. Too thick of a tail will flood juice into your airflow. Look at some YouTube videos of reviews and you should find one that shows building and wicking. Good luck

dardares

Aug 21, 2017
Here are somes pictures of my actual build. Like i said, been watched many YouTube video, tryied a lot of technique demonstrated in them.

The airflow on this thank is the left and right holes. Like the pictures show, no any cotton go on it. And this leak.

Thank.
09fb02cab968c2478c996f37a18e3aa9.jpg
9f1d857a0375b386b391f5a75ee8679e.jpg
db9ea36c465e58cd47ed2fd1c012cc62.jpg
334202f6cfcf2f3271a30635ab10dd4d.jpg

Envoyé de mon SM-N950W en utilisant Tapatalk

bsidb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
Leroy,NY
more coil would make better use of the air flow, as you have it the air flow goes past the coil without picking up any vapor, your wick should have shoulders touching the top of the coil, filling the coil, see how yours droop coming out of the coil, also the hole for juice to wet the wick should be full of wick closing the hole, loosely packed

dardares

Aug 21, 2017
Finally, the flavor is ok, but seem to restart to leak today.

If i understand what you mean, bsidb, i need to cut a little bit the leg, so it will be less cotton inside to juice hole in the bottom of the thank, and to make the soulder more straight to go directly in the juice hole, then it will be less pointed up?

Thank again, i think i will finish to understand and make a thing working, it go better from one time to another

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
Just a shot cause I don't own a ammit but from just looking at the pics. I see first there is a space in the wicking in the juice well, the wick has to totally cover the opening of the juice well. Since your using cotton there seems to be way too much bulk in the tails so the cotton will just pump juice up as your vaping then drip off. Take tweezers or pin holding down one side of the wick then brush through the tail removing then cutting off rather than pulling off some of the bulk you brush out. Another thing I do is juice the wick after thinning out the tail then make the tail like a fan to be sure the juice hole is totally covered then put a small ball of cotton behind the wick in the well to hold the fan of wick in place(amount of tail thinned determines how much to put behind the wick), I never try to place dry wick into a well or channel. Having the wick touching the sides of the atty or protruding over the well is another reason for the leaking, after a few pulls the juice is flowing to the coil then running down the sides again caused by massive tail bulk.
Just trimming the tails in a wide ID coil just isn't enough, you have to balance the tails to juice flow by removing some of the wicking. This is where rayon works much better than cotton cause you able to thin out the tails to be able to fill the well with enough wick cause you can thin it out and still have great juice flow.
As for shoulders I read....just be sure the fibers are all straight and pretty(the thinning does that), make sure the top of the last wrap has wick under it, there is no real need to have shoulders.
If you want my true opinion is that you get rid of the cotton and give rayon a go. Bit of research to how rayon is to be wicked(opposite to cotton)..super tight in the coil with thinning of the tails(less is more), you get more life out of rayon cause the juice flows outside the fiber unlike cotton that flows inside the fiber thus expanding and fibers plug up causing the burn then dryhits that with rayon your coil cocoons with YUK long before the rayon poops out then after a rinse the rayon is barely browned while the cotton is burnt black.
I've been vaping rayon builds well over 2 years now and never vape any other wicking again unless something earth shattering comes around but that hasn't happened yet.

bsidb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
Leroy,NY
Finally, the flavor is ok, but seem to restart to leak today.

If i understand what you mean, bsidb, i need to cut a little bit the leg, so it will be less cotton inside to juice hole in the bottom of the thank, and to make the soulder more straight to go directly in the juice hole, then it will be less pointed up?

Thank again, i think i will finish to understand and make a thing working, it go better from one time to another
not less cotton in the juice hole , same amount, but shorten the legs and tuck the shoulders in so they don't over hang the outside of the whole base touching the inside of chamber when screwed together ( inside the threads)

Reactions: lupinehorror
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread