"Wide band" 510 attys

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorldPax

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2009
Tulsa, OK
I recommend them.

I have used both the wide and narrow band 510 attys on my new Prodigy this week. Both seem to produce the same vapor and throat hit. The difference is in the heat management. The WB attys do not seem to overheat as quickly, and are quicker to cool down. This is purely anecdotal on my part. I have not done any real science on this issue.

That is all.

Twigg07

May 25, 2009
by wide band are u referring to if the mesh wick is rounded and not pinched and if u do then i remember readiing that atomizers with the mesh wick pinched in tend to heat quicker and hotter and i actually prefer them pinched for that reason because for me it shortens the draw so yea they may not get as hot as fast but for a good vapor in 2-3 second draw is a must for the analogue like feel but JMO

Surf Monkey

Cartel Boss
ECF Veteran
May 28, 2009
Sesame Street
The external band has nothing to do with the performance of the atomizer. All atomizers built by joyetech are created equal. The only atomizers for the 510 that are built differently are the JSB-510 atomizers. They're thin band, but note that not all thin band atomizers are JSB. joyetech also makes thin band atomizers. The only way to tell if you have Joyetech hardware is to look into the barrel of the device and observe the construction of the bridge and the washer at the bottom.

talmadgemonroe

ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2009
Kalamazoo
FWIW:
There are Three 510 attys (that I am aware of). Titan, wide band which you can get from TW, IV, and The Electronic Cigarette Company. The thin band or "classic" which most everyone carrys. The is also a "new" 510 atty which is supposed to work better but where they come from seems tho be open for debate still. Anyway, I find that my Titan works the best, more consistant.

Talmadge

Surf Monkey

Cartel Boss
ECF Veteran
May 28, 2009
Sesame Street
As far as we know, all 510 atomizers are created equally (all manufactured by Joyetech in the same factory) regardless of the color, thickness of band and so forth. The only 510 compatible atomizers out there that aren't made by Joyetech are JSB-510s which are a third party version. They have a different internal construction and a slightly larger diameter. The majority of vendors selling 510 parts carry genuine Joyetech hardware.

WorldPax

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2009
Tulsa, OK
As far as we know, all 510 atomizers are created equally (all manufactured by Joyetech in the same factory) regardless of the color, thickness of band and so forth. The only 510 compatible atomizers out there that aren't made by Joyetech are JSB-510s which are a third party version. They have a different internal construction and a slightly larger diameter. The majority of vendors selling 510 parts carry genuine Joyetech hardware.

Regardless of who builds them, they are not the same. One has a wide band and one doesn't. Not having dismantled any, I can't say whether that represents a significant design difference. Even if the only difference was that you handed me one with your right hand and the other with your left, my experience and others it seems, is that there IS a difference in performance.We got your point on the first post.

Surf Monkey

Cartel Boss
ECF Veteran
May 28, 2009
Sesame Street
We got your point on the first post.

No need to be snotty about it.

It's my understanding that the wide band atomizers are exactly the same except for the purely cosmetic wide gold band. You say you've observed a difference in performance. Many, myself included, have the opposite experience. I've used all variety of Joyetech 510 atomizers and they all work the same. All the differences in performance I've seen are due to slight differences between individual atomizers, not between wide band, thin band, black, white, blue or any other cosmetic difference.

WorldPax

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2009
Tulsa, OK
No need to be snotty about it.

It's my understanding that the wide band atomizers are exactly the same except for the purely cosmetic wide gold band. You say you've observed a difference in performance. Many, myself included, have the opposite experience. I've used all variety of Joyetech 510 atomizers and they all work the same. All the differences in performance I've seen are due to slight differences between individual atomizers, not between wide band, thin band, black, white, blue or any other cosmetic difference.

Well.....i can accept that argument. I'm still using the first WB I have. It could be I just got a good one. So the verdict is still out for me I guess.

Rorschach

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2008
New York, NY
Well.....i can accept that argument. I'm still using the first WB I have. It could be I just got a good one. So the verdict is still out for me I guess.

I've used wide and thin bands, several of them from several different suppliers and I have not found them to make a difference at all wide band vs. short band.

I hesitate to make comparisons on wide vs. short, I just think there is a lack of quality control with the atomizers as many don't wick/drain the cart properly (and a large majority of those are wide bands.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread