wierd breathing problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuzzyvape

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
That happened to me too around the 4th week. I think it is either the pg or just sucking so much through the cig, that you forget to breathe (or both). I am using vg part time now instead of all pg and it seems to help.
gonna see tommorow been over a friends with animals and im pretty sensitive to pet dander. so if it hbappens tommorow then its the ecig if not may of just been the pets scratchy throat too UGH

Nuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Ontario, Canada
I can definitely feel it if I vape a bit too much. I get a tightness in the bottom of my throat and upper chest.

I cut down for a few days and it clears up. I'm gonna try VG when my JC sampler gets here to see if I can avoid the problem.

Another thing I notice, is that I get a film inside my mouth from vaping. I find I have to brush my teeth much more because of it.

Throat irritation was bad with PG but I am allergic.I did get that "tightness" at the bottom of the throat though. So did my partner.. but he got used to it after a few weeks and it kind of went away (or he doesn't notice it anymore lol!). The VG has different weird symptoms. Feels "heavy" in the throat while vaping and feels like it "coated" your throat for a few seconds after exhale. I use VG cause of the allergy, but I like it (not as much flavor as PG tho).

by the way... I have had issues with sleepwalking before the e-cig... but I do find it increased a little (I fall asleep with the e-cig in my mouth though.. I vape constantly!). I have no idea how I went to sleep last night. I am just sure to go to sleep with clothes on in case I go outside. Walked the dog naked one night last summer.. neighbors mentioned it the next day.. lol!

Spikey you need to see a doctor about your sleep walking, and anyone having tightness in the chest needs to see the doctor.

Been sleepwalking since I was 8... and it only happens when I go to sleep with things unfinished (which lately is a lot!). Never gotten hurt yet (knock on wood).

Prob only happens in actuality 2-3 times a year (from what people tell me) and I never sleep alone.. so I am pretty sure that is accurate.

digitalmechanic

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2009
San Antonio, Texas
There is a link, nicotine is a stimulant and can be used to cause vivid dreams.

DMechanic, if I were you I'd get some professional advice about sleepwalking. You might want to know if it can be dangerous/how to improve safety. Go easy on the nicotine at night and see if that helps.

i'm wondering if there was something else in smokes that my brain has gotten used to and quit making on it's own. When I quit my previous evil habit it took my brain a few years to recover from (not totally).

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread