Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
Are you talking about the 5 post rule? If so, make 5 posts and then wait an hour, at most, and you can post anywhere. Prevents bots and spammers. Just welcome 5 new folks to the Forum, like I'm doing for you. It takes a few minutes only, and then you're done. The website updates at 25 after the hour, then you can go anywhere. Welcome to the Forum and good luck.

Edit: There are a couple of Forums that do require 15 posts before you can post there, but dozens that you can post in after the first 5 posts, and an hourly computer update.

Last edited:

arcanehacker

Oct 31, 2013
Somewhere
Are you talking about the 5 post rule? If so, make 5 posts and then wait an hour, at most, and you can post anywhere. Prevents bots and spammers. Just welcome 5 new folks to the Forum, like I'm doing for you. It takes a few minutes only, and then you're done. The website updates at 25 after the hour, then you can go anywhere. Welcome to the Forum and good luck.

Yeah.. it just makes every member 'spam' 5 post each.

Gfinch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2013
Pilot Point, TX
I being a old forum hand in many different forums over the years did not read the new member info very much, thought they were all the same. Took me days to figure out why I could not post anything where I wanted too.

Doesn't matter to me about the 5 post rule. i love it here with the wealth of knowledge to be had. If not for ECF I would not have had any idea about my ongoing vapors tongue. 9 days now if anyone else is counting....oh wait I am the only one counting. If not for that then I would probably have given up and returned to smoking but I know it will end someday, sometime, maybe, hopefully. Haha.

Great support group here and 5 posts are easy enough if you are a newb and have many questions.

BardicDruid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2009
Central Texas
No, I find it irritating. So I should spam the new members board with hellos. The system doesn't work very well. I have a little over 15 posts and its been a few days. Still can't post in other parts of the forum.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Looks like it works great, the forum isn't riddled with spam.

bendeng

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Gainesville, VA
Looks like it works great, the forum isn't riddled with spam.

I would consider the hundreds of threads on the same topic spam. That's just me tho. I suppose once you finally have access to other forums theres no need to come back to the newbie side...

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
No, I find it irritating. So I should spam the new members board with hellos. The system doesn't work very well. I have a little over 15 posts and its been a few days. Still can't post in other parts of the forum.

We're all in the same boat, it doesn't hurt to be nice. If you can't post anywhere else try contacting a mod. There is a forum or two where it takes more than five posts before you can post in them.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla

if you still cant post in other places try logging out then back in.

as for the 5 post rule - many companies come here and start spamming the forums, with the rule in place they stay contained to one area, it makes it easier to contain and delete them before they have enough time to get 5 posts in and a status reset. keeping them out of the rest of the forum.

for anyone complaining maybe notice the lack of ads for richpeoplemingledotcom or no ads for fake rolex's floating around.

even if you are just spamming hellos to others it is enough time for the mods and others to feel you out and notice if your botting or trying to sell something

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread