Wife has turned on me. Need best 2 pieces of pro-vape/nic science.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmcguffie

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2014
Ayrshire, Scotland, UK
I also agree with this to an extent but didn't want to say it....
This may sound harsh but it sounds to me like you have allowed someone else to have complete control of YOUR life. If she loved you, truly loved you, instead of wanting to control you, she would allow you to be you.

Pardon me but I am just an old lady that just doesn't understand this mentality.
Not harsh at all IMO, needs to be a bit of give and take in any relationship. In this situation where the person is not even going to listen to an argument in favour of your position, when all's said and done, you are left with only two choices, capitulate or (pit bull or not) tell her to back the **** up

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    Who can justify wanting to do something, especially with some health risk? But that's life. However, your wife needs to stop listening to idiots except to be mad at them. Maybe you need to stop vaping for a while to help her realize your beliefs in this matter are stronger than your desires. But it does sound like this is a symptom of problems, not the cause.

BackDoc

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 24, 2010
    Galts Gulch
    OP, I am deeply sorry for the loss of your child,i too have had a similar life changing event, my thoughts and prayers go out to you. Please take my advice as constructive not criticism...... I'm not going to dance around the issue as many here have in order not to offend , but the essence of your dilemma is not in giving your wife scientific evidence for the safety of vaping . You need To Man Up , yes Man Up and tell her politely but seriously that you are going to Vape,end of story........what she does is her choice after that . her attempt to control you is a plea from her for you to be the Man

Reactions: RosaJ

NOVA jon

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 28, 2014
    Northern virginia
    OP, I am deeply sorry for the loss of your child,i too have had a similar life changing event, my thoughts and prayers go out to you. Please take my advice as constructive not criticism...... I'm not going to dance around the issue as many here have in order not to offend , but the essence of your dilemma is not in giving your wife scientific evidence for the safety of vaping . You need To Man Up , yes Man Up and tell her politely but seriously that you are going to Vape,end of story........what she does is her choice after that . her attempt to control you is a plea from her for you to be the Man

I agree to some extent, but there is a point in the relationship where you have to "pick your battles" so to speak. I think the input of as much info as possible might get you there but at the same time, you gotta just talk it out like the adults you are. If it gets heated, take a time out. If your wife is just steadfast not wanting to listen, and you don't want to stop vaping, could go south in a hurry??!!

Reactions: cindycated

redddog

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 5, 2012
    Rochester, NY
    Things have been getting a little more "heated" latley. I think I'll have to give in on this. She's been "posioned" by my "friend" and, like a pit bull, won't release. It's gotten ridiculous. I don't really do it that much so stopping is more of a capitulation than a nic reduction issue. I know that's not really the point but it's gotten so that even if I showed her irrefutable evidence, she'll dismiss it. Just the non-stop aping of the antz rhetoric. It's not even an argument anymore - just uncompromising back and forth.

Not worth it anymore.

Thanks for all your help, gang.

Reactions: Kprthevapr

Robino1

Resting in Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 7, 2012
    Treasure Coast, Florida
    {{{{{{ Red }}}}}} I'm so sorry
    You know better than any of us what you are going through and how you need to handle it. I also hope your hormonal pregnant friend has a healthy baby and after the baby is born she needs to go back to vaping instead of picking up cigarettes.

If you find you need to come back to vaping, please know that we are here.

I wish everyone had as supportive of a spouse as I have.

bluecat

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 22, 2012
    Cincy
    My wife was the same way at the beginning. I just agreed with her and said yes, I am. Then I said, I also exercise every day, so I will stop that since I am an addict. I told that the glass of wine she has every night is an addiction and she should stop that. I told her I could go back to smoking if she wanted.

Yup.. I slept in the guest room a few nights and sent a few dozen roses, but after a few months, she stopped. This year I was able to vape all the way in a 14 hour car ride. Not one complaint until I blew a cloud into her face by accident, but that was my fault. 2 and half years later she never complains.

Reactions: Kprthevapr

Treeburner1983

Reviewer / Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    So, she used to be supportive. But she always said "you can do it until they prove it's harmful."

She'd been pretty good about it outside of openly hating any flavor I vape. I don't understand the "eww. what is that? Cinamon Danish?! Ewww!" I mean, who the hell hates the smell of cinamon danishes? It was clear from the begining that she was only saying that to show her displeasure at vaping in general and not really the vapor.

At any rate, a friend of ours who vapes just got pregnant and she stopped vaping. My wife goes over to their place for a swim and our friend basically convinced my wife that I need to stop. Now my wife, who was giving in slowly to the little "Today Show" anti-vape puff-pieces that say "we just don't know," is now a full-blown antz member saying things like "you're an addict" etc. She won't listen to anything I tell her so I'll have to show her something convincing. It also has to be concise and to the point.

I know there's a lot out there but wondered if y'all could point me to one or two concise, irrefutable pro-vape studies regarding vape saftey and nic health effects as a last resort? She's a little pit-bull and will not stop until I give up vaping entirely. All under the justification that "I love you and I can't watch you do something that's unhealthy."

The comedy is that I only do it at night when she goes to bed for maybe 15 minutes. 3 mg nic and probably .5 to1.5 mls a day.

Thanks all.

Tell her she is no longer allowed outside of the house because you're afraid of all the unhealthy things she'll be exposed to including air pollution, exposure to bacteria and viruses and other threats. Point out that you're only concerned with her safety, and bring it up every time she wants to leave the house.

When she refuses, connect the idiotic dots for her.

-Treeburner

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 1, 2015
    On the River, GA
    Things have been getting a little more "heated" latley. I think I'll have to give in on this. She's been "posioned" by my "friend" and, like a pit bull, won't release. It's gotten ridiculous. I don't really do it that much so stopping is more of a capitulation than a nic reduction issue. I know that's not really the point but it's gotten so that even if I showed her irrefutable evidence, she'll dismiss it. Just the non-stop aping of the antz rhetoric. It's not even an argument anymore - just uncompromising back and forth.

Not worth it anymore.

Ya know red, you can always come here to talk/vent/rant, we will always be here my friend! You have support on this end. Good luck! :)

Reactions: Robino1

makuto

ECF Veteran
    Jul 30, 2014
    Santo Domingo, DR
    I can totally relate. My wife still smokes analogs and gets mad at me for buying ejuice. I tell her that after quitting I feel a lot better and that in any case she still buys half a pack of analogs a day. Everytime I try a new flavor shes like "ewwww it smells awful" (even looper that is one of the best ejuice smells I have ever smelled). Last night she got ao mad because I bought a 30ml bottle and Im like ok I wont buy ejuice if you dont buy cigarettes, that ended that discussion but she still was mad at me. So be it. I wont quit vaping because I really enjoy it and dont want to go back to the cancer sticks.

On another note I have bought her ego batteries with clearomizer, she has tried my atlantis v2 and my drippers. She always coughs and says it messes with her asthma (but she smokes analogs). Ive come to the conclussion to just let her be and I will continue vaping.

Reactions: AllElseFailed

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 26, 2013
    Indiana

Not worth it anymore.

Wow, sorry it's gotten so bad there redddog. It sounds though like you'll be ok if you quit vaping since you don't vape that much. I guess your lucky in that sense, things would have been much harder if you were a heavy vaper. Would she be ok with you vaping unflavored zero or very low nic liquid that you mix yourself? I'm just thinking if you do have a hard time giving up vaping at least you could do that and explain to her that you know exactly what's in your juice because you're mixing it yourself.

RandyF

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 1, 2013
    Arizona

Not worth it anymore.

What is her primary argument? There have been no documented adverse effects from VG, PG is used in many applications and there have also been no documented adverse effects (outside of allergies) associated with it. Nicotine, like I stated earlier is, is clearly FDA approved. Flavors are where the main issues (questions/unknowns) stem from and removing that from the equation is simple.

My wife has never smoked or vaped, but she has always been completely supportive of my conversion to vaping. I think she was more excited than me with its success. It is just hard for me to comprehend someone, especially someone that use to smoke, taking such a hard line against it. If it was me, and believe me I know what it means to compromise, and by compromise I mean typically me just giving in for the sake of marital bliss (married 20 years together 25), this would be a battle she would need to compromise on and not win outright.

Last edited:

mizunoboy

Feb 5, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Why not turn it around and say that if she finds proof that vaping is harmful then you will give up straight away and hand over your bank account to do with what she wishes........er,maybe last bit not a good idea but you get the drift ha...oh and if by some miracle you happen to get one over on her(and Im not expecting it ha)please let the rest of the male species know how you managed it,good luck and God bless my son...
    :rickroll:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread