Wife says I smell fruity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cavere

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2013
Utah
This sounds like a personal problem. Your wife sounds a bit demanding...

Haha yes a bit. With a lot of my aftershaves (my other hobby is straight razors) she says I smell like an old man. Honestly I smoked for awhile without her knowing or smelling it on me. Know that my smell is back I have no idea how she didn't.

I Just need to find different flavors that don't smell I guess. I think it's more that I get juice on me or my clothes and that's what smells more.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
What does she want you to quit? vaping or just the fruits? If its vaping, ask her if she would rather you go back to smoking....

I thank God every day that Mr. Robin, a never smoker, is supportive. He is content that I have chosen vaping over smoking. The only time he smells my vape is when I'm in my 'office' and have been vaping heavily. He doesn't even notice it much when we are in the car with the windows up.

He understands that I will vape for the rest of my life and is thrilled I'm no longer stinking of smoke. We both thought I would be smoking until the day I died.

I don't know how to advise you. I've not been in your situation. The best thing I can think of is my first statement. Ask if she'd rather you smoke.

upsetter21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2013
Alameda, CA
You must quickly locate one of her flaws and obsessively mention it over and over until she cracks.

Seriously though, a female writer once described the aromas of men to be of leather & tobacco. You don't want to smell like a fruit. It may be time to consider a cologne or essensial oil. & vape with the car window down. Consider a lavander dryer sack - and put cedar in the droors with your clothes.

mirth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2013
Oklahoma
If she is very sensitive to smells in general you could switch to a flavorless if you really want to appease her wishes.

You also have the option of telling her you could switch back to analogs and ask if that is preferred for her, although I would hope that she would want you to live a longer and healthier life. If she doesn't already know you could also inform her of the positives of vaping including the lessened health risks and "saved" money.

You could switch to a tobacco flavor, like Ry4 or Grey matter or just bring her along to a vape lounge and sit her down and ask her what smells don't offend, this option would be nice because it would include her in your new found hobby, while also allowing you to buy some more juice.

Best of luck :toast:

Last edited:

Cavere

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2013
Utah
Have her buy you a cologne that she would enjoy smelling on you and wear it! Vaping residual smell is nothing like wreaking of smoke, so it should mask it great! Then you can enjoy the flavors you enjoy and smell good for her too!

I've tried that one as well. She wouldn't go for it. It feels like a losing battle. I've tried a few tobacco flavors but nothing I've loved so far. If only cinnamon roll made me smell like a cinnamon roll! I think it really comes down to only vaping fruits when I'm not around her and finding something that doesn't smell fruity for when I am.

Fenris4024

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Lubbock, TX
Wow... I feel for you man... I'm lucky, My SO loves the smell 99% of the time, the one percent being when its a good cafe mocha DIY and we're out of actual chocolate in the house, because then I am apparently breaking the Geneva Convention :)

She also plays the "guess the flavor" game too...which I love when she gets it right, since to me that means the DIY of the day is pretty much spot on, and non-offensive.

CheekyChica

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2013
Las Vegas Nevada
www.youtube.com
Fruity vs Ashtray!
Just as a "maybe" factor, if you have been sucessful in quiting smoking and you are happy and having fun, especially if you are getting into the hobby aspect of vaping....she could be a bit jealous. Its not uncommon that close friends and family can sometimes become jealous over others victories. Of course if you ask her, she'll never admit that but maybe just keep that in mind when she makes comments. Just let her vent and don't "over the top" defend your decision. I don't know you or your wife but maybe try and help her with a victory of her own, if shes trying to achieve something such as exercising or eating healthy or starting a new hobby of her own or learning something new or whatever. I had a friend that became jealous of me that I had lost weight and quit smoking and getting healthy and she got a bit down right nasty with me a few times on my vaping saying that I smell "weird" and I'm to stay away from her like stand 5 feet from her and such. I knew she was jealous and she did smoke and wanted an e-cig but couldnt afford one, so I got her a ego kit for around $35 and gave it to her as a present. Now shes all happy and loves the way we both smell lol! So maybe just think about it.

minigoat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
USA
Tonight:

Hold her head under the covers and let loose with a big fart. At this point she will most likely punch you, breaking your nose.
When you get back from the hospital say (in your now nasally broken nose voice)

At weast it didn't smeww wike a fwuit!

I have helped many couples, some of which are still married

What smells does she like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread